Kheidra Linked by ESPN

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

19.43 BST: Jose Ramon Fernandez, anchor for the ESPN show "Futbol Picante," believes a number of big transfers are on the verge of going through, tweeting: "The post-World Cup transfer market moves begin. We can confirm over these days the movement of Kroos to Madrid, Khedira to Chelsea and Di Maria to PSG."

I've found espn to be reasonably reliable in its reporting. This would be somewhat surprising although I see Kheidra as a Jose style player

Guest RFC_CFC

Khedira would not be needed especially if Tiago is signing.

We have or will have Mikel, Ramires and Tiago all fighting it out to start beside Matic not including Cesc might play there too.

Guest RFC_CFC

Might mean Ramires is going to Madrid?

As poor as Ramires has been this season swapping him with Khedira would be stupidity.

Quite like Khedira to be honest, I can see mikel or ramires moving on, and mvg going out on loan.

The only issue I have with ramires leaving, is we may lack pace in the middle of the park. However ramires is that inconsistent both in discipline, and quality, we probably would be better off with Khedira.

I'm not even sure if he's better than Ramires, they both have the same weaknessess.

I think Khedira is better on the ball though, but still limited. I also think he is more consistent and has better discipline. I would miss ramires, but he has gone backwards under Mourinho.

I think Khedira is better on the ball though, but still limited. I also think he is more consistent and has better discipline. I would miss ramires, but he has gone backwards under Mourinho.

Not more disciplined from what I've seen, the guy runs around like a headless chicken. It was a major criticism of him last season. Probably more consistent but the level he consistent at isn't very good anyway.

Wouldn't say Ramires has gone backwards, it's only one poor season here. Probably half a season actually as he was pretty good at near the start. Not like he's been this poor for years.

Why would we want Khedira? He seems cooked and is very limited as a player. We should sell Ramires and Mikel, bite the bullet and purchase Pogba.

I don't understand why we are after these old players who are passed their peak. They will turn into list cloggers in no time. We need to back our youth.

Edited by Epikur

I don't think he offers us a great deal that Ramires doesn't (other than being a week and a half younger). He might be a little more tidy in his passing, but we also have to bear in mind that he's just come back from a pretty serious injury. Not worth it in my opinion, I'd rather keep Ramires. If we can work on Ramires' flaws he could be an extraordinary player, although I fear he is getting to the age where that is getting less and less likely to happen.

We could do worse than Khedira, but we could also do better. He's a passenger in both the Real Madrid side and the German national team, he has so much quality around him that it covers up his significant shortcomings as a player. What he will give is strength and energy in midfield, and he's not an awful passer, but he doesnt have much in the way of vision or technique and i'd rather keep Ramires given the whole 'devil you know' argument.

We may as well keep Ramires, as useless as Ramires can be on the ball he covers a tremendous amount of space like no other, never stops running.

But isn't Khedira just the same? Sure he might be better on the ball but he is just an engine, I don't see how this signing will benefit us.

It's hardly pissing off the gooners, as Mourinho has been a long time admirer of Khedira; he has said it numerous times. Were we not interested in him when Jose joined last season? I am sure there was lots of talk about us going in for him, but Ancellotti was adamant that he was going nowhere; so it's not like we're just interested in him now because we want to steal him from Arsenal. Fed up of hearing that B.S from opposition fans and the like who think we just want to steal their potential signings. Yeah, like we (amongst other teams) wouldn't be interested in that player as well! Crazy talk. I don't understand why Juventus are asking for 60 million for the guy. I guess they are getting caught up in the hype too. I admire their tenacity to charge that much for a player, but that is delusional, especially given that he is still relatively unproven at the top level. The Italian league is probably the 4th strongest league in Europe, so until he is putting in elite level performances week in, week out for Juventus (in the league and CL) and France, then they shouldn't be asking for those prices. I would say 30-40 million, yes, because he "could" become one of, if not the best Midfielder in the world in 5 years, but he could also lose form and dwindle away into the abyss like highly hyped players of the past who were supposed to have "big" futures. 

Edited by enigma

It's hardly pissing off the gooners, as Mourinho has been a long time admirer of Khedira; he has said it numerous times. Were we not interested in him when Jose joined last season? I am sure there was lots of talk about us going in for him, but Ancellotti was adamant that he was going nowhere; so it's not like we're just interested in him now because we want to steal him from Arsenal. Fed up of hearing that B.S from opposition fans and the like who think we just want to steal their potential signings. Yeah, like we (amongst other teams) wouldn't be interested in that player as well! Crazy talk. I don't understand why Juventus are asking for 60 million for the guy. I guess they are getting caught up in the hype too. I admire their tenacity to charge that much for a player, but that is delusional, especially given that he is still relatively unproven at the top level. The Italian league is probably the 4th strongest league in Europe, so until he is putting in elite level performances week in, week out for Juventus (in the league and CL) and France, then they shouldn't be asking for those prices. I would say 30-40 million, yes, because he "could" become one of, if not the best Midfielder in the world in 5 years, but he could also lose form and dwindle away into the abyss like highly hyped players of the past who were supposed to have "big" futures.

It would piss them off as they're after him aswell

For pacy counter attack game Ramires is better than Khedira but as a passer and controller of midfield Sami is very very good. Love to have him in the team.

If, as expected by most, signing Pogba is just pure fantasy talk and Jose does still want a midfielder then I would not be surprised if Khedria was named by Jose as a secondary option to Pogba.

Though I would not think we would swap Ramires for him. What would Khedria's price be? 20mill-25mill? Maybe it would be Mikel that went if we signed Khedria.

If, as expected by most, signing Pogba is just pure fantasy talk and Jose does still want a midfielder then I would not be surprised if Khedria was named by Jose as a secondary option to Pogba.

Though I would not think we would swap Ramires for him. What would Khedria's price be? 20mill-25mill? Maybe it would be Mikel that went if we signed Khedria.

Mikel to Real Madrid?

:Troll_Face:   ::clap2::