Shirt sponsorship

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

So the Mancs have struck a deal with GM/Chevy to sport a giant golden cross on their chests as a welcome target for the studs of opposition players, all for a reported £50m per year for 7 years.

This eclipses our current deal with Samsung, a reported £18M per year, expiring in 2015.

Hopefully negotiations are under way for us to strike up a similarly lucrative deal to that of the Mancs, without the golden cross of course.

Am not sure Samsung would stump, so wonder who could possibly come in waving their wallet? 

Personally, if we have to have a sponsor on our kit-

Telsa

Or

Apple

Great stocks to trade but don't see either of them wanting to spend 25M per year on a football sponsor. While AAPL has ridiculous amounts of cash they already do well in marketing themselves (is there anyone better) and for TSLA not even sure they have the free cash to pony up a longterm sponsorship deal...

But I would welcome either because both have cool logos and are hip trendy corporations.

Just dont want some fly by night Chinese internet stock like Alibaba on the shirt or as already mentioned a horrible logo like a gold cross from a shoddy auto manufacturer.

I know this is different, but reports are that Adidas will pay upwards of £70M/year for 10 years to be their new kit manufacturers.

Sometimes I wish (and it could backfire like warriors awful kits) that we could get a different sponsor to Adidas just so we don't have to have the ugly required three stripes. I long for a solid blue kit but I doubt Adidas will drop their trademark design on shirts.

Sometimes I wish (and it could backfire like warriors awful kits) that we could get a different sponsor to Adidas just so we don't have to have the ugly required three stripes. I long for a solid blue kit but I doubt Adidas will drop their trademark design on shirts.

Could Umbro get back in the game?

Pretty happy with Samsung, I would hate apple to sponsor us, as I think a massive apple on out shirt would look hideous!

A bit of writing is fine like "samsung", "fly emirates", or "autoglass", but logo's like that chevrolet, is a no no for me.

Edited by big blue

For aesthetics and continuity I'd like it to stay Samsung but I won't mind having the Coca-Cola logo which looks nice on Uruguay's training kits.

In the end I'll be happy as long as it's not bet365 or some sh*t.

The Samsung logo actually looks respectable. That Chevy logo on Manc's jerseys looks tacky.

Well the fact that their logo is just their name written on a blue ellipse and that they don't seem to care about the ellipse helps making it subtle ;)

The American company have supplied the Old Trafford club since 2002 when they replaced Umbro in a lucrative deal which has cost Nike around £24million a season.

Although some reports at the weekend suggested a new record-breaking deal was set to be concluded, Nike revealed on Tuesday that they had opted to walk away from negotiations, claiming United were demanding too much money.

A Nike statement read: "Manchester United is a great club with passionate fans. We are proud to have partnered with them for the last 12 years and will continue to sponsor the club until the end of the 2014/15 season.

"Any partnership with a club or federation has to be mutually beneficial and the terms that were on offer for a renewed contract did not represent good value for Nike's shareholders.

"We look forward to a successful final season with the club."

Some reports have suggested Adidas are now in pole position to step in and clinch a deal which could see the club earn £60million a year from 2015.

Nike's original deal was worth £303million, with extra income from a profit share agreement from merchandise sold worldwide.

On Monday, United unveiled their new home kit for the 2014-15 season - which will be the last designed by Nike and the first to bear the logo of new sponsor Chevrolet.

United announced they would be entering a seven-year agreement - worth a reported £53million per season - with the US car giant from this summer back in 2012.

Incoming manager Louis van Gaal will head to the United States after the World Cup to pick up the reins for the first time as United begin their overseas tour on July 18.

Looks like Manure is quite the draw it use to be.