Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ForeverCarefree

Germany Vs Argentina 2014 World Cup Final

So who is everyone cheering for?

I'll be supporting the German's personally, I think they've played the best football this World Cup and Muller has been my player of the tournament as well. 

The quality and depth of the German midfield has been impressive and despite playing the almost suicidal high defensive line they've conceded surprisingly few goals. 

I'm expecting the Argentinians to defend deep and look to get the ball to Messi quickly on the counter which, if Germany persist with the high line, could cause them some problems. 

Argentina are my sweepstakes team.. 190 for winner, 70 for runner-up. I'm considering putting 50-70 quid on Germany to guarantee a decent payout either way.. anyone got any thoughts? 

As much as I don't want ze Germans to win, they have absolutely played the best football at this World Cup so would be worthy winners. 

Germany. Argentina have taken embellishing to a new level in this tournament. I also don't care for guys like Aguero, Di Maria, Lavezzi. On the other hand, it's hard not to root for guys like Klose, Muller, Kroos, Lahm, Schurrle...Their style of play is also admirable.

What a good final it should be but Argentina will most likely sit back and soak the pressure.

I really hope Germany score first and early or we might find ourselves watching another borefest ending in penalties. Who do I want to win... Andre , so it has to be Germany.

Call me naive, but I don't actually believe in referee favouritism. I think they do their job and they make mistakes and errors of judgement like every other human being.

Although Chris Foy is an utter c**t.

I put £20 on Germany winning the World Cup with my work colleagues before the World Cup even started. I've been all-in for the Germans ever since England went out.

Got to plum for the Krauts here but the Argies will make it very tough for them. And I'd say on balance that they probably deserve to win it for their all round performance. Just hope to see an early goal or two from the Krauts so that it draws the Argies out. Otherwise, I fear that the Argies will be out to contain & I fear for the worst - penalties and all that.

So the referee for the final is Italian.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germany%E2%80%93Italy_football_rivalry

Should that be allowed? Thought it would be a referee from a different continent to both Europe and South America

Howard Webb took charge of the Spain vs Holland final in 2010, it's about the best man for the job not their birth place.

Titanic is on at the same time as the World Cup Final.

Well played Channel Four. Master Trolls.

Bloody Hell!  You'd have to be pretty sad to want to watch Titanic instead of the World Cup!  In fact, you'd have to be pretty sad to want to watch  Titanic at all!

Bloody Hell! You'd have to be pretty sad to want to watch Titanic instead of the World Cup! In fact, you'd have to be pretty sad to want to watch Titanic at all!

I would even go so far as saying I prefer watching Mascherano instead of Di Caprio, although I feel dirty saying so.

I would even go so far as saying I prefer watching Mascherano instead of Di Caprio, although I feel dirty saying so.

Well, we're a right pair of sluts, you and I!!  :rofl: