The Chronicles of Brendan 'Cringe Worthy' Rodgers

Zola
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I don't recall him being a delusional prick at Swansea, he's clearly got sucked into the Liverpool mentality. F*cking insane.

Nah, he`s always been a dick it seems.

He said this while at Swansea after being beaten 2-0.

“It is great for the public here at Sunderland to see us,” said manager Brendan Rodgers. “They must have been wondering what this team everyone is talking about are all about and now they have seen. We were wonderful.

“Our intention is always to pass teams to a standstill, but give credit to Sunderland, they defended ever so well when other teams might have wilted.

“I suppose when you pay that kind of money for Sessegnon and Gardner, £7m and £5m, they will come up with those moments of real quality.

“Our objective at the start of this season was to stay in the league but I believe we can finish in the top 10. Of course, it is all about getting results but I still thought we were brilliant.”

What a disturbing image seven times...

Now, here's a list of brendans signings, it's hilariously bad...

Borini £10M

Allen - £15M

Assaidi - £2.5M

Sturridge - £12M

Coutinho - £8.5M

Sahin - loan

--------------

Alberto - £7M

Aspas - £7M

Mignolet - £9M

Toure - free

Ilori - £7M

Sakho - £15M

Cissokho - loan

Moses - loan

--------------

Lambert - £4M

Lallana - £25M

Can - £10M

Markovic - £20M

Lovren - £20M

Origi - £10M

Moreno - £12M

Balotelli - £16M

Manquillo - loan

Sturridge and Coutinho have been successes. No successes since then and the rest have been mediocre or worse, including some classic failures.

In fairness Moreno and Markovic look to have great potential I rate Moreno higher than the £30 mil shaw. We all know Mario has flashes of being world class and I'm sure with better service he will shine the trouble is the dippers have no clue how to exploit the talents of Balotelli like we did. The rest of his signing bar the ones you and I mentioned are crap and I doubt would make any top 4 first team. Certainly not ours or Chelsea's.

Don't forget that Brenda actually wanted Dempsey, not Sturridge, but they couldn't get it done in time.

Not only that, but he tried to send Henderson to Fulham as part of the deal.

Sheer luck saved them losing 2 of their most important players, and instead having a striker who is now playing in the MLS.

Sturridge and Coutinho have been successes. No successes since then and the rest have been mediocre or worse, including some classic failures.

I'd add Mignolet to that list. Think he's quite a poor keeper. A decent shot stopper but nil dominance of his area, which in turn creates uncertainty amongst the defenders.

Must admit that his transfer dealings, or whoever is doing them, are not great.

In his defence though I think we're stuck with shopping at a certain level. We can't attract the very top players any more so we're stuck with players of a level that are supposed to be quite good (not world class) but don't always (rarely) work out that way.

His card was marked last season when he said Liverpool would only try and win one way.

Defensively naive, got lucky with Suarez and has failed to replace him and massively overrated.

For someone that was supposedly a Mourinho apprentice, he must of been asleep for most of the master classes,

for he has learnt nothing that sets Jose apart from the others, especially from a defence point of view as he just does

not have a clue how to set a team up defensive wise.

"I want a trophy this year. My sole aim in the first three years was to get us into the Champions League. Now I want the club to win the big trophies again. Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers

Brendan fancies winning the Capital One Cup - it's the last big trophy Liverpool won 3 seasons ago.

Don't forget that Brenda actually wanted Dempsey, not Sturridge, but they couldn't get it done in time.

The

Not only that, but he tried to send Henderson to Fulham as part of the deal.

Sheer luck saved them losing 2 of their most important players, and instead having a striker who is now playing in the MLS.

LOL I completely forgot about that.

Failing upwards

On the ropes a bit is Rodgers, lots of talk about "getting back the winning mentality" and claims of the new signings needing to adapt to their playing style etc.

Simple truth is that they've lost all momentum from last season and none of their new signings have actually improved their team.

A loss this weekend to the Toffees would be hilarious.

Brendan Rodgers celebrating Liverpools goal against Everton on Saturday:

http://gfycat.com/SleepyEnviousGull

You would think he had scored the goal himself. It's pure comedy gold though when he turns to the bench arms aloft as though he is the messiah and they are his disciples. He's seeking adoration but they all completely ignore him and  look the other way, even the steward in the orange hi-vis legs it.

Priceless.

Reminder.......they scraped a 1-1 draw at fortress anfield against a team we put 6 goals past just recently.