Didier Drogba - African Footballer Of The Year

bjd

I still had hopes for a Roger Milla comeback but after him Drogs got my vote.

Well done to him, richly deserved. I know it has been said many times already but worh reiterating how impressed I am with the way Drogs has turned things round for himself

strange how the African player of the year voting looks so spot on, no surprises like sometimes crop up in other player of the year polls.

Drogba

Eto'o

Essien

cant be to much Bias going on with the voting.

strange how the African player of the year voting looks so spot on, no surprises like sometimes crop up in other player of the year polls.

Drogba

Eto'o

Essien

cant be to much Bias going on with the voting.

Next year Essien will have gone into 2nd place atleast. Eto?o having failed to win a title in 2007 will be pushed down to third (or lower).

If any player deserves such an award it Drogs . He was torn to shreads by the media last season and it says a lot about his character and determination to succeed by turning in the perfomances he has in the past 12 months.

You have to admire the guy , his all round game is incridble and he always knew within himself that he had the ability to become the most feared striker in World football.

What annoys me thought , is , the lack of credit given to him by the media , maybe if he was playing for a different club things may be different but for now , im just as thrilled for the guy and bring on the rest of the awards he truely deserves.

Could those of who have seen pictures of Drogba with the African player of the year award tell me what's the deal with the clothing he's wearing? Is that something the winner has to wear or is that some Ivorian traditional clothing Drogba wanted to put on to celebrate the occasion? Or is it something completely different? Well, here's a picture for those of you who haven't seen it:

xin_410304020851386131352.jpg

Could those of who have seen pictures of Drogba with the African player of the year award tell me what's the deal with the clothing he's wearing? Is that something the winner has to wear or is that some Ivorian traditional clothing Drogba wanted to put on to celebrate the occasion? Or is it something completely different? Well, here's a picture for those of you who haven't seen it:

xin_410304020851386131352.jpg

Straight out of Coming to America!!

Nah, i dont think Bridgey will get it icon_lol.gif

I can just picture the shock on journalists faces when FIFA announce that "...this year we won't be releasing a short-list of players, because one player has been so much above the rest that there's no point in wasting time by voting on this. The World Player of the Year in 2007 is...WAYNE BRIDGE!" icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif

Well done Didi. Throughly deserved. Kevin Davies will never win this honour.

lol?! kevin davies will never win african footballer of the year??

am i missing something? 259.gif

• 1 month later...

Archived