Gareth Bale to Chelsea

Coxy
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Isco was superb for Spain tonight.

Been in great form of late and would walk into all but 2/3 teams in the world. I just think that Real are at their most clinical, powerful best when Bale is in the side.

James hasn't been particularly stellar at RM so far, why not drop him, but Isco in as no.10 and then have Bale on the right?

Edited by Celery1989

Been in great form of late and would walk into all but 2/3 teams in the world. I just think that Real are at their most clinical, powerful best when Bale is in the side.

James hasn't been particularly stellar at RM so far, why not drop him, but Isco in as no.10 and then have Bale on the right?

He has 3 goals and 3 assists in Reals last 6 games, hes been pretty good from what Ive seen. Hes not getting dropped

The only way we could soften a bale deal is to sell cech to them + money. I don't see us paying out more than 50 million for a player any time soon. However, saying that, there were reports a couple years ago that roman wanted messi and was willing to pay 115 million for his services; not sure how true that is though.

I don't like going out and spending a big lump of cash on a player, not because I think it's immorally wrong I couldn't care less about that, it's just the spotlight. 

Gareth Bale though, I rate him as the 2nd best player in the world, I think he is fantastic, it would be hard to say no but why just tell the likes of Willian and Schurrle to piss off. This isn't going to happen anyway but to actually make a point here, we should just focus on our team and make advancements where needed, not spend on luxury or try to improve on solid players. 

It's good to have a team of players that are comfortable, take it slow like we have been doing over the years. United didn't take it slow, they had one bad season and went crazy. We went from being absolutely fantastic in 2009-2010 to being awful in 2010-2011 had that team of been playing in the league this year we would have finished about 7th. But we took time to rebuild, i think that's a promising sign from the board. As for Manchester City, well they went from a good player in De Jong to, oh well we could do with someone better to Javi Garcia then to saying well actually that Fernando looks even better. I mean we still have John Obi Mikel, I've been wanting him gone for  years but at least we aren't just kicking players out right away. 

Bottom line is I don't think I want to see the day when we sign these players that look very good (worlds best even) when we don't actually need them. Stick to what we have waited for, with what we have got, I think that's what will deliver us titles, we go out spending like that so will all the others. 

I don't like going out and spending a big lump of cash on a player, not because I think it's immorally wrong I couldn't care less about that, it's just the spotlight. 

Gareth Bale though, I rate him as the 2nd best player in the world, I think he is fantastic, it would be hard to say no but why just tell the likes of Willian and Schurrle to piss off. This isn't going to happen anyway but to actually make a point here, we should just focus on our team and make advancements where needed, not spend on luxury or try to improve on solid players. 

It's good to have a team of players that are comfortable, take it slow like we have been doing over the years. United didn't take it slow, they had one bad season and went crazy. We went from being absolutely fantastic in 2009-2010 to being awful in 2010-2011 had that team of been playing in the league this year we would have finished about 7th. But we took time to rebuild, i think that's a promising sign from the board. As for Manchester City, well they went from a good player in De Jong to, oh well we could do with someone better to Javi Garcia then to saying well actually that Fernando looks even better. I mean we still have John Obi Mikel, I've been wanting him gone for  years but at least we aren't just kicking players out right away. 

Bottom line is I don't think I want to see the day when we sign these players that look very good (worlds best even) when we don't actually need them. Stick to what we have waited for, with what we have got, I think that's what will deliver us titles, we go out spending like that so will all the others. 

You rate Bale ahead of Messi or Ronaldo?

Jesus Christ.

You rate Bale ahead of Messi or Ronaldo?

Jesus Christ.

Now usually, I would tell you why I rate Bale so high, but since I've been through all this before with you lot, I'll just give you a simple answer. 

I wouldn't be so surprised about my ratings when I rate you in the same caliber as Gary Glitter, I can't decide who I actually hate more, I would probably choose to save Glitter. 

I'm fairly sure that is all based on a comment he made about how he could have played for PSG if they had more transfer market ambition. His comment has been taken completely out of context, if anything he was being complimentary to the ambition of Man Utd in comparison.

Guest RFC_CFC

I think most people here would have wanted Balotelli over Remy as a second choice striker.

I know I did.

Glad to be proved wrong though!

He's been brutal for the dippers

Not everyone is right, that still doesn't mean you are, football is an odd game, you don't know the outcome, pointless mocking one over a petty argument a while ago. 

I would rather hold off on my opinion on Gareth Bale to restrain from another long Ronaldo debate, I would rather not. What should it matter if I do rate him so highly, if my opinion is not valid in your eyes it shouldn't even be worthy of quoting to be honest. 

It's not going to make me afraid of having an opinion, some people like what I say some don't, I accept that, just pointing that out for those who have a problem with it. 

• 3 months later...

Okay, this thread has been quiet for a while so let's get unduly excited for the arrival of a player that 99% won't happen.

Two issues - no threat on the right-wing and no-one who can take a shot from distance. He solves both.

Could we once again pick up someone who has been thrown on the Madrid scrapheap by their entitled pricks of fans? He's not the same guy he was, they look to be getting a new manager in and who knows how he fits into their plans?

It won't happen because the price would be extortionate, but we've got a nice bump in our income over the next 5 years, we've got assets we could perhaps move on and there's always room for a marquee signing. He knows the league, he's approaching his prime and it would piss off Spurs no-end.

Of course it won't happen, so what's more fun than imagining that it will?

Okay, this thread has been quiet for a while so let's get unduly excited for the arrival of a player that 99% won't happen.

Two issues - no threat on the right-wing and no-one who can take a shot from distance. He solves both.

Could we once again pick up someone who has been thrown on the Madrid scrapheap by their entitled pricks of fans? He's not the same guy he was, they look to be getting a new manager in and who knows how he fits into their plans?

It won't happen because the price would be extortionate, but we've got a nice bump in our income over the next 5 years, we've got assets we could perhaps move on and there's always room for a marquee signing. He knows the league, he's approaching his prime and it would piss off Spurs no-end.

Of course it won't happen, so what's more fun than imagining that it will?

I think he can be picked up for 50 - 60, its big but not impossible. Do we need more, can we push out enitre transfer kity towards that, or should we be looking at the other ex prem player looking a little disgruntleed in spain