those flags of yours...

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I was just interested in those flags that were so evident last night. I've seen them before for one of your games as well.

I just wondered if it was an initiative from the fans, or whether it was the club who organised it. I know that for our European Cup final in Rome in '77 there were a tonne of red and white checquered flags handed out, but it was done by the fans and i was just interested as to who initiated this?

I dont know whether you've seen the laughable geordies swinging the black and white scarves that the club put on the seats at the home games this season.

The club provided them for the CL games - but the farcical thing is when some fans brought them back for the next Premiership match they were taken off them at the turnstiles!

Well done on your overall result against Barca.

The club provided them for the CL games - but the farcical thing is when some fans brought them back for the next Premiership match they were taken off them at the turnstiles!

Thanks for the well done. Should have won comfortably last night though, which after the United result is a real worry now that we cant beat these teams off when we are on top.

about the flags, what is your opinion on this? I held back initially but i think its a bit pathetic that it takes the club to do this. I like the effect of it, but it appears a bit fake and plastic. I would applaud it loudly if it was a fan initiative, but it is us supporters who should make the stadium look and sound terrific, not the club helping you on the way. Just my thoughts, what are yours?

I don't mind the club doing it - sure I would prefer it to be a supporter initiative but we all know that a large number of the supporters who create atmosphere in football are being priced out of the game and atmospheres are suffering as a consequence - therefore if the club wants to put its hand in its pocket and make an effort to increase the atmosphere then I welcome it.

Small point, but at the Barca match there was 1 flag for every seat - last night it was 1 for every other seat which seemed a bit penny pinching.

BTW - lots of noise and celery from the shed end

Small point, but at the Barca match there was 1 flag for every seat - last night it was 1 for every other seat which seemed a bit penny pinching.

BTW - lots of noise and celery from the shed end

Not quite right mate. I had to knick my flag from a couple of rows back in the Barca game so it wasn't exactly one on every seat, but that was the West Stand so perhaps they reserved the 'every seat' flags for the proper supporters areas?

At the Barca game it was very nearly one per seat, at least in the MHL. I was quite surprised though that quite a lot of people didn't even unfurl their flags, and there were loads left at the end of the game.

I brought 3 home, one on my wall, one on my office wall right opposite a scouser, and one to take to the Bridge each game I get to.

kev

Thanks for the well done. Should have won comfortably last night though, which after the United result is a real worry now that we cant beat these teams off when we are on top.

about the flags, what is your opinion on this? I held back initially but i think its a bit pathetic that it takes the club to do this. I like the effect of it, but it appears a bit fake and plastic. I would applaud it loudly if it was a fan initiative, but it is us supporters who should make the stadium look and sound terrific, not the club helping you on the way. Just my thoughts, what are yours?

The club provided the flags because they meet the health and safety rules whereas many of the fans flags would not. Also i think the Chelsea fans are so fed up with bringing in their flags only to have them confiscated or taken down.

I understand your plastic comment and it annoys me that Chelsea fc had to provide flags to boost the atmosphere but like loz said, many of the atmosphere creating fans have been priced out.