Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

6 minutes ago, Valerie said:

You'd better be right,  because if you don't I know where you live :Connie_threaten: 

Yeah alright, I don't, I just don't want to be disappointed :sadwalk:

Lol, if he stays injury free is the key. If he does it will be beautiful watching him on the pitch.

I found this link about RLC's injuries as I fear his career may end prematurely, hopefully if it does he finds a good role in coaching or something else in the game.

It must be soul destroying having such talent and being out of the game so long, I know from being good at school and getting injures and playing with pain killers with no diagnosis.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ruben-loftus-cheek/verletzungen/spieler/202886

image.png.c1e6dd226b178b3f0792ea91fe0fcf3d.png

32 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

I found this link about RLC's injuries as I fear his career may end prematurely, hopefully if it does he finds a good role in coaching or something else in the game.

It must be soul destroying having such talent and being out of the game so long, I know from being good at school and getting injures and playing with pain killers with no diagnosis.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ruben-loftus-cheek/verletzungen/spieler/202886

image.png.c1e6dd226b178b3f0792ea91fe0fcf3d.png

I think his Achilles injury was quite fluky, and both muscle strains could be chalked up to poor workload management or subpar physios with Palace.  Really hope his career won’t end early, but at this point I’m not extremely worried yet.

On 01/12/2019 at 16:54, axman2526 said:

We have to be patient with both as they get their match fitness up.

Rudiger is not Terry or Desially but he will improve us. I dont expect he on his own can make our defence great though.

RLC on the other hand is a truly special talent. Now Hazard is gone I would say, when fit, he is our very best talent. Big statement I know and many will say surely Kante is. Not a knock on Kante he is brilliant, RLC is just such a rolls Royce of a player. Beautiful to watch him in full motion.

RLC is good, but special? yet to be convinced on that, nothing I've seen tells me he's a truly special player, like Rudiger and others, players seem to get better when they are not playing, reputations can get enhanced as fans miss players and forget about their faults and think their return will fix issues in the team. Don't get me wrong Rudi and RLC are definately missed and I can't wait for their return 

Edited by chi blue

6 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

I think his Achilles injury was quite fluky, and both muscle strains could be chalked up to poor workload management or subpar physios with Palace.  Really hope his career won’t end early, but at this point I’m not extremely worried yet.

They could yet he also has an ongoing back situation he has to manage carefully even without the major injuries above.

It suggests another older injury I suspect from a younger time.

23 hours ago, DisposeOfDeadwood said:

Can't see him getting a look in when Kante, Jorginho and Kovacic are all starting and firing on all cylinders.

But I do see RLC as an obvious and massive upgrade on Mount though.

Depending on the gameplan and formation, he could be huge for us, so glad to see him nearly back!

I can though it may be from the bench, he offers something different so always likely to be used when normal tactics or combinations fail.

23 hours ago, DisposeOfDeadwood said:

Can't see him getting a look in when Kante, Jorginho and Kovacic are all starting and firing on all cylinders.

But I do see RLC as an obvious and massive upgrade on Mount though.

Depending on the gameplan and formation, he could be huge for us, so glad to see him nearly back!

Kante, Jorgingo and Kovacic will most likely play together against tougher oppositions however against majority of the teams I think those 3 will be rotating for 2 of the midfield spots and the final spot will most likely be alternated between RLC and Mount.

Kante, Jorg and Kova dont have the goal threat needed from midfield against weaker oppositions

Lampard confirms Loftus-Cheek is very far from returning, won't be back until 2020.

Lampard on Loftus-Cheek: “He’s had a few setbacks in the last few months.” Adds there’s still no timeframe for his return #cfc

Ouch. 

Edited by JM7

3 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

With our heated pitches I really do not see an issue with him coming back in the Winter assuming he recovers in time.

Heated pitches will not stop a calf pull/hamstring. 

On 04/12/2019 at 10:19, Imran_CFC said:

Kante, Jorgingo and Kovacic will most likely play together against tougher oppositions however against majority of the teams I think those 3 will be rotating for 2 of the midfield spots and the final spot will most likely be alternated between RLC and Mount.

Kante, Jorg and Kova dont have the goal threat needed from midfield against weaker oppositions

You not seen Kante in the past year? Haha he's a goal machine these days!!

I do agree with what you're saying though, RLC is needed for the goal threat without a doubt

4 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

I still get annoyed and feel really sorry for Loftus-Cheek and his injury. With the way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't return until next season. I gotta admit, I think I would be incredibly bitter if I lost a season of my career in a game I should never have played in. 

The game should still have been played, it was for a good cause but NEVER in those conditions.

4 hours ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

The game should still have been played, it was for a good cause but NEVER in those conditions.

Roman Abramovich should never have arranged a game at that time of the season. Playing a friendly 2 days after we just finished our league season and before a cup final was incredibly stupid. I can't see why it couldn't have been arranged to be played before the current season started.

I still think that with a good formation and decent players around him there is no reason why RLC still can't play up top if needed. I see similar attributes with the ball at his feet as Giroud  and i think he would become more deadly in front of goal the more confidence he gets there. Maybe not his first position but if Giroud were to leave i certainly think RLC could perform that role as back up to Tammy.

• 2 weeks later...

On 07/12/2019 at 03:16, Scott Harris said:

Roman Abramovich should never have arranged a game at that time of the season. Playing a friendly 2 days after we just finished our league season and before a cup final was incredibly stupid. I can't see why it couldn't have been arranged to be played before the current season started.

The part I agree on is the pitch, the freindly however was needed. Two and a half weeks is too long to go without a competitive match before a final, infact I think the fact we played a prep match was the reason we were much sharper than Arsenal in the second half.

9 hours ago, Argo said:

The part I agree on is the pitch, the freindly however was needed. Two and a half weeks is too long to go without a competitive match before a final, infact I think the fact we played a prep match was the reason we were much sharper than Arsenal in the second half.

Its something that many people ignore simply because a player got injured, but playing that game was definitely the right thing to do as you say. We are slow starters at the best of times last season, imagine we hadnt played a game for nearly 3 weeks before a final, we would have been Glacially slow.