Jump to content


Zola

Ruben Loftus-Cheek


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, charierre said:

Intensity, without this in your game Ruben you will never make a top class player. Poor tonight for England.

Yep, needs a bit more drive, luckily for him he does have a lot of technical skills, very skilful with the ball but I think off the ball he has a weakness particularly defensively, he's far too static. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

Yep, needs a bit more drive, luckily for him he does have a lot of technical skills, very skilful with the ball but I think off the ball he has a weakness particularly defensively, he's far too static. 

The same has been said many times since Jose mentioned it about 2 or 3 years ago. What surprises me is that he doesn't seem to take it on board. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Osgood is Good said:

The same has been said many times since Jose mentioned it about 2 or 3 years ago. What surprises me is that he doesn't seem to take it on board. 

He's too lethargic for the team, there has been 2 games where Kovacic hasn't done enough with the ball, but that didn't stop him from making runs all game. He's not even match fit yet and he never stops. 

 

Edited by Slojo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately i agree with the previous statements, without out being detrimental is he ' a bit slow in the head ' if you know what i mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All pretty much been said above. To be fair, he's probably a bit rusty having not had a great deal of game time. But you would still expect more from a lad in his situation, knowing he has a lot to prove if he wants to impress both his international and club coach. But he just coasts through games. Does what he thinks is enough but it isn't enough. Few times last night I saw him play a forward pass and then just stay where he was. It's as if his brain is not telling him to then press forward and look for the ball again - he just kind of switches off and that's no good at the top level.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep waiting for him to have a break out game. Putting in a big performance to go with the hype... 

Seems like every time he plays, he doesn't play badly but doesn't really do anything to stand out either. If he didn't play for Chelsea we probably wouldn't give him a second glance. 

Echoed by others, would love for him to have a breakout season and establish himself in the team/squad but as it stands I can't see him getting much playing time ahead of Kovacic or Barkley and I can see him leaving, possibly in January on loan. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Nibs said:

All pretty much been said above. To be fair, he's probably a bit rusty having not had a great deal of game time. But you would still expect more from a lad in his situation, knowing he has a lot to prove if he wants to impress both his international and club coach. But he just coasts through games. Does what he thinks is enough but it isn't enough. Few times last night I saw him play a forward pass and then just stay where he was. It's as if his brain is not telling him to then press forward and look for the ball again - he just kind of switches off and that's no good at the top level.

 

First, I didn't see yesterday's game. Tournaments apart, I'm on strike from international football. I hate international breaks so I won't give them any gate money, or be part of a TV audience whose attention they can sell to broadcasters and sponsors.

Ruben has been doing this since he was a youth team player. I've been talking about this trait of his since 12/13. I was asked my opinion of his Chelsea prospects back then. I said he'd be lucky even to get a game below Premier League level if he didn't buck up his ideas and learn to affect the game more. I said he needed a big kick up the backside or he'd have no chance at top level. Well, he must have had that kick over and over again but it's not sinking in.

Rubes is only getting caps because Southgate really likes him as a result of their time together in age group internationals. I'm sure the England manager is hoping the lad can unlock his talent more often but under any other Three Lions boss it's unlikely our man would be in the squad. I'm afraid I think time is beginning to run out for Ruben so I'm glad he's stayed with Chelsea. Glad because Sari hit the nail on the head when he said, "Technically good, tactically bad."

Hopefully Ruben will get some tough love over the next three months and hopefully those three months will change his career. He must impact games more to hold a place in his current role, or perhaps he should change positions in exactly the same way Moussa Dembele has at Spurs. That role might suit his do something then stand around M.O. If he doesn't find a solution Ruben will end up sliding down the leagues to find his level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Slojo said:

Yep, needs a bit more drive, luckily for him he does have a lot of technical skills, very skilful with the ball but I think off the ball he has a weakness particularly defensively, he's far too static. 

I didn't see the game so I accept what you say about his defensive work last night but, in the past, I've usually found myself defending Ruben on that score. My point has always been that he does his work when we're out of possession; it's when we have the ball that he's lazy. Lazy is probably not quite the word I'd use though because I don't think it's laziness. I think I'd call it inactive.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are being honest with yourselves, you'd admit that he would have had the same support as Bakayoko if he wasn't English. Big expectations, great physiques and just as ineffective as timoue flavoured with laziness and don't give a sh*t attitude. If they ask Sarri again about RLC starting or getting more minutes, they journalist should throw their diplomas right in the garbage disposal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Giordano_Bruno said:

If you are being honest with yourselves, you'd admit that he would have had the same support as Bakayoko if he wasn't English. Big expectations, great physiques and just as ineffective as timoue flavoured with laziness and don't give a sh*t attitude. If they ask Sarri again about RLC starting or getting more minutes, they journalist should throw their diplomas right in the garbage disposal. 

RLC is bursting with talent, Bakayoko can't even control the ball. There clearly is a difference between the two. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

RLC is bursting with talent, Bakayoko can't even control the ball. There clearly is a difference between the two. 

In an odd way he reminds me of Zaha when he got his big move to Utd a few years back, clearly talented etc but just doesnt show it when it matters then  goes back to Palace and looks a worldy... I hope that RLC gets his head right and just tries stuff even if it doesnt work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nibs said:

At least Zaha had at Palace stamped his authority on games and lived up to hype. Alas, up to now, RLC just hasn't cut the mustard and you have to start to wonder whether he ever will.

 

I think that could be the problem big fish small pond syndrome... RLC looked a better player at Palace too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I keep waiting for him to have a break out game. Putting in a big performance to go with the hype...

He sort of did, against Germany that one time. It was a stellar performance from him. Unfortunately I haven't seen him play as well since.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Amputechture said:

He sort of did, against Germany that one time. It was a stellar performance from him. Unfortunately I haven't seen him play as well since.

I didn't see that game, don't tend to watch any international football. 

If Southgate hadn't of worked with RLC with the under 21's I wonder if he would still be getting called up? 

Southgate works on the idea of calling up players based on form rather than reputation so on that basis shouldn't Barkley have been called up ahead of RLC for these last couple of games? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Giordano_Bruno said:

Yeah, forgot to mention about the talent, nobody has ever seen. 

Yeah nobody has ever seen it except for all the Chelsea youth team coaches, England youth team coaches, Chelsea first team coaches, Palace first team coaches, England mens team coaches etc. 

But what do they know, Giordano_Bruno from The Shed End forum says he's sh*t. 

Lets just forget his man of the match performance on his debut for his country, that never happened. All his games for Palace never happened. His early performances for Chelsea never happened either. 

He must have one bloody good agent to be playing for England and Chelsea without showing any talent, makes me wonder how i never made it pro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

He must have one bloody good agent to be playing for England and Chelsea without showing any talent, makes me wonder how i never made it pro.

No man, England just hasn't had good player for awhile and they exagerate their assessments when someone mediocre like RLC shows up for the first time.

Forget about the youth teams, tell me one quality you do see in him that would quialify him as talent. Speed, strength, stamina, dribble, shooting, finishing, covering spaces, assists, crosses, set pieces.. just one, please. 

More than 99% never make it to the first teams. this is pure argument. Hope you will find something better. 

Edited by Giordano_Bruno

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Yeah nobody has ever seen it except for all the Chelsea youth team coaches, England youth team coaches, Chelsea first team coaches, Palace first team coaches, England mens team coaches etc. 

But what do they know, Giordano_Bruno from The Shed End forum says he's sh*t. 

Lets just forget his man of the match performance on his debut for his country, that never happened. All his games for Palace never happened. His early performances for Chelsea never happened either. 

He must have one bloody good agent to be playing for England and Chelsea without showing any talent, makes me wonder how i never made it pro.

What early performances for Chelsea?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...