Zola

Ruben Loftus-Cheek

2 hours ago, Nickcook26 said:

I wonder if Kevin De Bruyne or Salah ever produced magic in training?

Surely Mourinho must have noticed we had quality players in training?

I'm afraid to say this proves players do need minutes to show they can be amazing...training isn't enough...

I don't think it's black and white. I said "exaggerated" not "wrong".

Also "magic" can mean different things to different managers. To Mourinho magic - is being 6 foot 5, 14 stone, and tracking back a lot. 

Also De Bruyne reportedly had some major attitude issues and Salah's last season will be his only impressive one in his career. He'd had plenty of minutes during many seasons before Chelsea and after Chelsea without showing anything spectacular. Literally no one saw last year coming.

5 hours ago, Nickcook26 said:

I wonder if Kevin De Bruyne or Salah ever produced magic in training?

Surely Mourinho must have noticed we had quality players in training?

I'm afraid to say this proves players do need minutes to show they can be amazing...training isn't enough...

If we keep players out of some misguided fear they will do a KDB, that would be 10000000000000x more damaging than selling KDB could ever be.

10 hours ago, Argo said:

If we keep players out of some misguided fear they will do a KDB, that would be 10000000000000x more damaging than selling KDB could ever be.

It's already happening as you speak.

21 hours ago, Nickcook26 said:

I wonder if Salah ever produced anything magical in training or on the pitch for any club in his entire career other than a purple patch last season?

1 hour ago, yorkleyblue said:

I wonder if Salah ever produced anything magical in training or on the pitch for any club in his entire career other than a purple patch last season?

I think 19 goals in 41 appearances for Roma in 16/17 was a great return. Nearly 1 goal every 2 games.

44 goals in 52 appearances last season is nothing short of outstanding.

Probably a little early to be writing Salah off this season but he still has 3 goals to his name (would still be our joint second highest goalscorer this season).

We can only hope he doesn't ever reach the numbers of last season again but can't rule it out.

Edited by Nickcook26

Like I said, one exceptional season.  Maybe an OK-ish season foe Roma - I don't know what the opposition was like or what the rest of the Roma team was like.  Quote some stats for when he was with us, why he went on loan, what he has done  before and after that.

It's  way too easy to get carried away with someone having a good season.  Where is Frannie Jeffers now?

Edited by yorkleyblue

We're overstocked in midfield and there's limited minutes for a few of the players.

Barkely, Fabregas, Loftus-Cheek are fighting it out for a place on the bench most weeks not forgetting that Drinkwater is still here too. 

Loftus-Cheek isn't offering us unique. Fabregas is a better passer of the ball than him, Barkely offers a bigger threat going forward. RLC is sort of a jack of all trades, master of none midfielder at the moment. 

I like RLC, would like to see him succeed at Chelsea but I just don't see where he fits in at the moment. If he did leave it's only going to be to a mid table or lower table club which I think speaks volumes for the level he's at, at the moment. 

2 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

We're overstocked in midfield and there's limited minutes for a few of the players.

Barkely, Fabregas, Loftus-Cheek are fighting it out for a place on the bench most weeks not forgetting that Drinkwater is still here too. 

Loftus-Cheek isn't offering us unique. Fabregas is a better passer of the ball than him, Barkely offers a bigger threat going forward. RLC is sort of a jack of all trades, master of none midfielder at the moment. 

I like RLC, would like to see him succeed at Chelsea but I just don't see where he fits in at the moment. If he did leave it's only going to be to a mid table or lower table club which I think speaks volumes for the level he's at, at the moment. 

Barkley first, RLC 2nd then Cesc and last is stinkwater

4 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

You can forget because he isn't going to play.

I would be happy for RLC to be sold to Palace.

A good player yet not talented enough in any one position to command a place in the first team yet at Palace he can play regularly at a high level.

No brainer for me, sell and bank the money and invest elsewhere and that way the player is happy and the club look good bringing through a youth to the top level.

We all know he is injury prone yet if another club is willing to buy knowing that, get the deal done.

Edited by Strider6003

23 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

A good player yet not talented enough in any one position to command a place in the first team yet at Palace he can play regularly at a high level.

No brainer for me, sell and bank the money and invest elsewhere and that way the player is happy and the club look good bringing through a youth to the top level.

We all know he is injury prone yet if another club is willing to buy knowing that, get the deal done.

What about Arsenal? 

Well done Ruben. You can do no more...

Unfortunately still can't see Sarri giving him a fair chance (not just Europa League and League Cup)

I still can't see him staying at Chelsea unfortunately.

Sarri will stick by his favourites (Kovacic/Jorginho/Kante)

On 17/10/2018 at 14:04, Strider6003 said:

A good player yet not talented enough in any one position to command a place in the first team yet 

Nope. 

Weak opposition, but I have to admit that RLC couldn't have done any more to stake his claim for a place in the first XI. 

His finishing was impressive, especially his third from range. A couple of other notes:

1) All of finishes were in or near the corner.

2) He anticipated both the cross for the first goal and the corner for the second goal. 

Before, I couldn't really understand why a few posters here (and Conte) were thinking of using him as a striker because he was not exactly prolific and from what I had seen before his finishing wasn't notable, but now I can understand. Early days though. 

Edited by DaRick

Amazing performance from the lad, hopefully keeps this up.

really quite crazy to think that our midfield has gone from being pretty awful last year, to now one of the best in the entire world with the likes of Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic, Barkley and RLC. 

Keeping these 5 in healthy rotation will be key for us. Now if we could only focus our next transger window into more attacking options, particular in the form of a striker or right winger, we will most certainly be sorted