Ruben Loftus-Cheek

11 hours ago, Jackbuchanan said:

I think the biggest issue here is the likelihood of Morata getting to 25 goals. We have goals coming from Hazard, Willian, Barkley, Alonso etc. Its our CF's that are lacking.

What goals from Willian & Alonso? 2 and 1  goal in 10 games isn’t really enough goals. Martial who has been marginalised has 4 in 7 games.

This keeps coming up everywhere - striker thread, Morata thread, etc: "where oh where will the goals come from?".

We are joint 2nd for goals scored. They seem to be coming from somewhere. And the benefit of not being over-reliant for goals on a couple of players is aptly demonstrated by the fact that both Liverpool and Spurs have score fewer goals. A player's form dips a bit - and suddenly the whole team is f**ked. We may be (potentially) over-reliant on Hazard for general creativity, but specifically goals are nicely spread around.

Which is not to say that I wouldn't like a striker who converts more chances. :) But we are doing alright overall. 

RLC has made things very interesting, booming with confidence very proud of him. 

I hope he shuts me right up I really do, if he can bring this to his game particularly from playing in the midfield 3 he definitely has a future here, I want to see him play more, also loving Barkley lately, aren't we lucky boys. 

54 minutes ago, Slojo said:

RLC has made things very interesting, booming with confidence very proud of him. 

I hope he shuts me right up I really do, if he can bring this to his game particularly from playing in the midfield 3 he definitely has a future here, I want to see him play more, also loving Barkley lately, aren't we lucky boys. 

We shouldn't get too carried away by their recent performances but it's very exciting to see them both showing such promise for the future. Really ompressed by Barkley's physical condition. His body looks like its made of wood. The guy must have worked his backside off so it's great to see him turning his career around playing better than he's ever done! I honestly thought he was a player in serious decline and going the same way as Jack Rodwell's career went.

Edited by Dixon

Very similar situation to the one Barkley was in. Both very talented players who ran around like headless chickens and their off-the-ball work left much to be desired. With Barkley I've seen a big difference compared to the start of the season and now. Hopefully Ruben follows suit.

I see the BBC are running another article about how RLC (and now Mount) need to leave to save their careers.

How about they carry on as they are? If they work hard enough and have the ability they will get their chance and take it. Then they'll be at a club where they will at least be in with a shout of winning a trophy or two. Or they could just panic and play regularly for a Watford or Palace.

Why is it exclusive to Chelsea that youth talent has to move? How are City's or United's youth players doing? Are their first elevens brimming with home grown youth prospects? I've not seen an article on how it's imperative that Foden leaves City. Seemingly not playing for Pep is a good career move.

sh*t stirring press as ever.

1 minute ago, Snedger said:

I see the BBC are running another article about how RLC (and now Mount) need to leave to save their careers.

How about they carry on as they are? If they work hard enough and have the ability they will get their chance and take it. Then they'll be at a club where they will at least be in with a shout of winning a trophy or two. Or they could just panic and play regularly for a Watford or Palace.

Why is it exclusive to Chelsea that youth talent has to move? How are City's or United's youth players doing? Are their first elevens brimming with home grown youth prospects? I've not seen an article on how it's imperative that Foden leaves City. Seemingly not playing for Pep is a good career move.

Interesting, footy365 made the point recently about Solanke. Leaves Chelsea for Liverpool and gets just one sub appearance and the comment was so much for moving clubs nothing changes.

As an outsider I found the Rashford situation interesting as even though he was playing for England he wasn't holding down a position and when he came on rarely delivered. Recently again he is getting game time though whether this is due to media pressure I'm not sure.

I quite like Loftus-Cheek in this new, wide midfield role. He is an extreme mismatch against every fullback in the world; he's an outlet for the keeper, crosses that reaches "his" back post and 1v1-situations. Equally, the positition hides his biggest deficiency; that his stamina plummets like a rock in water around the hour mark. I wouldn't be opposed to Loftus-Cheek being given an opportunity to make the right "wing" position his own as the season progresses.

5 minutes ago, Snedger said:

Jamie Redknapp was running with the same sh*t last night. It may have skipped their minds that he has now played significant minutes the last three games and shown up well. As long as he continues with his improvement he will get to play regularly. 

Jimmy Floyd mentioned his fitness and clearly this is an area he needs to improve on. He has a big frame to move around the pitch and probably will struggle throughout his career to put in a full 90.

3 minutes ago, opinionsarelike said:

I quite like Loftus-Cheek in this new, wide midfield role. He is an extreme mismatch against every fullback in the world; he's an outlet for the keeper, crosses that reaches "his" back post and 1v1-situations. Equally, the positition hides his biggest deficiency; that his stamina plummets like a rock in water around the hour mark. I wouldn't be opposed to Loftus-Cheek being given an opportunity to make the right "wing" position his own as the season progresses.

He offers something else and can also cover the MF positions if someone else if injured. Seeing how we currently have a lot of cover in MF I think the wide right offers an opportunity for when others are off-form or perhaps he might even become first choice.  I think with playing on four fronts he will get a decent amount of time this season and then in the Summer he will need to make a decision to stay or go.

If Loftus Cheek went on loan, we'd need to get another midfielder in otherwise our squad would be weaker. We aren't giving Loftus Cheek 'charity' minutes, he's actually playing and doing well. 

I'd like to ask these pundits who they think Chelsea should get to replace RLC and why RLC should be happy settling for playing at a mid table side just so he can break into an England squad - where he won't start because Barkley, Alli and Lingard are playing at a higher level.

I always thought RLC needed a break out game similar to the one Rashford had against Arsenal where he grabbed a couple of goals, it seems like the hat trick against Bate has done him a world of good & is the confidence booster he needed. He looks as though he belongs in the team and he is not simply there to make up numbers any more and is actually contributing a great deal more, he has arguably been our best player over the last 3 games. 

Yeah thought RLC played really well against Derby. Some really nice touches and looked threatening every time he got the ball. Loved them driving runs. 

Seems Sarri has finally got RLC going after Jose and Conte failed with him. Let’s hope he keeps it up. 

2 hours ago, JM7 said:

Seems Sarri has finally got RLC going after Jose and Conte failed with him. Let’s hope he keeps it up. 

Well a manager who has stayed he likes to work with and improve the players at his disposal always has a better chance than a chequebook manager. 

36 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Im still trying to get my head around this signing.

No idea. 

We let Chalobah leave because he wanted to play more minutes which was fair enough but we let him go for peanuts. 

We let Matic go to United because... *shrugs* we just don't mind selling to rival clubs. 

So we bought in Bakayoko off the back of one season, rather than putting our faith in Chalobah despite their similar ages. Sent RLC out on loan rather than giving him an honest chance. 

Bought Drinkwater as a weird sort of contingency in case Bakayoko didn't work out? I dunno, not sure I can explain it either. 

Maybe the worst summer transfer window of the Roman era? 

25 minutes ago, Nibs said:

...............complete waste of time - up there with Steve Sidwell.

Probably worse because at least Sidwell was on a free. 

Sidwell was that weird summer when they refused to give Jose any money so we just bought in a bunch of bossman transfers instead and ended up with Pizzaro, Sidwell and Ben Haim who I believe all left the following year?