Zola

Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Is he injured at the moment? Any ideas the nature of his injury? 

Seems odd that players linked with January departures are suddenly picking up injuries ruling them out of selection just before the transfer window opens.

I think we’ve missed Ruben in the last couple of matches, he helps stretch things when introduced for the last twenty minutes.

“We need those clever movements in behind even though they are deep, you know, one of those diagonal balls over the top you see Barcelona do a lot. So we need to work on that, really.

“And it’s just about having patience as well, because it’s so frustrating at times when you’re trying to play through and they got bodies behind the ball, you know, there are ricochets and you can’t get that space to open them up. So I think we need to get used to it, because we’re playing well at times so teams are going to come here and do that, and away as well.”

-Ruben Loftus Cheek; source: Chelsea TV

RLC future Chelsea manager? :biggrin:

He’s struggled with back injuries for a a few years now.

Must be a long standing (no pun intended) issue for him. Can’t imagine back problems are easy to resolve.

Hopefully he’s not out for too long. 

Quite frustrating these injuries. I have no doubt he'd be a cemented first team player without them

Obviously pundits still think he should leave. As they conveniently forget his Injury record when looking at his appearances 

I read a while back that he had back problems in his mid to late teens, which meant he didn't play as many games as he could have. It's just flared up at terrible time for him, just as he was starting to establish himself as a starter. He probably needs a few weeks rest. 

Real shame, hopefully it's something he will grow out of.

Thats a shame, i see him as the strongest of the trio filling that third spot in midfield. Just hope this injury doesnt mean that he misses his opportunity to establish himself as a consistent starter.

Very big shame but hopefully he can get as quickly as possible. The best thing Ruben did was improve, that's what he had to show, that he had a purpose. He was impressive on his loan but it still wasn't enough, he had to show that he is worth the hype and he has done exactly that. There's no way he doesn't have a lot of potentials. 

There's no reason why we can't play him and CHO more this season, with all the underperforming players we have already and small depth, we can easily get away with playing more youngsters. 

RLC will always likely be a bit part player like Ramsay for Arsenal, as he is injury prone. 

Certainly want to see more of CHO down the right to see if he can deliver those crosses against EPL teams.

Posted (edited)
On 05/01/2019 at 19:33, ForeverCarefree said:

He’s struggled with back injuries for a a few years now.

Must be a long standing (no pun intended) issue for him. Can’t imagine back problems are easy to resolve.

Hopefully he’s not out for too long. 

I remember Terry having a few back problems in his mid 20's for us. He eventually got over it but it was something that used to force him out for a few weeks every so often.

Edited by Scott Harris

6 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I remember Terry having a few back problems in his mid 20's for us. He eventually got over it but it was something that used to force him out for a few weeks every so often.

Agree about Terry though not him having injuries as young as RLC.

Apparently RLC is likely to miss the whole of January with his back injury. 

With Cesc off too suddenly our midfield is looking a bit depleted and with games every 3/4 days for most of the month having options is going to be important. 

Suddenly, from the depths of Cobham... A savoir emerges.

Image result for danny drinkwater

3 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Apparently RLC is likely to miss the whole of January with his back injury. 

With Cesc off too suddenly our midfield is looking a bit depleted and with games every 3/4 days for most of the month having options is going to be important. 

Suddenly, from the depths of Cobham... A savoir emerges.

Image result for danny drinkwater

I'm sure Ampadu looked nothing like that on Saturday?!!

After a really positive month or so, the last few games he's returned to the frustrating performances that had me underwhelmed by his return in the first place.

It's looking like he can have a long term future here as a squad player, but i remain unconvinced he can nail down either a CM or winger position.

14 hours ago, Argo said:

After a really positive month or so, the last few games he's returned to the frustrating performances that had me underwhelmed by his return in the first place.

It's looking like he can have a long term future here as a squad player, but i remain unconvinced he can nail down either a CM or winger position.

Its almost as if he's been carrying an injury recently... 

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Its almost as if he's been carrying an injury recently... 

That seems to be the problem, there is a player in there imho but to bring it out consistently he needs to raise his intensity - but when he does he get's injured. There seems to be a recurring pattern.

Edited by the special one