Jump to content


Zola

Ruben Loftus-Cheek


Recommended Posts

Why were we playing first team starters in this match?! There are fringe players desperate for minutes and we get arguably one of our best players injured before a cup final.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Looks like we just lost one of our best players in a pointless friendly before our cup final.

Well done Sarri for not just giving guys like James and Gallagher minutes today instead of resting someone with injury problems in his past.

This one isn't on Sarri mate.

He openly opposed the fixture, but had no choice but to participate.

I am sure the board didn't pick the team, but I am also sure Sarri was obliged to give a certain number of big names a run out.

With hindsight it's easy to say this person or that person should have been fully rested, but an injury to any player expected to start the final would have been greeted with the same response.

It was a insanely stupid fixture to arrange prior to the biggest game of the season, and that's on the club not Sarri.

The potential positives (staying fresh and sharp) were always going to be greatly outweighed by the potential negatives (injury to key players) and we have come a cropper, bigtime. It's not Sarri's fault though, and to try and pin blame on him is just a bit odd really...

Edited by mclovin83

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gutted for RLC. What an opportunity missed for him. Do wonder whether his injury record is going to have a constant and spoiling effect on his entire career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gutted for Ruben if he misses the final. 

His performances recently and throughout the Europa meant he had likely earned himself a start. 

Massive shame that it looks like he misses out on playing in his first final. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gutted for Ruben.

Just when his Chelsea & England career was taking off.

Just hope he isn't out for too long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unconfirmed reports now surfacing that RLC could be out for a year.

This ridiculous fixture may potentially contribute heavily to us losing us the biggest game of the season, and have a major negative impact on next season as well.

Embarrassing for the club to say the least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jackbuchanan said:

Why were we playing first team starters in this match?! There are fringe players desperate for minutes and we get arguably one of our best players injured before a cup final.

Because we were playing in USA in front of our American fans, as well as Roman being there present. I imagine Roman wanted to see a strong side played.

He set this all up, so hardly gonna take the piss and play a weak side. The pitch was supposedly poor though, right? These things happen.

It could have happened to any player, but unfortunately it happened to Ruben. We certainly didn't need this game though. I mean anti-semitism and racism is not just gonna stop because of a friendly match. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mclovin83 said:

Unconfirmed reports now surfacing that RLC could be out for a year.

This ridiculous fixture may potentially contribute heavily to us losing us the biggest game of the season, and have a major negative impact on next season as well.

Embarrassing for the club to say the least.

It makes me so angry, seriously. This, on top of all of the other stupid decisions the club has made in recent years has pushed me over the edge. I'm furious about this, absolutely nothing can convince me that this club is being run how a football club should be anymore, we are a joke. Far too many business people are involved in the club and not enough football people, they need to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

It makes me so angry, seriously. This, on top of all of the other stupid decisions the club has made in recent years has pushed me over the edge. I'm furious about this, absolutely nothing can convince me that this club is being run how a football club should be anymore, we are a joke. Far too many business people are involved in the club and not enough football people, they need to go.

Agreed. The club have shot themselves in the foot with this one, and it's painful for all involved, especially the fans.

Football was not the reason we were playing this ridiculous fixture, but ultimately it is the factor that will now pay the price.

As I say, the club should rightfully be highly embarrassed this morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

It makes me so angry, seriously. This, on top of all of the other stupid decisions the club has made in recent years has pushed me over the edge. I'm furious about this, absolutely nothing can convince me that this club is being run how a football club should be anymore, we are a joke. Far too many business people are involved in the club and not enough football people, they need to go.

I can understand the sentiment behind it, but couldn't this match have been played during pre-season? Makes no sense to do it at this point in the season when the players could use a rest until the final of a European trophy.

However, if no player had come away with an injury, I wonder if we would be annoyed. It would likely have been a nice 3-0 win to set us up for the final. Again though, it could have been played before the season started tbh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy sh*t OUT FOR 1 YEAR??

As angry as I am about Ruben missing the final vs Arsenal I was expecting something like this to happen so not too surprised. 

But for f**ks sake if this is a serious injury and he's out for the entire season next season then this has been a colossal f**k up. Such a bright future ahead of him set back by 1 year due to poor management. 

Praying to god that it's just 3-6 months out nothing more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This fixture is one of our greatest own goals in recent memory. 

Ultimate face palm moment if Ruben is out injured for the final. 

Edit: Simon Johnson from the Standard (reliable) suggesting that the early mail is that he ruptured his achilles same as CHO. 

Edited by Spiller86

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

alonso after the game said they fear it's achilles. this is mental realy. and f**k you all here blaming sarri. it's the board you morons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, enigma said:

I can understand the sentiment behind it, but couldn't this match have been played during pre-season? Makes no sense to do it at this point in the season when the players could use a rest until the final of a European trophy.

However, if no player had come away with an injury, I wonder if we would be annoyed. It would likely have been a nice 3-0 win to set us up for the final. Again though, it could have been played before the season started tbh. 

I would have been, I even said in the thread about this match that it was a bad idea and that it was adding an extra injury risk. 

No other club does this, I don't see Liverpool, Tottenham or Arsenal playing a friendly before a major European cup final. What club would? only a club run by idiots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What f**king joke. 

Really gutted for RLC, sounds like he wont be back until 2020. 

Really need this ban suspened becuase next season is looking pretty grim at the moment.

Roman has to take the blame for this one, it is a game he pushed hard for, and im sure he wouldve been applying pressure to make the big name players are involved. I hope he shows as much commitment in the transfer market, as he has to this charity event. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We just can't win, can we? 

We finally manage to integrate two exciting academy products into our first team and then they both go and get injured for several months.

Horrible for Ruben, a European final would have been been a brilliant culmination and a reflection on what has been a fantastic season for him personally. I hope it's not as bad as it initially looks.

Horrible for us too, all of a sudden our entire goalscoring threat from midfield has disappeared...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From reading the reports about this this morning, my understanding is that the injury hasn't even been properly diagnosed yet and it will be examined properly when he gets back to London. At this point, anybody claiming to know how long he will be out for is talking bolIocks.

I understand this is frustrating and the timing of the match was not very sensible, but some of you really need to get a grip, maybe even some councelling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, big blue said:

What f**king joke. 

Really gutted for RLC, sounds like he wont be back until 2020. 

Really need this ban suspened becuase next season is looking pretty grim at the moment.

Roman has to take the blame for this one, it is a game he pushed hard for, and im sure he wouldve been applying pressure to make the big name players are involved. I hope he shows as much commitment in the transfer market, as he has to this charity event. 

Imagine being the player to pick up a potentially career changing injury in a friendly just before a major cup final. It's frustrating enough picking up an injury on the training field or in an important game before a cup final, but to get it in an ill timed friendly must be sickening. If I was him, I would be so pissed at the club right now. They have been telling him all season that he can't play every game because of a back issue, and then we play him in this game of all games which ends up giving him a much worse injury.

I just can't get my head around the utter stupidity of it all. I'm sure the board members and Roman Abramovich would have known this game was a major injury risk, of course they would know, you would have to be an idiot to not see that, but the fact is that they just didn't care. For me, this is where the issue lies with our club these days, it's business before football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Gutted for Loftus and also fuming like everyone else!  I just pray it's not  a bad injury and he's able to play at the start of next season.                                                     The football gods do seem to have it in for Chelsea atm.

Edited by Dixons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...