Ruben Loftus-Cheek

3 hours ago, Munkworth said:

I blame anti-semitism and all those w**ker fans who just can’t resist singing certain songs. If it wasn’t for that we wouldn’t have been over there. 

I mean to be fair the only fans you really hear sing things that are derogatory to Jews are the spuds themselves and they never get in bother.

A handful of Chelsea fans sing it to insult Tottenham fans rather than Jewish people I would think, and I wish they would just stop so there wouldn’t be mention of this issue, let’s be fair Jewish presence in top flight football is extremely limited as far as players and staff, the only club associated with Jews are the spuds, even then the fans are majority non Jewish, in contrast look what black players face its far far more prevelant.. 

Ironically the term they are trying to stamp out derived from y*ddish and y*ddish people are European not Semitic, another poorly understood term that’s thrown around. 

Edited by WalterWhiteCFC

4 minutes ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

I mean to be fair the only fans you really hear sing things that are derogatory to Jews are the spuds themselves.

Sorry but that’s a load of bollocks. I go home and away and constantly hear it from our fans. Its not as bad as f**kwits like Dan Levene make out but it’s there.

Our owner has personally pick this because it’s a subject close to his own heart. Instead of bitching about the club doing something positive for a change how about we get behind the man who brought us so much success of the years?

1 hour ago, Munkworth said:

Sorry but that’s a load of bollocks. I go home and away and constantly hear it from our fans. Its not as bad as f**kwits like Dan Levene make out but it’s there.

Our owner has personally pick this because it’s a subject close to his own heart. Instead of bitching about the club doing something positive for a change how about we get behind the man who brought us so much success of the years?

Do you hear large groups singing it or a handful as I said? You said you constantly hear it do you mean 2 times a year when we play Tottenham or are they saying it in other matches too?

I have heard it at Tottenham games more so when I was a kid but not at other games.

The whole point wasn’t to get into a dispute I just don’t feel antisemitism is something that is a widespread thing in football, like give me an example other than Tottenham who’s self impose the nickname on themselves which isn’t even Semitic?  

Nothing near the way racial abuse to black players is, couple it with the timing and injury to a key player it just doesn’t add up so no I won’t get behind the owner on this decision,  I don’t think many fans would if you read this thread, other fan pages and Chelsea official social media comments. 

2 hours ago, DaRick said:

I can't fathom why you'd risk an injury-prone player on a poor pitch with no stakes?

I assume (well, hope anyway) that Sarri did it under duress. 

I doubt he did it under duess, during the season in some games, including early Europa games he will bring Hazard etc, on when there is no need with 15 mins  to go. I've a feeling it's just another in a long line of sh*t management decisions by our coach. The player who we potentially build the team around next season, whose form end of season helped us reach top 4 and Europa final and this clown brings him on in a friendly with a final two weeks away, you couldn't make this bloke up.

9 hours ago, just said:

I don't believe there is a single major decision taken at the club without Roman's say so. The board are just puppets. 

I cant believe anyone can think its any other way than this, hes quite obviously a massive control freak so why on earth would he hand over control of his club to others? 

8 hours ago, Munkworth said:

I do my fair share of away days and the only time i hear anti-semitism is when we are signing songs about our rivals. 

Also, as previously mentioned i really don't see how a glorified friendly is going to do absolutely anything to stop Phil from Fulham calling someone a Y*d at the next game. Money can't solve an issue such as racism. 

11 hours ago, 1905 said:

We have done pretty well with injuries these past years in comparison to sick note clubs such as FC Woolwich Wanderers, however all of a sudden we are having issues. Surely this must have something to do with training and everything that goes on around it. We were one of the best teams for keeping our squad fit.

Or it could be that you have one young player who is still developing his body and another who is injury prone with a back issue, the former would be one of the reasons you dont overplay a young player the latter will carry himself differently in order to manage the back issue both can increase the chances of tendons going.

Unfortunately the reality is (IMO) mostly luck, we have been very lucky with injuries recently, and to be fair still are to a certain extent, compared to other teams. The sort of flurry of injuries we have had are all the type where they can just "go" no warning no impact just pop.  

22 minutes ago, Valerie said:

There is a world outside football, people, where antisemitism is alarmingly on the rise. The purpose of ths match was  to raise awareness, not solve it or bring world peace, as someone not so wittily posted.

I sincerely doubt the sole reason was to raise awareness of an issue most people never encounter themselves. Even if it was the sole intention, I feel it's naive to think a needless friendly football match played on the other side of the world will make a blind bit of long-term difference to raising awareness.  Nor do I believe it was the sole reason. I think a marketing and commercial consideration was heavily involved.

Roman out.

Edited by just

24 minutes ago, Valerie said:

There is a world outside football, people, where antisemitism is alarmingly on the rise. The purpose of ths match was  to raise awareness, not solve it or bring world peace, as someone not so wittily posted.

Fantastic, go sign autographs in an area heavily affected by antisemitism. Plaster it all over Stamford Bridge for everyone to see. Roman can donate a butt-tonne of money towards helping. 

A friendly in the US at 1am for UK viewers on a dog sh*t pitch isn't helping the cause. This was an excuse to further our commercial presence in the US and nothing more. 

Edited by RIP Mourinho

Absolutely gutted. On the verge of becoming a Chelsea and England legend and one of the best midfielders in Europe and this happens.

Hopefully he recovers quickly and is back in action in October/November.

Sarri cant be blamed for this - it's just rotten luck. Maybe if Ruben had put his back out again you could blame Sarri as it was a known injury. This injury seemed to happen because of a poor pitch and could have happened to anyone.

Im actually very shocked 2 of our youngsters picked up these very same injuries. Usually you get this type later on in your career, not at such early ages. Its extremely rare for youngsters to get this, let alone 2 in the same club. Are we doping these youngsters? Steroids usually have this effect because the achilles tendon cant keep up with the mass of muscle gained. Tendons take a very long time to get strong whereas muscle it is much faster. 

Just food for thought. 

3 hours ago, just said:

I sincerely doubt the sole reason was to raise awareness of an issue most people never encounter themselves. Even if it was the sole intention, I feel it's naive to think a needless friendly football match played on the other side of the world will make a blind bit of long-term difference to raising awareness.  Nor do I believe it was the sole reason. I think a marketing and commercial consideration was heavily involved.

Exactly this.

It appears to me that it was as much about PR and brand promotion as it was about "raining awareness"

I am not really sure what it has achieved, but I am certain that the same could easily have been achieved from various other methods that didn't involve dragging the squad to a different continent and playing a match on a sub-standard pitch injuring one of our players in the process.

3 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Fantastic, go sign autographs in an area heavily affected by antisemitism. Plaster it all over Stamford Bridge for everyone to see. Roman can donate a butt-tonne of money towards helping. 

A friendly in the US at 1am for UK viewers on a dog sh*t pitch isn't helping the cause. This was an excuse to further our commercial presence in the US and nothing more. 

I disagree. It was intended to kiss the ass of both Israel and USA. Roman now has an Insraeli visa. USA and Israel relations are extremely close. I feel this was a way to show loyalty to both these countries from Roman. To prove he is supportive and appreciative for giving him the VISA when England denied him. 

I don't think it's that complicated as some are making out. Both Kraft (owner of NER) and Abramovic are of Jewish decent and the match raised 4 million dollars for organisations tackling antisemitism around the world. They came up with the idea together in November following an attack at a synagogue in Pittsburgh that killed 11 people. Clearly this is a cause that Abramovic and Kraft both have a personal interest in. We've also had a lot of bad press following alleged antisemitic and racist incidents that Abramovic wants to distance his club from.

I've no idea why they scheduled the match for when they did, for me that's the only questionable thing about this.

12 minutes ago, bluedave said:

I don't think it's that complicated as some are making out. Both Kraft (owner of NER) and Abramovic are of Jewish decent and the match raised 4 million dollars for organisations tackling antisemitism around the world. They came up with the idea together in November following an attack at a synagogue in Pittsburgh that killed 11 people. Clearly this is a cause that Abramovic and Kraft both have a personal interest in. We've also had a lot of bad press following alleged antisemitic and racist incidents that Abramovic wants to distance his club from.

I've no idea why they scheduled the match for when they did, for me that's the only questionable thing about this.

They have PERSONAL interest in it. That's fine, donate the £4m themselves personally. Pocket change for them. Keep the valuable assets safe and not having to risk them on sh*t pitches weeks before a European final.

58 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Reports now coming out saying he will be out for at least a year. F*ck off Bruce Buck or whoever organised the friendly. Pathetic.

Now we’ll have to replace him and we don’t even know if he will come back the same player.

Link? I know an achilles injury is certainly a long-term one, so I wouldn't be shocked if those reports turn out to be true. Obviously depends on how bad the damage was.

7 hours ago, just said:

Roman out.

7 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

When people don't encounter anti-semitism (or racism, or homophobia, or misogyny), they especially must be made aware that it exists, so they realise that some other people are abused and discriminated against. Recognising it happens is important. Who knows, they might challenge bigoted people, instead of just hearing in the news about synagogue shootings (as recently happened in San Diego and Pittsburgh, to take the USA as example), and then just go about their every day business.

Several people here called out that WalterWhite chap as misogynistic, and quite rightly too. Twenty years ago most people wouldn't have recognised his remark as offensive towards women (or one woman), but today we've been made more aware, due to more attention being paid to how women are treated in society. I can only hope that all kinds of bigoted remarks get similarly criticised everywhere.

The complaint about the match being at 1am UK time is not exactly seeing the bigger picture, is it, but is very football oriented, if not self centred. This is what I meant with my remark that there is a world outside of football.

1 hour ago, dansubrosa said:

Reports now coming out saying he will be out for at least a year. F*ck off Bruce Buck or whoever organised the friendly. Pathetic.

Now we’ll have to replace him and we don’t even know if he will come back the same player.

I think that's just bad reporting. Achilles injuries take a year maximum. I'd be surprised if he isn't back in the fold by January. 

Still very very long though. 

1 hour ago, dansubrosa said:

I think that's just bad reporting. Achilles injuries take a year maximum. I'd be surprised if he isn't back in the fold by January. 

Still very very long though. 

32 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Link? I know an achilles injury is certainly a long-term one, so I wouldn't be shocked if those reports turn out to be true. Obviously depends on how bad the damage was.

Here you go: Ruben Loftus Cheek undergoes successful surgery

They must have forgotten to mention the part about him being out for a year. As if they would have any idea at this stage.