Jump to content


Zola

Ruben Loftus-Cheek


Recommended Posts

People really need to stop believing the dreadful sh*te the media report, they won't know Jack sh*t 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Valerie said:

 

When people don't encounter anti-semitism (or racism, or homophobia, or misogyny), they especially must be made aware that it exists, so they realise that some other people are abused and discriminated against. Recognising it happens is important. Who knows, they might challenge bigoted people, instead of just hearing in the news about synagogue shootings (as recently happened in San Diego and Pittsburgh, to take the USA as example), and then just go about their every day business.

Several people here called out that WalterWhite chap as misogynistic, and quite rightly too. Twenty years ago most people wouldn't have recognised his remark as offensive towards women (or one woman), but today we've been made more aware, due to more attention being paid to how women are treated in society. I can only hope that all kinds of bigoted remarks get similarly criticised everywhere.

The complaint about the match being at 1am UK time is not exactly seeing the bigger picture, is it, but is very football oriented, if not self centred. This is what I meant with my remark that there is a world outside of football.

 

There's a world out side of football, so don't use the football team you use to do your preaching. The point is first and foremost we are a FOOTBALL TEAM. They have enough business and money to pursue this cause and not risk players before a European final. Christ, get the players to just fly and go sign autographs or something, do some kick ups with some kids, a press conference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hazard STAY said:

Im actually very shocked 2 of our youngsters picked up these very same injuries. Usually you get this type later on in your career, not at such early ages. Its extremely rare for youngsters to get this, let alone 2 in the same club. Are we doping these youngsters? Steroids usually have this effect because the achilles tendon cant keep up with the mass of muscle gained. Tendons take a very long time to get strong whereas muscle it is much faster. 

 

Just food for thought. 

You know what you’re totally correct, I was talking about this with a friend of mine who played semi pro and was actually trained as a scout with Chelsea and he said that’s odd, normally older players get this, very rare in players that age. 

From my understanding it’s  more of an accumulative Injury and this might sound a bit out there but if you’ve felt one of these new hybrid pitches, which ours is and most big clubs now it seems to be firmer than natural turf not sure of this plays in.

What you said about doping definitely not there’s is no way the club would risk it at this level or the players, however maybe there is more of an emphasis on weight training to cope with the physicality of our league and as you rightly said muscle develops far faster than the tendons and ligaments do in being able to cope with load. 

In all cases I think there has to be an external factor as for 1 young player it’s rare but for 2 at the same club from the same system, no something is not right, odds of that are in the millions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Valerie said:

 

When people don't encounter anti-semitism (or racism, or homophobia, or misogyny), they especially must be made aware that it exists, so they realise that some other people are abused and discriminated against. Recognising it happens is important. Who knows, they might challenge bigoted people, instead of just hearing in the news about synagogue shootings (as recently happened in San Diego and Pittsburgh, to take the USA as example), and then just go about their every day business.

Several people here called out that WalterWhite chap as misogynistic, and quite rightly too. Twenty years ago most people wouldn't have recognised his remark as offensive towards women (or one woman), but today we've been made more aware, due to more attention being paid to how women are treated in society. I can only hope that all kinds of bigoted remarks get similarly criticised everywhere.

The complaint about the match being at 1am UK time is not exactly seeing the bigger picture, is it, but is very football oriented, if not self centred. This is what I meant with my remark that there is a world outside of football.

 

Well here is the thing Valerie I agree with calling out racism and oppression however the trouble is when it becomes such an agenda people look for it in places it doesnt exist like was done in my case.

There are the ignorant bigots on one side and the hyper extreme social justice warriors on the other, as with all things there’s a balance and that’s where healthy minded people should reside not pick up on things they perceive are offensive and go full scale with accusations before even questioning in a civilised way what was meant by a statement, shame on those who did that and in so belittle their own position as being liberal, acting under the true definition of bigoted, which again most people won’t look up before using. 

In addition it is rather ironic and hypocritical that Roman is so against discrimination for his causes that he would jeopardise our players and a final yet perused citizenship in a county that literally partake in genoocide, and supports right wing Zionism but we won’t get into that, whole other topic.

As someone rightly said there are other and better ways to stop racism than some random game played on a pitch that more resembled a crazy golf surface, with exhausted players right before a European final, that in football terms was very very poor by who ever was responsible.

Although I think anyone with a platform should try an inact some positive change primaraly we are a football club and we as fans are football fans, causes outside of football that negatively impact football will more often than not be met with resistance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Whether or not the timing was right for this charity match was not the point I was trying to get across. Rather it was whether a match is helping to raise awareness that anti-semitism exists, and is rearing its ugly head more and more, with deadly results.

As a renowned football club, with players and staff from all walks of life, Chelsea FC do not perform in a bubble, and cannot hold up its hands and say We just play football. Football can be a powerful platform, and I support the club in using that platform to make a stand against hatred and bigotry. It's not THE tool against it, but one of the many ways to wake people up.

And you should read up on the meaning of genocide and while you're at it, misogyny.

Edited by Valerie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

You know what you’re totally correct, I was talking about this with a friend of mine who played semi pro and was actually trained as a scout with Chelsea and he said that’s odd, normally older players get this, very rare in players that age. 

From my understanding it’s  more of an accumulative Injury and this might sound a bit out there but if you’ve felt one of these new hybrid pitches, which ours is and most big clubs now it seems to be firmer than natural turf not sure of this plays in.

What you said about doping definitely not there’s is no way the club would risk it at this level or the players, however maybe there is more of an emphasis on weight training to cope with the physicality of our league and as you rightly said muscle develops far faster than the tendons and ligaments do in being able to cope with load. 

In all cases I think there has to be an external factor as for 1 young player it’s rare but for 2 at the same club from the same system, no something is not right, odds of that are in the millions. 

I ruptured my Achilles when I was 14 playing for my school footy team. Went up for a header and landed awkwardly and my ankle caved in hard. I’ll never forget the popping sound. It can happen at any age if you land awkwardly. Luckily, I was back jogging around the block after only 3 months and playing footy again after 4-5. Nothing competitive though.

I can imagine Achilles tears being more common amongst older people due to the fact that they usually carry a bit more weight which puts added pressure on the achilles. 

In Ruben’s case, I’ve read in a few articles where he’s mentioned that he doesn’t even touch weights because he doesn’t want to bulk up. He spends the time doing yoga instead for improved flexibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DannyVblue said:

I ruptured my Achilles when I was 14 playing for my school footy team. Went up for a header and landed awkwardly and my ankle caved in hard. I’ll never forget the popping sound. It can happen at any age if you land awkwardly. Luckily, I was back jogging around the block after only 3 months and playing footy again after 4-5. Nothing competitive though.

I can imagine Achilles tears being more common amongst older people due to the fact that they usually carry a bit more weight which puts added pressure on the achilles. 

In Ruben’s case, I’ve read in a few articles where he’s mentioned that he doesn’t even touch weights because he doesn’t want to bulk up. He spends the time doing yoga instead for improved flexibility.

Yea that’s true I’ve seen that as well on an interview with Rudi he said Ruben doesn’t lift weights, just seems odd two young players getting that injury, it’s so frustrating because he has already been held back with his back and has so much potential, hopefully it’s as you said and not long term. Was it as good as before the injury once you healed up? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

Yea that’s true I’ve seen that as well on an interview with Rudi he said Ruben doesn’t lift weights, just seems odd two young players getting that injury, it’s so frustrating because he has already been held back with his back and has so much potential, hopefully it’s as you said and not long term. Was it as good as before the injury once you healed up? 

Yeah such a shame! I’m lucky that I’ve not had a problem with my ankle since and I’m 33 now. It’s not something that I even think about, seemed as good as new after about a year of getting injured. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, mojo said:

 

 

Confused, yeah, he's probably confused why he was playing a friendly at such a stupid time of the season in the first place. 

I really wish I could find a way to stop reminding myself of this because it really pisses me off every time I think about it. I just can't think of a single reason why Loftus-Cheek of all players would be risked after everything that has happened to him in his career so far. Picks up injuries easily, and we play him in a friendly, thousands of miles from home, on a sh*t pitch, less than 4 days after the final game of the Premier League season and 13 days before the Europa League final. I don't care what anybody says, that is beyond stupid. One of the most ridiculous decisions the club has made in my time as a fan.

Edited by Scott Harris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a thought was it not reported a while back to RLC needed to be managed properly in order to avoid surgery on his back problem, since he's out for so long now wouldn't it make sense "if needed" to have surgery on his back also?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So by the sounds of it he's on course for a full return about Christmas.

Probably the best result we could have hoped for under the circumstances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think you can realistically say he’s on course for a return after 6/12 months or whatever at this stage. He’s only just had the surgery and it will take a while until they know how well he’s recovering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

High risk of re-injury from this though, for a lad that is susceptible to injury anyway. We need to start thinking about possible alternatives, for the short to medium term and possibly beyond.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, WhiteWall said:

High risk of re-injury from this though, for a lad that is susceptible to injury anyway. We need to start thinking about possible alternatives, for the short to medium term and possibly beyond.

Bakayoko is returning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

As far as alternatives go, this is bottom of the barrel.

Given his last season, it might not be as bad as you think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ENygma said:

Given his last season, it might not be as bad as you think

It will. Playing in a slow paced league like Serie A suits Bakayoko, but once he starts playing in the Premier League again, he will struggle. He can't handle the pace of the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

It will. Playing in a slow paced league like Serie A suits Bakayoko, but once he starts playing in the Premier League again, he will struggle. He can't handle the pace of the league.

He definitely is the type of player who does better when he has more time to make decisions.  I found it funny how his brother came across like he would come back here and play in the CL.  I think he'll be lucky to make the bench.  Rumors of Sevilla wanting him on loan now anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

He definitely is the type of player who does better when he has more time to make decisions.  I found it funny how his brother came across like he would come back here and play in the CL.  I think he'll be lucky to make the bench.  Rumors of Sevilla wanting him on loan now anyways.

He doesn't think fast enough, and he doesn't play fast enough.  He looked lost and shell shocked when he played for us.

I read this morning that he said it's his "dream" to play for PSG.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Boston Blue said:

He doesn't think fast enough, and he doesn't play fast enough.  He looked lost and shell shocked when he played for us.

I read this morning that he said it's his "dream" to play for PSG.  

It's too bad, really.  Physically, he would be perfect for the PL.  Even if he could just recycle the ball consistently and not make stupid, reckless challenges, he'd be able to serve a purpose for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

It's too bad, really.  Physically, he would be perfect for the PL.  Even if he could just recycle the ball consistently and not make stupid, reckless challenges, he'd be able to serve a purpose for us.

Agreed.  All I remember is the look of bewilderment on his face when he lost the ball.  

I really did feel sorry for him.  He mad some horrible errors.  And he showed up here really excited to be with Chelsea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Boston Blue said:

Agreed.  All I remember is the look of bewilderment on his face when he lost the ball.  

I really did feel sorry for him.  He mad some horrible errors.  And he showed up here really excited to be with Chelsea.

For sure, he did.

The odds right now are more in favor of RLC staying healthy vs Bakayoko being a viable contributor.  And RLC staying healthy is a toss up, in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...