Jump to content

Ruben Loftus-Cheek


Zola
 Share

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, coco said:

He was proving to be a valuable first team player under Sarri, his performances were getting better and better each game, on the arc he was on, he would have improved even more this season. I dont think anyone is expecting him to come back and be our saviour, but if he could manage to get back to where he left off and continue on that arc of improvement, who knows. he certainly could become World class, especially under a player who was World class in the same position.

Unfortunately we can’t ignore his injury history coco. He’s 24 in a couple of weeks and so far has only managed 70 senior appearances between Chelsea and Palace. Compare this to Mount who has almost that number and a lot more if you include Vitesse at 3 years younger. 
In full flow there is no better player to watch in Chelsea blue. I’d love to see him in a long injury free run with us but unfortunately I can see huge frustrations ahead as he gets back into the team for a few weeks only to be back on injury list once again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


On 03/01/2020 at 23:07, goose said:

Unfortunately we can’t ignore his injury history coco. He’s 24 in a couple of weeks and so far has only managed 70 senior appearances between Chelsea and Palace. Compare this to Mount who has almost that number and a lot more if you include Vitesse at 3 years younger. 
In full flow there is no better player to watch in Chelsea blue. I’d love to see him in a long injury free run with us but unfortunately I can see huge frustrations ahead as he gets back into the team for a few weeks only to be back on injury list once again.

That is what I think too and think unfortunately for us he will retire early from the game as more injuries occur.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking at his injury record it's not that bad, he's been injury free until he was on loan at Palace where he had 2 minor injuries and an ankle injury that put him out for 3 months, this is a big injury but the first of its kind for him.
The reason why he's played so little at nearly 24 is yes because of the recent injuries but also because he was stuck here on the bench for years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


29 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

Looking at his injury record it's not that bad, he's been injury free until he was on loan at Palace where he had 2 minor injuries and an ankle injury that put him out for 3 months, this is a big injury but the first of its kind for him.
The reason why he's played so little at nearly 24 is yes because of the recent injuries but also because he was stuck here on the bench for years.

I thought he had a chronic back condition that pre-dates his spell at CP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Backbiter said:

I thought he had a chronic back condition that pre-dates his spell at CP.

I forgot about that, I just googled his injury record and only one site has a database on injuries. Seem to remember him not being risked a few times due to back issues but that didn't directly put him out like the ankle and calf injuries unless they are somehow linked. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


24 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Yeah in what’s basically an over 50s walking football league... 

The point is despite regular injuries a player can still etch out a good career and win a lot of silverware. You could name loads of players that have had regular injuries, but still had successful careers. Essien, J.Cole, Robben, Duff, just to name a few. I dont remember any of them retiring early, just that they were brilliant successful players.

A career ending injury is something else all together, it's not something you can predict, they just happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, coco said:

The point is despite regular injuries a player can still etch out a good career and win a lot of silverware. You could name loads of players that have had regular injuries, but still had successful careers. Essien, J.Cole, Robben, Duff, just to name a few. I dont remember any of them retiring early, just that they were brilliant successful players.

A career ending injury is something else all together, it's not something you can predict, they just happen.

I don't recall Joey being too injury prone Coco? Solid little player and like Hazard seemed to take the knocks but stay pretty fit until that bad injury against Southend in 2009, which he never really fully recovered from.

Duffer was never the same after that shoulder injury but Robben had a great career after he seemed to have glass legs when he was with us. Just hope RLC can put the injuries behind him but we all know backs can be hard to treat and it could go either way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


16 hours ago, Nibs said:

I don't recall Joey being too injury prone Coco? Solid little player and like Hazard seemed to take the knocks but stay pretty fit until that bad injury against Southend in 2009, which he never really fully recovered from.

Joe had two major injuries.

He had a stress fracture in his foot during the 2006/2007 season which resulted in him missing a few months of the season.

As you mentioned, he ruptured his ACL in early 2009.

Edited by Jezz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Jezz said:

Joe had two major injuries.

He had a stress fracture in his foot during the 2006/2007 season which resulted in him missing a few months of the season.

As you mentioned, he ruptured his ACL in early 2009.

Blimey, call myself a Joey Cole fan and I can't recall the foot injury! 

Will always be one of my all-times favourite CFC players, along with Wee Pat, Eidur, Zola and Hazard.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, bluedave said:

Sounds like we'd be lucky to get a month or two out of him before the end of the season. That's still preferable to no RLC at all though, and should give us a nice boost for the end of season run in.

Have we got any stupid post season friendlies he could play in? Maybe even one on the worlds dodgiest pitch?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!