Zola

Ruben Loftus-Cheek

I honestly believe had RLC been fit this whole campaign not only would we be second now and not struggling to break bog standard teams down, but Hazards abscense would be far less noticeable too.

Edited by axman2526

48 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

I honestly believe had RLC been fit this whole campaign not only would we be second now and not struggling to break bog standard teams down, but Hazards abscense would be far less noticeable too.

Agree. He was the big reason for our turn around in form last spring. We've missed him more than we've realised. 

Fantastic to see him back. He is probably going to need a mini preseason now, maybe some games behind closed doors, and in a months time, i hope is available for selection.

He might not get back to his levels until nect season, but i think he will still pop up with a few goals. With reece James puttting in so many good deliveries, RLC arriving late into the box from that left centre midfield area, i think it will be a major improvement, and his presence could also draw a centre back away from tammy. 

3 hours ago, Amputechture said:

My favorite player to watch at the moment. Would probably be considered one of the best midfielders in the world if not for his injury record IMO.

Think you mis-phrased that unless you are watching the club training and agree but for his injuries he would be recognised as one of the better midfielders in the EPL.

3 hours ago, Amputechture said:

My favorite player to watch at the moment. Would probably be considered one of the best midfielders in the world if not for his injury record IMO.

This is a bit premature isn't it. Don't get me wrong i like RLC as well and hope he can maintain fitness, which he is yet to do for a full season. However he has only just really got to a position where he is a first team starter here, so best in the world might be a bit early. That said he was starting to establish himself as an importangt component in the team before his injury and hopefully he can get back to the same quality as soon as possible,

48 minutes ago, Amputechture said:

Just a little reminder of how influential he could be for us in the long-term.

Couldn't find a clip of his performance against Bournemouth on youtube but kept digging and finally got it.

https://streamable.com/7i1u8

Shown more in that one game clip than some players season highlights.

Dont care if he has not played for the reserves and is hobbling about on one leg. We need him to start against United. This is the man who can take on Hazards mantle for us. Our home made Rolls Royce.

Our next captain after Dave.

Edited by axman2526

6 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Dont care if he has not played for the reserves and is hobbling about on one leg. We need him to start against United. This is the man who can take on Hazards mantle for us. Our home made Rolls Royce.

That would be incredibly stupid. Loftus-Cheek is nowhere near ready for a game like that.

Rushing him back risks him getting another injury, which is something that has already plagued his career. How would playing him now help us? he wouldn't improve our performances in his current condition. He hasn't played a game of football in nearly 9 months.

The only game I can see him starting in any time soon is F.A cup 5th round game.

7 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Do you really think rushing back a young player with a history of bad injuries is a good idea? As Scott says he needs nursed back in, 20 minutes here and there to begin with. 

It's going to incredibly interesting to see how he looks after he comes back.

His achilles was shredded to the point where it looked like a horses tail. And he's had several set-backs during recovery. His calves halved in size as well so it was a horrifying injury.

For this season i think we should be happy enough if he gets back to playing. Even a littlebit here and there.
I certainly am not expecting more. His injury is one that could easily derail careers but we all need to hope he makes it back to his best.