Ruben Loftus-Cheek

41 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

Good luck at Fulham, hope they pick it up or it’ll be a very tricky season for him, at least he’ll be a star in that team and play frequently I guess. 

Yup and we’ll also see if he ever gets back to his best. Fingers crossed we will have him coming back next season feeling like we’ve signed a superstar.

4 hours ago, SimonH said:

On a side note, he really on £150k a week that sky sports keep banging on about? 

Salary numbers in the media are always speculation. The only people who know how much players actually earn are the club, the player, the players agent, and HMRC. 

5 hours ago, kiwi1691 said:

Salary numbers in the media are always speculation. The only people who know how much players actually earn are the club, the player, the players agent, and HMRC. 

And their mam....

Edited by dkw

With the emergence of Mount and signing of Havertz it's hard to see where RLC fits into our future plans. 

He's a good talent for sure but the stream of injury have really hampered his development. He's going to be 25 going into next season and likely sees himself behind at least two other players younger than him. 

Starting to look like his future may lie away from Stamford Bridge sadly. 

36 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

With the emergence of Mount and signing of Havertz it's hard to see where RLC fits into our future plans. 

He's a good talent for sure but the stream of injury have really hampered his development. He's going to be 25 going into next season and likely sees himself behind at least two other players younger than him. 

Starting to look like his future may lie away from Stamford Bridge sadly. 

And you have Barkley currently playing better than him.

46 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

And you have Barkley currently playing better than him.

Who also wasn't deemed worth keeping around this season. 

The recruitment this summer is going to have bigger repercussions to the squad than are currently evident I think.

We aren't done with recruitment either, I'm convinced we'll be making a move for Rice next summer. 

We will, and have to, move on 2/3 midfielders to give Lampard a manageable squad size.  

I hope he gets game time under Scotty Parker.  I think the club would rather keep him than Barkley, and we may look to sell Barkley for a profit next summer.  I feel this is a make or break deal for Ruben, if he goes to Fulham and aggravates his injury again, then I fear that will be the final straw for him having a future here.

Hmm, Ruben and Barkley gone? I think this is a great opportunity for Ruben to get himself back to his potential and fully match fit. But I have to say we are pretty slim in depth now aren't we? There's bound to be a heavy fixture congestion on top of it. 

We're going to be fine I think. I would have preferred Barkley to stay but we still have Mount and Havertz for the number 10 position and Ziyech can also play there. Anjorin could also go up to get the odd game.

As for the number 6/8 positions: We're a bit light there, especially with Gilmour being out for a while still, but Havertz and Mount could play as 8s if needed. Reece James also has some experience in midfield from his Wigan days and Christensen also used to play as a number 6 sometimes in Pre Season and for Denmark.

I completely understand sending RLC out on loan but Barkley has really baffled me, he would have been handy to keep as a squad player for a season before we sell him.

So, we have Mount and Havertz to play in attacking midfield role but who else is there? Kovacic?

We've currently got 6 midfielders in the squad to play 2 or 3 positions (4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3) so we're pretty well covered even with RLC and Barkley being sent out on loan.

Kante ; Kovacic ; Jorginho ; Havertz ; Mount ; Gilmour

Out on loan: Ampadu ; RLC, Barkley ; Gallagher

Of the 4 on loan, I think Gallagher is the most likely to make it at Stamford Bridge. RLC looks to have missed the boat due to his injuries.

I'm surprised Anjorin hasn't gone out on loan this season. Maybe a Championship loan is still on the cards for him ?

2 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

I completely understand sending RLC out on loan but Barkley has really baffled me, he would have been handy to keep as a squad player for a season before we sell him.

So, we have Mount and Havertz to play in attacking midfield role but who else is there? Kovacic?

He is good enough to play in the starting lineup but he can't play when we got Kai and Mason that much anyway so this loan is what he really needed, Barkley I mean.

We don't need more than those 2, Kante can also play all around and Kovacic and Jorginho are deeper so we have a great depth.

• 2 weeks later...

He looks much more comfortable in a low pressure situation he is now with Fulham. It looks likely he has a pretty free role in midfield. He doesn't really track back and make recoveries but he positions well. He is quite fast runner. I think he is in a right track here. Still some way to find his form. 

Put MOTD on this morning whilst having my tea & toast.

Watched Fulham v Palace and completely forgot RLC was playing for Fulham. Only realised when he was subbed during the second half. He's probably still trying to gain match-fitness but at the moment, if Fulham are looking for a savior who is going to save them from relegation, I don't think it is going to be RLC.   

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2020/10/26/21534574/loftus-cheek-sees-future-at-chelsea-hoping-to-regain-form-confidence-at-fulham

Interview with Loftus-Cheek (link to the The Sun article within the link). The most interesting part is that apparently Ruben asked for the loan himself so ensure himself consistent game time.

On playing at Crystal Palace:

“I had a lot of experience in the Premier League, and obviously that kick-started my international career.

“Hopefully Fulham can do the same thing, after being out for so long with injury, regain that same feel for the game. This is why I have come here.

“Those games were crucial for me. If I don’t go to Palace, I don’t make the England team.”

On Roy Hodgson:

“He is a fantastic coach. I really enjoyed playing under Roy.

“As a manager he says things how they are and I needed that at that moment. I learned a lot.

“Palace defensively are fantastic in that shape, hard to break down and lethal on the counter-attack. So we know what’s coming.”

On speaking to Frank Lampard about going out on loan to Fulham:

“We had an honest conversation. I was the one who initiated it. I felt like it was paramount that I played a lot of football this season.

“With the strength in depth at Chelsea and how I was feeling, I was not sure being out for so long that when I had the opportunity that I could play fantastically and hold down a place in the starting XI.

“I was not 100 per cent I could do that, because I need to build my confidence back up.

“That was basically the theme of the chat. The gaffer agreed on that and things went on from there.”

On his future:

“I still see my future at Chelsea.

“I believe in my ability 100 per cent. This is obviously not a permanent move.

“This is a platform for me to go and express myself and find that form that was showing a couple of seasons ago.

“I believe in my ability, and we will see where that takes me.”

On his future England prospects:

“There is a target there definitely, and that is definitely in the back of my mind.

“But at the forefront is Fulham. I think if I play well with Fulham there is a chance, and that will be a consequence of what I do here.”