Ruben Loftus-Cheek

On 08/11/2020 at 18:54, MayosNoun! said:

CHO clearly has zero faith from the manager. He will be gone as he has been managed poorly. There is a reason there is big interest in him, I just wish the manager could see his potential. 

This is bordering nonsensical. CHO is 20, his time needs to be managed properly. He needs the run of games yes but against the lower level opponents for now to build his confidence back.

If Lamps had lost faith then CHO would have been accompanying the u-18s or shipped out on loan to some random Italian or Dutch team.

I reiterate the lad is 20. Have some perspective.

I hate to be that guy but for me Ruben is done at the top level. He needs to be sold to a Bournemouth with a buyback clause. 

He needs to be somewhere where he can get consistent playing time and build back from scratch. He has to find a new way of playing because he can't jog all over the pitch and expect to be a Premier League player

5 hours ago, JM7 said:

Problem with RLC is that he hasn’t ever really taken his chances apart from that one spell under Sarri. 

CHO tries a little harder but compared Mount, James and Glimour who really have excelled 

You've forgotten Tammy 🙂 Maybe even Christensen counts. But Mount and James are the cream.

4 hours ago, Deino said:

This is bordering nonsensical. CHO is 20, his time needs to be managed properly. He needs the run of games yes but against the lower level opponents for now to build his confidence back.

If Lamps had lost faith then CHO would have been accompanying the u-18s or shipped out on loan to some random Italian or Dutch team.

I reiterate the lad is 20. Have some perspective.

Yes, because playing pretty much the rest of the squad in his position before him is great for his confidence. His confidence is at rock bottom because he gets overlooked game after game. Ffs, Tammy finished the game in his position the last game. 

Moan about perspective then say he needs games? We were up 4-1 and there was no chance we were losing yet finished with Tammy at LW instead of bringing on CHO. 

We ain’t played Mount at LM/LW/LCAM, to the point Mount was getting slated at n social media. Not only was this detrimental to Mount, again it was restricting CHO. 

It is obvious Lampard does not like CHO and he won’t make it here. 

4 hours ago, Deino said:

I hate to be that guy but for me Ruben is done at the top level. He needs to be sold to a Bournemouth with a buyback clause. 

He needs to be somewhere where he can get consistent playing time and build back from scratch. He has to find a new way of playing because he can't jog all over the pitch and expect to be a Premier League player

I would also add a sell on clause in the unlikely event he fulfils any potential but I’m with you, he’s done at Chelsea for me. I’m sick of waiting on this potential to break through. 

6 hours ago, MayosNoun! said:

Yes, because playing pretty much the rest of the squad in his position before him is great for his confidence. His confidence is at rock bottom because he gets overlooked game after game. Ffs, Tammy finished the game in his position the last game. 

Moan about perspective then say he needs games? We were up 4-1 and there was no chance we were losing yet finished with Tammy at LW instead of bringing on CHO. 

We ain’t played Mount at LM/LW/LCAM, to the point Mount was getting slated at n social media. Not only was this detrimental to Mount, again it was restricting CHO. 

Unless you are CHO himself or his family, how do you know what he feels or are you privy to his personal life? 

How do you even know who Lampard likes or dislikes? 

Only Frank knows what is going on in training and how he wants to finish games. Maybe it's a case of CHO not performing well in training? 

Again, the lad is 20. I don't know why there is a need to push every 20 year old on the pitch every time they show a glimpse of talent. We did that to Ruben and he kept getting injured so much that now we're not even sure if he'll ever make it in football

5 hours ago, Deino said:

Unless you are CHO himself or his family, how do you know what he feels or are you privy to his personal life? 

Only Frank knows what is going on in training and how he wants to finish games. Maybe it's a case of CHO not performing well in training? 

Again, the lad is 20. I don't know why there is a need to push every 20 year old on the pitch every time they show a glimpse of talent. We did that to Ruben and he kept getting injured so much that now we're not even sure if he'll ever make it in football

How do I know that a football will be unhappy about being continuously overlooked? Did you seriously just ask that question?

You keep referring to his age like he has just appeared in the last few weeks. He made his first team debut almost 3 years ago ffs. Gain some knowledge before continuously referring to irrelevant matters. 

6 hours ago, Deino said:

Its always amusing when some random of the internet believes he knows exactly whats going at a football club and in a players mind, or what the manager is thinking. Their projection is often ridiculously naive and wrong, all based on no knowledge or understanding of what happens at a professional football club. Giving an opinion is fine, its what were all here for. Saying it as if its a fact is just ridiculous.

18 hours ago, Deino said:

Buyback clause? If he's sold he isn't getting bought back

Buy back clauses aren't free by the way, they knock millions off the price. 

Also, not sure of you are aware, but Ruben is playing for fulham this season. We would have got a fee for that loan that against the years of the contract is probably higher than what we'd have got if we sold him to a championship club. 

He’s 24 now, if he can’t ever get his form back at Fulham sadly he can’t come back here. This is his last chance and at the moment he can’t even break into first team at Fulham. One of the worst teams in the league.

Let’s hope that Scott Parker gets sacked at some point and then it’s another fresh start for Loftus Cheek.

At the moment it’s looking really grim though.

6 hours ago, MayosNoun! said:

How do I know that a football will be unhappy about being continuously overlooked? Did you seriously just ask that question?

You keep referring to his age like he has just appeared in the last few weeks. He made his first team debut almost 3 years ago ffs. Gain some knowledge before continuously referring to irrelevant matters. 

Of course I did. Who are you to know what people are thinking? You are not part of CHO's closest friends or part of Lampard's coaching team either. Or are you telling people that you can read people's mind through a screen? 

First team debuts are one for the history books and bar trivia. It doesn't matter when someone breaks through to the first team. What matters is are they hungry enough to succeed and can they maintain consistency. 

20 year olds need to be managed properly. They don't need to be having ridiculous expectations heaped onto them, they don't need 300,000 minutes on the pitch. They are also growing and am adjusting to adult bodies arguably at the final stages of growth. Not to mention the fact that the senior level much less the truly top clubs demands the highest levels of output and results which if not managed properly can lead to severe injuries. CHO made his debut since he was 17 then he got several career hampering injuries. 

I'd rather have a truly fit, hungry and consistent CHO at 22 breaking through and able to start week in week out than a mercurial talent at 22 but keeps getting in and out of the treatment room.

The modern games takes a huge toll on a young players body. Just look at Ousmane Dembele, Wilshere or RLC for example. All started in their teens then racked up injuries upon injuries. Now managers can't even depend on them to start consistently much less compete for trophies.

Again, the lad is 20. Let him take his time to grow and let the managers and the coaching staff take care of him. This isn't a De Bruyne situation. 

4 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Buyback clause? If he's sold he isn't getting bought back

Buy back clauses aren't free by the way, they knock millions off the price. 

Also, not sure of you are aware, but Ruben is playing for fulham this season. We would have got a fee for that loan that against the years of the contract is probably higher than what we'd have got if we sold him to a championship club. 

Thanks! I know how buyback clauses work though.

The guy is 24 but he keeps getting niggles and nowadays he can't even break through a struggling Fulham team. What hopes does he have to replace Kovacic, Mount, Havertz and Kante? I'm a huge fan of Ruben under Sarri. But post-injury Ruben is just a terrible footballer. 

I hope he can push on

1 hour ago, dansubrosa said:

He’s 24 now, if he can’t ever get his form back at Fulham sadly he can’t come back here. This is his last chance and at the moment he can’t even break into first team at Fulham. One of the worst teams in the league.

Let’s hope that Scott Parker gets sacked at some point and then it’s another fresh start for Loftus Cheek.

At the moment it’s looking really grim though.

Is that two on the trot he's been benched now? Barkley is looking really good for Villa, too. So he's ahead of him currently (if either are to come back). Wouldn't be surprised to see us cash in on Barkley though; cover for Kante looks like our most pressing need (although, hopefully Gilmour can kick on from last season). 

16 minutes ago, Deino said:

Thanks! I know how buyback clauses work though.

The guy is 24 but he keeps getting niggles and nowadays he can't even break through a struggling Fulham team. What hopes does he have to replace Kovacic, Mount, Havertz and Kante? I'm a huge fan of Ruben under Sarri. But post-injury Ruben is just a terrible footballer. 

I hope he can push on

Then why suggest one? Do you actually think we sell him to a Championship club we end up buying him back?

2 hours ago, Hessleboink said:

Is that two on the trot he's been benched now? Barkley is looking really good for Villa, too. So he's ahead of him currently (if either are to come back). Wouldn't be surprised to see us cash in on Barkley though; cover for Kante looks like our most pressing need (although, hopefully Gilmour can kick on from last season). 

Rumour is Gilmour is back in the squad after the international break.

21 hours ago, MayosNoun! said:

Lampard put Mount there ahead of Pulisic at times aswell, does he not rate him either?

10 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Then why suggest one? Do you actually think we sell him to a Championship club we end up buying him back?

Insurance. Might not be a buyback clause, maybe a first refusal. 

At least we can get him back even if he turns out good again. Even if he turned out like Salah or De Bruyne, we can at least get him back but if he does a McEachran then at least we know that the option is still there.

16 minutes ago, Remodez said:

Ruben would develop better with us than dropping down to mid and lower table team. I would prefer to keep him over Barkley at any rate. 

I wouldn’t. 

Barkley has went to Aston Villa, who have a decent midfield, and worked his ass off to cement his place in the team. 

Ruben cannot get into the Fulham first 11. They have nowhere near the squad, Aston Villa do. He should be first pick at Fulham and he’s been benched. 

It’s all well having ability but you need the attitude too. 

14 minutes ago, MayosNoun! said:

I wouldn’t. 

Barkley has went to Aston Villa, who have a decent midfield, and worked his ass off to cement his place in the team. 

Ruben cannot get into the Fulham first 11. They have nowhere near the squad, Aston Villa do. He should be first pick at Fulham and he’s been benched. 

It’s all well having ability but you need the attitude too. 

We all know Barkley is a good mid table player, that's his level and he will never get any better. Ruben has more potential. I know he's approaching mid 20's and just got back from a injury but an average RLC performance is still better than an average Barkley performance based on both their times here. 

Ruben isn't getting into the squad cause they are relegation candidates and you need to have the players to support Ruben/give him freedom. Not a luxury Fulham can afford, I'm still not sure why he picked Fulham to go to on loan. Someone at the club should have talked some sense into him.