Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Zola

4 minutes ago, mad_mac said:

Saul added, so now even less of a chance to RLC.  Surprised he's not on loan.  Unless TT plans on maybe changing up tactics to a 4-3-3 for some games, I'm not sure he gets much time, sadly

More like too late and nobody wanted him badly enough.

I honestly don't mind RLC staying with us this season or at least till January. It gives Tuchel the chance to fully evaluate him and if he isn't up to it he can be sold in January to resurrect his career because he has been a good servant and we are at fault for his career altering injury with that meaningless POST Season friendly before the Europa league final

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, IliyaKrostin said:

It was interesting to see RLC getting 2 minutes against Zenit. Clearly that substitution was to kill the time and finish the game, but does it mean something to Ruben or just random sub?

It‘s a nice gesture I think. Gives him some visibility, some money and most importantly keeps him ‚in the squad‘ so to say. 

3 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

I liked his performance tonight but he need to force himself back into the team or leave for good. He’s 25, going to be 26 by January, he need to make something out of his career. Wether that’s with us or not.

Hope he is given more opportunities. I love the way he glides with ball, and distribution is very good

I never thought he was suited to the deeper role but in general he didn't do himself any harm against Villa. He doesn't have the passing range or the defensive positioning skills of Jorginho but using his strength and footwork he is as good as Jorginho or Kova in receiving the ball in tight space and getting the team free. He can shoot, and of course he runs with the ball very well. Really its a pretty good package.

On the performance tonight he would be way in front of Saul for me. Not sure about the consistency. Another of Jorginho's attributes is to turn in his best game about 90% of the time he's on the pitch. Reminds of what Grandad used to say about grandma's VW, max speed 60, cruising speed 60, town speed 60.

Was probably my biggest positive from last night. 

Thought he looked really physically strong in possession, was getting his head up and picking out some really good forward passes. 

That deeper midfield role seemed to really suit him. 

Hopefully he gets some more chances but I suspect that regardless Sual will play ahead of him. 

2 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Was probably my biggest positive from last night. 

Thought he looked really physically strong in possession, was getting his head up and picking out some really good forward passes. 

That deeper midfield role seemed to really suit him. 

Hopefully he gets some more chances but I suspect that regardless Sual will play ahead of him. 

So happy to see RLC play well. He deserves more minutes and could provide solid backup as a 6. Saul on the other hand is very shaky. He gives the ball away too much putting the team in some bad position in their final third. He also is quite poor defensively. 

Buzzing for Ruben after that performance. He's been so unlucky with injuries pretty much his whole career, but the talent is undoubtedly there. I've also always said that I thought his best position would be in the 6 - he's technically superb and has great strength which makes him press resistant.  It's also a great position for him to be in to start counter attacks as he can beat the press on his own with his excellent ball-carrying skills.

11 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Hey @Gol15 how did you rate Jorgcheekiho?

I want to see more of him in the near future if possible, I thought he did a decent job in the first half and then just built up on that in the second half. For a tall player he has great footwork and he made the most of the possession he had, I'm sure almost all of his passes and carries ended up in the final third, he could have had an assist too.

1 hour ago, DannyVblue said:

Buzzing for Ruben after that performance. He's been so unlucky with injuries pretty much his whole career, but the talent is undoubtedly there. I've also always said that I thought his best position would be in the 6 - he's technically superb and has great strength which makes him press resistant.  It's also a great position for him to be in to start counter attacks as he can beat the press on his own with his excellent ball-carrying skills.

You don't want your 6 to carry the ball. If he lose the ball, you basically give opp free chances.