Thibaut Courtois

I think its the other way around. Quality goalies move for quite expensive fees. Examples are Buffon who 15yrs ago cost Juve 33mil pounds for his move from Parma and recently Manuel Neur who despite having a year left on his deal still cost Bayern 21mil pounds from Schalke 04.

I think its the other way around. Quality goalies move for quite expensive fees. Examples are Buffon who 15yrs ago cost Juve 33mil pounds for his move from Parma and recently Manuel Neur who despite having a year left on his deal still cost Bayern 21mil pounds from Schalke 04.

That's very little when you consider that Raheem Sterling cost 49 million.

That's very little when you consider that Raheem Sterling cost 49 million.

Can't disagree with that (although I think him being English factored in that and the whole world knew City needed to fill their home grown quota) but given how inflated the market is these days, I won't be surprised if Tibo only went for silly money unless the club is looking to sell or he hands in a request and throws a tantrum.

How so? Their wages are already relatively low. You don't see any GKs on 200-300 a week.

They have much longer playing careers, so a top class goalkeeper like Buffon, Cech etc will cost what looks low, but their wages (even if lower than a star striker) will still increase and be paid for anywhere up to even 3 times longer than any outfield player will spend at a club.

There aren't many outfield players on 200-300k so its not a good indicator. But 100k a week for 6 years is less than 60k a week for 12.

Just an outlier really. Arsenal buying Cech for 10 mil pounds made him the 6th most expensive goalie transfer of all time. Neuer in second was almost half of Buffons fee.

Edited by Stim

Possible, Lesblues.

And other questions.

What happens in France?

What happens in Chelsea next year?

Champions League or European League or no European football?

New manager or Guus?

Who will left the house?

By what happens in France, I'm assuming you meant the euros, well I think Belgium will have a decent campaign but might fall short of expectations (managerial shortcomings?) but defensively Tibo with Kompany, Vertogen, Toby (Aldewierld?) ahead of him will have a good run out as I think that's better than what we have presently. As for Eden, I have no idea.

I think Chelsea will have a fantastic campaign next given all is put right this summer. I don't agree with some who think the situation is dire than it seems, we could use some player injections but I don't believe a clear-out and buying 7/8 players would be sensible. And please no more 4231, the system is very dependent on fast breaks and counter attacks. There's this air of a return of the 442 system, Fergie annoyed the sh*t out of me with it, I wouldn't oppose it or the 433 system.

I think this is sorted out. Conte if rumors are believed is our man ( excellent acquisition I believe) as Mr Guus as ruled himself out for a while. Credit to him as he seems to have lost some touch ( surprisingly a poor job he did with Holland). Maybe he's been looking forward to taking the missus to Bora Bora for some quality time. Grateful to him for keeping us safe and I hope we find a position for him 'upstairs' when he's available.

With utmost conviction, I see us clinching a top four spot next season.

Who will leave? Falcao, Pato (being obvious here). Who I want to leave? Oscar, Mikel, Remy, Cuadrado.

Edited by lesblues

They have much longer playing careers, so a top class goalkeeper like Buffon, Cech etc will cost what looks low, but their wages (even if lower than a star striker) will still increase and be paid for anywhere up to even 3 times longer than any outfield player will spend at a club.

There aren't many outfield players on 200-300k so its not a good indicator. But 100k a week for 6 years is less than 60k a week for 12.

Just an outlier really. Arsenal buying Cech for 10 mil pounds made him the 6th most expensive goalie transfer of all time. Neuer in second was almost half of Buffons fee.

You're right its 22mil Euros. That seems cheap, must be the 1yr left on his contract.

I see everybody has worn out using Mikel and Oscar as the scapegoat for our sh*tness, it's Courtois' go now.

I dont think anyone is scapegoating him but everyone seems to agree hes been underwhelming. It could be down to our sh*t defense too.

For the right price hes expendable IMO. Actually almost anyone at the club is at this point. For the right price

Goal keeper has to be the worst position on the pitch, make a mistake and its in the back of the net, No other position on the pitch has that level of pressure. The great goal keepers really are great players to play and perform with that level of pressure. Tibo is still a youngster and is still learning the trade, plus he has between the sticks, last man in a team that has been proper struggling all over the pitch. I have criticised him this season out of frustration, same as i have criticised the whole team but to even think about selling him would be madness !!!  he is how old ?? get some confidence back in him that is all.