Thibaut Courtois

Well, thank you, Offside. 

I'm doing my best. 

My english is not good. Indeed. 

But my intentions are good.

Your English might not be good (personally I think it's more than good for a non-native), but your Dutch and I assume French are very good, so you're in a position to translate accurately for us. And if you did that, a lot of discussion about what Thibaut said or didn't say would be clarified. Why haven't you posted a translation of the interview you linked to a few pages back? In the time you've taken to make these nonsense posts, you could have done it. 

Link

The Mail say we've got Milan's 17yr old keeper lined up to replace THibo should he want out

This is along the line of thinking I had when I suggested taking the money. 70m can buy you a few young GKs and I for one am comfortable with Begovic for a year or two while the young guys build up some experience. This kid from Milan already has a lot of experience with the first team for someone who is only going on 18. Take a look at him, he's big too. 6'5" and from the looks of it he's got some mass to him

Surely it would be as a backup, not as a first choice, right? 

Would love to get Cech back even if that means losing Begovic to Everton or wherever. If this kid serves as a backup to Cech and develops with Cech's mentorship, we'll be in a fantastic position when Cech retires. 

Surely it would be as a backup, not as a first choice, right? 

Would love to get Cech back even if that means losing Begovic to Everton or wherever. If this kid serves as a backup to Cech and develops with Cech's mentorship, we'll be in a fantastic position when Cech retires.

No way you buy Donnarumma & make him a backup, he is insanely good & already one of the best GKs in Serie A. He has the potential to be better than Buffon, and I reckon Milan will demand £30m+ for him.

And if you did that, a lot of discussion about what Thibaut said or didn't say would be clarified. . 

No. That's not true.

There's no discussion.

There's even no problem.

Some of you guys see problems.

Never heard from a Thibaut problem or a Chelsea - Thibaut problem the last few days.

This topic's conversation is very bizzare. Krc, I think offisde's point is you are defending Courtois saying he never said this and never said that but you are able to provide a translation of the transcript of the interview that is being discussed and do not seem to want to do so, apologies if I am missing something. I myself am very confused if he did not say any of these things why you do not present the evidence he did not such as a translation (hopefully accurate lol) rather than questioning the other side's "evidence". (the guardian etc..) Logically it seems like a far more efficient method of clarifying this discussion rather than talking/arguing in circles

Edited by Kev123

Link

The Mail say we've got Milan's 17yr old keeper lined up to replace THibo should he want out

This is along the line of thinking I had when I suggested taking the money. 70m can buy you a few young GKs and I for one am comfortable with Begovic for a year or two while the young guys build up some experience. This kid from Milan already has a lot of experience with the first team for someone who is only going on 18. Take a look at him, he's big too. 6'5" and from the looks of it he's got some mass to him

Just like Tibo was when he was his age, everyone who watched Tibo's youtube compilation at Genk knew he would develop into a top GK. Still willing to pretend this season never happened and look forward to next season,I believe he would be back to his best next season but of course if he pushes for a move come summer then fleece whosoever wants him for as much as possible.

This topic's conversation is very bizzare. Krc, I think offisde's point is you are defending Courtois saying he never said this and never said that but you are able to provide a translation of the transcript of the interview that is being discussed and do not seem to want to do so, apologies if I am missing something. I myself am very confused if he did not say any of these things why you do not present the evidence he did not such as a translation (hopefully accurate lol) rather than questioning the other side's "evidence". (the guardian etc..) Logically it seems like a far more efficient method of clarifying this discussion rather than talking/arguing in circles

Yes, it is, Kev123.

Very bizzare.

This topic's conversation is very bizzare. Krc, I think offisde's point is 

First of all.

I don't have any problem with Offside's vision and filosophy.

On the contrary. They are best interesting to me.

If you'll retun to page 24, you can see I have liked #461. 

But, if you think that you are missing something you must start at page 23, Kev123. 

I will give you a resume.

At page 23 you see a lot of visions about selling or not, and bad performance and other things. Don't have any problem with that. That's football. No problem.

And then, suddenly with #489 on page 25, all changed. 

Very important in that reaction is that the writer writes that he hopes Thibaut has been misquoted.

In the next reaction, "#490, his attitude is already disgusting. 

I have asked for a source at that time. 

A Guardian article was placed. In my opinion a strange one. 

I placed the real video and my intention was to translate the real version. Of course! Plokoon13 has asked me that. That was no problem for me a all. 

But then started on page 26 other meanings.

Ant that goes on page 27. And suddenly there was a nationality problem. And accusations. And I started to ask questions. Especially asking for source questions. 

And I reacted on others. (I licked yours, Kevin123, on page 29.)

#576 Youlots asked me to translate. I told him that I would do it. But I wanted to react first on other meanings. 

And I did that. 

And for now.

A translation, Kev123? Is not longer necessary! Nothing happens. Just some forum talk on a topic. No problem with that. Don't be confused. If he had said anything wrong you would have read a club reaction or a reaction from Guus. Don't think that happend so far. On the contrary, Thibaut did well yesterday. A few very good saves. But, Ronaldo was amazing again. He's getting better and better, in my opion.

There's no other side, Kev123. There's nothing to proof. Why should I give an evidence? Courtois did no wrong. It's not on me to prove that. You believe it or you don't. I can't believe that trolling needs no evidence and that just a real interview needs one.

If I'm not mistaken, he's 5th in the wage table at chelsea with 120k/week.. That's quite a lot for a mere GK.. IF he wants out (and with acceptable fee in mind) then I have no qualm in letting him go.. Without CL football and a stadium as mortage, we have to be wise in financial management.. 

If I'm not mistaken, he's 5th in the wage table at chelsea with 120k/week.. That's quite a lot for a mere GK.. IF he wants out (and with acceptable fee in mind) then I have no qualm in letting him go.. Without CL football and a stadium as mortage, we have to be wise in financial management.. 

A 'mere' goalkeeper? What a ridiculous statement to make.

A 'mere' goalkeeper? What a ridiculous statement to make.

Their position is crucial because they're the last line of defence however, it's a position that often gets the most advantage in the 'benefit of the doubt' situation and they provide the least effort compared to other outfield players.. Take fullback for example, running up and down providing both offence and defence and more likely engaged in 1-on-1 battle which often result of that battle being used as measurement to judge them.. The same thing can't be said to a (mere) GK, can it? most people wouldn't blame a GK if they come out 2nd best in 1-on-1 situation and more often than not, people would point out the defence 1st and foremost for the goals conceded unless it's a glaring blunder..

As long as the GK don't make obvious blunder, they'd be pretty much safe from judging eyes.. Any decent GK would do for a top club and of course you can disagree but that's the way I see it.. 

In fairness, goalkeepers tend to be veey underpaid. His role on the team is worthy of that salary. Maybe his performance this year doesn't justify his salary, but he deserved the lucrative contract he got since it was based on how he had performed previously and was expected to perform in the future. Many goalkeepers deserve to be the highest paid for their clubs based on their contributions and importance.