Krc-fan

Thibaut Courtois

1 hour ago, Blueblur said:

It's in the BBC gossip today that Real have switched their attention to Lloris instead of Courtois. 

Real didn't want to pay the £66m it would have cost to have signed Alisson. 

No way would they drop £60m on Lloris, especially as he's 6 years older. It's probably a leaked story to try and prompt Chelsea to speed up the sale which apparently we're delaying until we can find a replacement. 

WTh would pay 60M for Loris? He's clearly going down hill in the last 12-18 months, an cost almost twice as much as Courtois.. I agree, part of the Madrid ploy to push Chelsea to let Courtois go, those c* are so good at making up BS

43 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Real didn't want to pay the £66m it would have cost to have signed Alisson. 

No way would they drop £60m on Lloris, especially as he's 6 years older. It's probably a leaked story to try and prompt Chelsea to speed up the sale which apparently we're delaying until we can find a replacement. 

Indeed, sounds like a ploy.

Let’s face it with or without that git in between the sticks it’s going to be an underwhelming season. 2 1/2 weeks til Huddersfield away we have no striker capable of hitting 20+ goals in that comp, our best player is being tempted by RM, Willy could always end up elsewhere, no decent center half’s , dodgy left back & a few crappy squad players. New manager whose had 1/2 his meager pre season spunked on a marketing trip down under cus now moneybags RA is all of a sudden pinching pennies. Plus the transfer window closes before th prem starts for the 1st time ever and we have a dodgy Russian acting as DOF.

Im usually more optimistic but figure that it’s better to drain the glass in this case and then any liquid poured back into the glass is a win. Roll on 18-19 then !!

16 minutes ago, seanlu13913 said:

Not too familiar with the media outlet but this could keep Thibaut with us a little longer

https://apple.news/Aswu5C8XQQv-82rVFQZaWWA

Bleacher Report is an okay source... not exactly reliable when it comes to European football though. They're tied to same media group as CNN in America, but if you read the article none of the information they are reporting is their own. They are pulling stories from La Nacion and MailOnline 

24 minutes ago, coco said:

His odds have shortened on him staying quiet dramatically into 6/4 to stay from 4/1.

Indeed, a lot of reports saying that Sarri has told Eden and Tibo that they are both staying and that's that. 

1 hour ago, icecoolguy22 said:

If he's so eager to get back to his family in Spain, I don't know why he would wait another 12 months? To me, he's just after a big pay out, either with us or Madrid, of course it helps if the team is challenging the title and in CL.

He doesn't really have a choice though, since he is under contract for another 12 months. 

Rather keep him here this season than sell him for £35M and have Caballero be our no 1 all season. I would not feel good about a panic deadline day keeper purchase. Obviously, the ideal situation would be to keep Courtois and then sign him to an extension. However, that seems to not be in the cards at all. Let's keep him, secure a CL place, hopefully win Europa, and then go in for a top keeper next summer. 

I apologise for doing this. I don't know what's wrong with me.

£35M in pound coins could cover football goals 130-thick - 130 layers of full coverage of the goal.

I am not suggesting that should be our goal-keeping solution for the year - that would be against the rules.

Problem is if he wants out so much and we force him to stay for 1 more season his heart and level of performance won't be in it 

8 minutes ago, Cone said:

Problem is if he wants out so much and we force him to stay for 1 more season his heart and level of performance won't be in it 

It will. He wants madrid to sign him.

They aren't going to sign a goalkeeper if he doesn't look world class 

His agent is quoted in The Sun (poor source I realise)

Henrotay said: "I have been reading everywhere that Chelsea are saying it is up to Thibaut, but he has made it clear to the club that the best option for him is to move to Madrid. For him this is a big decision because he wants to be near his family, and there is an offer in place for Chelsea to accept."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6936921/thibaut-courtois-agent-chelsea-let-him-move-real-madrid/

Pressure is mounting. For mine we stuffed up massively by not having a better run at Alisson or even looking at a young replacement like Lafont.

Personally if Real Madrid want him now they can pay our price. Pity we couldn't pay Atleti some cash and get an exchange for Oblak. Oblak probably wouldn't go for the switch though!

1 hour ago, Spiller86 said:

Henrotay said: "I have been reading everywhere that Chelsea are saying it is up to Thibaut, but he has made it clear to the club that the best option for him is to move to Madrid. For him this is a big decision because he wants to be near his family, and there is an offer in place for Chelsea to accept."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6936921/thibaut-courtois-agent-chelsea-let-him-move-real-madrid/

Pressure is mounting. For mine we stuffed up massively by not having a better run at Alisson or even looking at a young replacement like Lafont.

Personally if Real Madrid want him now they can pay our price. Pity we couldn't pay Atleti some cash and get an exchange for Oblak. Oblak probably wouldn't go for the switch though!

Meh, he wasn't so desperate at the beginning of the year.

Keep for a season, get Pickford or Oblak in place for next.

8 hours ago, benjsross said:

It will. He wants madrid to sign him.

They aren't going to sign a goalkeeper if he doesn't look world class 

Bigger issue for him is he knows things change rapidly with Madrid. 2 Seasons ago it was De Gea, then Kepa, then Allison. Come next season Madrid might have moved on to someone else.

Smartest thing would be to sign Butland now, let him start as No 1 with Courtois on the bench. If he does reasonably well he keeps it till the end of the season, a few clangers and Courtois is back in goal. End of the season, either get in a No 1 with Butland as 2 or let him retain the jersey.

4 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

Neither Madrids really want him. They know he's free in a year and they've both got decent keepers.

2 hours ago, ducavis said:

Bigger issue for him is he knows things change rapidly with Madrid. 2 Seasons ago it was De Gea, then Kepa, then Allison. Come next season Madrid might have moved on to someone else.

Smartest thing would be to sign Butland now, let him start as No 1 with Courtois on the bench. If he does reasonably well he keeps it till the end of the season, a few clangers and Courtois is back in goal. End of the season, either get in a No 1 with Butland as 2 or let him retain the jersey.

Why buy Rob Green this season then?