madrid barca

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

we're 12 mins in, rvn 1-0, messi 1-1, rvn directly after 2-1.

WATCH IT!

and watch it on sopcast for a hyperactive geordie/ confused american commentary team!

(maikako sports i.e. mk sports)

Americans commentating football (or soccer as they call it) is rather funny. I remember a game a few years ago where the commentator was talking all the time.

About the players history, stats, the arena, the game in general and alot of other things. And he seemed amazed about the ability to pass the ball because everytime someone made an ordinary pass (the sort anyone can do) he raised his voice. I just had to laugh in the end.

Barca - Madrid. Amazing game so far. I made a bet with my mom. I said 2-1 to Real and she said 2-1 to Barcelona. I've got a feeling neither of us will be even close icon_rolleyes.gif

I want this commentary team for every football game from now until the day I snuff it - pure unadulterated comedy!

What? Did you get the American commentators, Phil and Ray?

If so, Ray Hudson is always on the edge of bursting an artery, and used to coach DC United. The poor guy needs to learn how to calm down. Perhaps some Tai Chi or Yoga would do him a world of good.

Is it just me or does Messi seem a bit slower since he came back from injury. Sure, he scored three goals against Madrid, but I still think he doesn't have the same edge as before. A few more injuries and he'll be just another player. It's time for some praying 128.gif

Is it just me or does Messi seem a bit slower since he came back from injury. Sure, he scored three goals against Madrid, but I still think he doesn't have the same edge as before. A few more injuries and he'll be just another player. It's time for some praying 128.gif

What praying that he gets his pace back and we sign him? icon_wink.gif

WHAT?! Sign Messi?! icon_eek.gif

I feel sick... pUKe.gif

all goals by messi show his huge potential. The one thing I had to laugh at was the commentator saying "RVN doesn't miss those" when talking about his first goal. It is roughly the second goal he has ever scored from outside the area in his career!

This game was everything it was cracked up to be. Any opinions on the Ronaldinho penalty claim in injury time?

On a related note, I am looking for a good hitman if anyone has contacts. I am placing a contract on the head of Ray Hudson from GOL TV. God-awful and indescribably annoying. 1064.gif

WHAT?! Sign Messi?! icon_eek.gif

I feel sick... pUKe.gif

You honestly wouldn't want Messi? Are you mad? icon_eek.gif

Give me Messi over Robben any day.

In fact, whilst we're at it, my starting line up next season...................

- Cech

-Diarra - JT -Carvalho - Bridge

-Essien

-Lamps -Mikel

-Messi - Joey

- Drogba

That would do it for me!!!

I don't want him either Nibs. For exactly the same reason I am tiring of Robben.

I'm sick and tired of players diving all over the pitch and I never, repeat NEVER want us to sign a player with an established reputation for it irrespective of how talented they are.

I would rather have a less talented team with a bit more integrity than a team of world beaters who take to the ground at every possible opportunity.

So on these grounds I don't want Messi, I don't want Deco, I don't want Quaresma and I don't want anyone else who falls into the category of perpetual offender. If that means we were to occasionally miss out on a very top drawer talent so be it.

Loz, I know what you're saying re the diving - I detest it too. That's why it took me ages to warm to Drogba (who has thankfully improved 100% in this respect, although still from time to time behaves like a big tart) and why I still get very pissed off with Robben. I even admit that Joe goes down too easily at times, but thankfully nowhere near to the same extent - Robben is the worst, as he seems to look for the dive 9 times out of 10.

But with Messi - I've seen a fair bit of him and I wonder what you are basing your opinion on? He is a wide man and a very skilful one at that and he's there to be got at. Sometimes he may go down but I have seen very few occasions where he has blatantly dived a la Robben.

I have seen Messi dive blatantly on a number of occasions and it is the kind of dive (like Robben's) where it is entirely pre-meditated (i.e running at a defender with no intention of beating him and every intention of taking to the ground) rather than a spur of the moment 'felt contact so exaggerate it'

I am not saying the latter is acceptable, just that the former actually takes training to get good at and it bothers me that players as young as Messi and Robben have already mastered it (or not in Robben's case - he is far from convincing).