PSG vs Chelsea (CL Last 16, 1st leg) - 17/02/2015 19:45 UK Time

Y123CFC

The Champions League, the Championssss...

It's back! Can't wait for this one.

PSG are currently 3rd in their league, which is a bit of a surprise for most, although they're only 2 points off 1st.

Will be a tough game of course seeing as they have Ibrahimovic, Cavani and some other top players.

I really hope we get at least 1 away goal, it really cost us last season when we drew 0-0 away at Atletico Madrid.

I would take a score draw now as I'd be confident of us beating them at home.

The match is on ITV in the UK, and Shakhtar vs Bayern is the other game that night on Sky Sports.

A draw would be okay, but of course we always want the win. Get ahead away, finish em off at home. My lineup:

Courtois

Ivanovic/Zouma/Terry/Azpilicueta

Matić/Fabregas

Willian/Oscar/Hazard

Costa

Giving Courtois the nod over Cech. Personally Cech has been better especially after that performance with Everton but I think Thibaut can do it.

Zouma over Cahill. Has been so much more responsible with the ball, a rock in defense, and overall much better than Gary. Give him the nod in his home country.

Leaving Cuadrado out of the top. He was good, but a bit hindering at times against Everton. He's very helpful in the attacking buildup but seems to want to slow the ball down on the counterattack when it needs to keep moving. I'd rather have Oscar in there, and we can't sacrifice Willian if you ask me. There's no space for him to start right now.

The rest should be obvious.

Cech should play instead of Courtois.

courtois made so many mistakes lately. He should be #2 and not Cech.

What 2 mistakes? So Cech never made any errors. Jeez you come across a spoiled brat. Young players especially goalkeepers need to play, Courtois has been class this season not saying Cech hasn't but Courtois is the future and needs to play these sorts of games. You must have missed his displays against Liverpool in the league cup.

Hi guys!

I think time has come to start teasing each other.

If I'm not wrong, Chelsea has no more matches until Paris next week.

We have one more this week-end to try to catch Lyon. And then you're welcome to lose 3-1 in Paris :)

Well, in the very very very ... very best scenario ...

As you may know, PSG doesn't deliver this year. Zlatan is aging and showing his dark side now. Cavani is still lost.

Thiago Silva seems to have recovered his skills now. David Luiz is David Luiz ... And still no coach, nothing new.

We have very few reasons to think we can go through this year really.

I just hope they all keep all their rage from last year at the Bridge for next week. But it's doubtful.

And Chelsea has much more weapons than last year.

I'm afraid Costa can cause more damage than Schurrle, who wasn't bad ...

What 2 mistakes? So Cech never made any errors. Jeez you come across a spoiled brat. Young players especially goalkeepers need to play, Courtois has been class this season not saying Cech hasn't but Courtois is the future and needs to play these sorts of games. You must have missed his displays against Liverpool in the league cup.

Come on Bobby, let's be fair,

Cech had only one bad match - that fiasco in FA cup but it's not only him I think entire team performed bad.

He has more clean sheets that Courtois and he doesn't make mistakes like Courtois lately.

I'm kind sick and tire of anyone who is excusing Courtois by saying he's the future, he's still young and that sh*t.

He may be the furure but at this time Petr Cech is better. Courtois Should be #2 this season.

I have feeling Jose will let Cech play more now.

Come on Bobby, let's be fair,

Cech had only one bad match - that fiasco in FA cup but it's not only him I think entire team performed bad.

He has more clean sheets that Courtois and he doesn't make mistakes like Courtois lately.

I'm kind sick and tire of anyone who is excusing Courtois by saying he's the future, he's still young and that sh*t.

He may be the furure but at this time Petr Cech is better. Courtois Should be #2 this season.

I have feeling Jose will let Cech play more now.

Courtois sh*t? That's it not interested in anything else you have to say cause you clearly talk w**k.

Hi guys!

I think time has come to start teasing each other.

If I'm not wrong, Chelsea has no more matches until Paris next week.

We have one more this week-end to try to catch Lyon. And then you're welcome to lose 3-1 in Paris :)

Well, in the very very very ... very best scenario ...

As you may know, PSG doesn't deliver this year. Zlatan is aging and showing his dark side now. Cavani is still lost.

Thiago Silva seems to have recovered his skills now. David Luiz is David Luiz ... And still no coach, nothing new.

We have very few reasons to think we can go through this year really.

I just hope they all keep all their rage from last year at the Bridge for next week. But it's doubtful.

And Chelsea has much more weapons than last year.

I'm afraid Costa can cause more damage than Schurrle, who wasn't bad ...

Thanks for post. Cup games are different to leagues and often a chance for talented teams to go on a run even if doing badly in league.

Psg have good quality and beat Barcelona so we won't be taking you easily. I expect a tight game.

Jose has so far preferred Cahill for away matches and I expect Oscar to play if fit.

Our squad is still thin and hazard, Willian and matic have worked very hard recently.

I wouldn't this is an easy draw, but pretty confident we can get over them. Despite having a great squad, they haven't done well in the league at all this season. I'm no expertise on French league, but from what I have read, more of than not it's Zaltan bailed them out. Luiz will make these familiar mistakes again, and this time we have Costa to captitalise it. I feel it will be a 1:1 draw in the first leg, followed by a 3:1 at home.

Will be a tight game no doubt like last year Atletico away type.

We need an away goal so hopefully a score draw at the worst. I've watched PSG several times domestically this season and they don't look great but a team with Ibra, Cavanni, Silva and so on will be dangerous.

Bonus is we get a weeks rest and Costa will be in tip top shape so I'm confident.

As to who plays in goal? That's a tough one.

Courtois did nothing wrong to be dropped and Cech made a world class save last game. Whoever it is I'll be happy as both are great keepers and we can trust them both equally.

People talk about the Atletico game like Mourinho got it wrong, truth is Atletico were just a better side than us and had much higher mentality to break us down and get where they wanted.

If we had went to try and out play Atletico at there ground the result wouldn't have looked as nice as some people think. And I'm sorry but I've never heard a team play for a score draw, how is that possible?

Archived