Diego "the guv'nor" Costa

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 minute ago, Batshuayi said:

More chance of Chelsea spending £150m on Kane & Ali than Tottenham letting those two join us. White Hart Lane would get burnt down.

They might even be able to rebuild the place for that money but all joking aside everyone has their price. If Costa really does want to go to China he is more of an asset and we could buy a top player who doesn't want to go to China. I just thought to myself which selling club has some good players at the moment. They sold Bale didn't they?

Just now, Andy North said:

They might even be able to rebuild the place for that money but all joking aside everyone has their price. If Costa really does want to go to China he is more of an asset and we could buy a top player who doesn't want to go to China. I just thought to myself which selling club has some good players at the moment. They sold Bale didn't they?

Yeah to Spain.

They also sold Modric to Spain after refusing him to come here for more money.

They wouldn't sell any of their best players to us now, not a chance.

2 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Oh right. Strange he's started scoring again now, maybe he just couldn't hack Premier League?

Never got a proper run of games with us, really can't expect the world from him coming on with 5 minutes left every game, not to mention it would have been tough in the dressing room last year.

16 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

Yeah to Spain.

They also sold Modric to Spain after refusing him to come here for more money.

They wouldn't sell any of their best players to us now, not a chance.

You're probably right but if Conte had £150m burning a hole in his pocket he would be looking to buy someone. Are we now at a stage where Chinese money is distorting the market so much that you can have £150m and still can't buy a world class centre forward? Would Ronaldo come back? What about Aguero. City probably wouldn't sell. They don't need the money either. Griezeman? Would he come and is he an out and out centre forward? All of this leads to one conclusion. We have to keep Diego and if that means Antonio going down on his knees (take that however you want) to make him stay until the end of this campaign he may have to.

Edited by Andy North
stupid spelling

On the other hand of the training picture...

The team have a day off and maybe Diego is training to get fit for our next game and to prove to the staff he's going to work hard to get back in the side?

That was my thought too ... for someone who wants to leave why Train on your day off

2 hours ago, Van Butsen said:

Never got a proper run of games with us, really can't expect the world from him coming on with 5 minutes left every game, not to mention it would have been tough in the dressing room last year.

Anyone could see Falcao was done when he came to England, had nothing to do with a run of games.

So it seems now the papers are trying to change their line a bit om Costa.. Some saying hes apologise some or will apologise and will be back for Hull Guillem Balague says there was never any China bid or interest it was a discipline issue and Conte acted like he normally does swiftly to remind everyone who's boss and judging by the other players they all back him. Once Costa apologise he's back in the team

2 hours ago, Chelsbear said:

On the other hand of the training picture...

The team have a day off and maybe Diego is training to get fit for our next game and to prove to the staff he's going to work hard to get back in the side?

Exactly. I've seen so much conflicting information from different media outlets both in the UK and abroad that it's very difficult to get any kind of clarity on what is going on.

Apparently Conte and Costa are due to sit down tomorrow to discuss the situation. Ahead of the Hull it seems clear that they will have to have a meeting. I have a hunch that a compromise will be found - Costa stays until the end of the season when he might well leave. The optimist in me hopes that we can sign him to a new deal at some stage but that seems unlikely.

31 minutes ago, Celery1989 said:

Exactly. I've seen so much conflicting information from different media outlets both in the UK and abroad that it's very difficult to get any kind of clarity on what is going on.

Sorry to quote myself but to stress the point, Sky and some of the tabloids were saying that 'showdown talks' were due tomorrow, but now Matt Law in the Telegraph claims that there are no special talks planned at all.

40 minutes ago, Brutos said:

So it seems now the papers are trying to change their line a bit om Costa.. Some saying hes apologise some or will apologise and will be back for Hull Guillem Balague says there was never any China bid or interest it was a discipline issue and Conte acted like he normally does swiftly to remind everyone who's boss and judging by the other players they all back him. Once Costa apologise he's back in the team

Was that on SSN?

Guardian reporting the same thing.

You got to wonder if we are even going to see him playing many more games for us. Conte clearly is a man of principles and unless Diego Costa is a 110 percent in this until the end of the season i don't see Conte playing him.

Horrible situation though. Punch in the gut, a week or two ago it looked like he was going to sign a new long term contract. Replacing him is not going to be an easy task at all.

4 minutes ago, Brutos said:

None of the papers have a clue the fact some journalist saying there was never any China bid show's how clueless the lot are they are looking to destabilise the team

Just because there wasnt an official bid. Doesnt mean his agent hasnt been talking to the Chinese clubs.

I would also argue journos like Simon Johnson and Matt Law are Chelsea Journos who if anything favour Chelsea rather than be biased against them.

Edited by jamie#8