Diego "the guv'nor" Costa

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

20 minutes ago, Valerie said:

I'm still not convinced this is what actually happened. There must be more context we don't know about.

Conte has said Costa was told in January that he'd be sold in the summer and I find that a lot more believable...everyone fell for the Costa text 'revelation'...perhaps there was a text in June but to remind him he was no longer wanted...it felt like a ploy from Costa all along to try and pressure chelsea into selling at a lower price, but it backfired completely. Chelsea still got their money but he has had to wait a lot longer to get it done and faces months of training to get back into shape.

he should have done a Matic...report for training and just wait for two clubs to agree a fee. Simple. 

Thanks Diego for all, despite the bad end of story, you will stay in our heart for long time, good player on the pitch with lot of fighting spirit. You made we win much games with your goals, especially last year. You have been one main man from title last year. But is too bad in Champions League you have been too poor and unlucky. Thanks for all. 

Conte has said Costa was told in January that he'd be sold in the summer and I find that a lot more believable...everyone fell for the Costa text 'revelation'...perhaps there was a text in June but to remind him he was no longer wanted...it felt like a ploy from Costa all along to try and pressure chelsea into selling at a lower price, but it backfired completely. Chelsea still got their money but he has had to wait a lot longer to get it done and faces months of training to get back into shape.
he should have done a Matic...report for training and just wait for two clubs to agree a fee. Simple. 

It seems believable, and would also help explain why he was so sh*t for us from January onwards. I remember there were also a lot of rumours that the club refused to allow him his big money move to China, so for me the most likely scenario is that he wanted to go and was told he can leave but only at the and of the season. I'm not sure what Costa was trying to achieve by publicising the text, but it seems likely that he had wanted to leave for some time, and Atletico were his second choice after the Chinese interest disappeared.

Anyway, he's undoubtedly a brilliant goal scorer when fit and when he actually wants to play for the club. He'll probably score a sh*t load of goals for Atletico but I believe the decision to go was his and not ours, so no regrets.

Im pleased the circus is over to be honest. We just need the 'Costa is better than Morata' headlines from the 'pundits' which have been popping up on headlines over the last few weeks to dry up, im sick of reading the same old crap.

Costa didnt want to be here, we got a big fee and a tidy profit so i think it is good business. I am convinced that Morata will make sure that Costa is forgotten and will help fire us to more success.

Just read that Costa has apparently told reporters that he has no issue with Conte..... Im sure that wasnt what he was saying a few weeks back when he was partying in Brazil trying to engineer a move away.... Good ridance to the T**t!

Had a lot of fun watching this guy and he really made the difference in many games not just by scoring but by scaring the crap out of some of the 'hard man' defences we have in the league.  Was great to see the usual defensive thugs get a run for their money!

What lost him to me was the fact that he wanted away when we were on a title charge - despite the occasional badge thumping on the pitch this just says that his heart was never really ours.  Great player (most times) but the ultimate modern day footballing mercenary.

£35m on the purchase/sale deal too - what's not to like?

He was a total c**t and we all knew what we were getting ourselves into when we bought him, but I have to say thank you for your service. He definitely contributed massively to two title wins I can't forget that.

An important thing about Costa, if you're a superstitious person is that post-Abramovich Chelsea were often known for having a strikers curse, Diego kind of kicked that in the balls. Even Drogba for all his greatness was never a prolific goal scorer, not in my opinion anyway, he was more of a team player that brought others into the game. As for Costa he must be our most prolific goalscorer we've had post-Abramovich so far, goal by game ratio it must be I would bet on it. Always celebrated his goals, never celebrated his antics but we knew what we got ourselves into, best of luck to him, except against us. 

4 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

I know I am bucking the trend here, but I for one will miss Costa, I fully realise the situation with him and the club was untenable and he had to go, but nevertheless i will miss him, in my opinion Morata is nowhere near the level Costa was at

I agree, the guy was a bit of a knob, but on his day he was class, and I loved the passion, he was always up for it no matter the game. I did worry he was a red card waiting to happen though (although  he rarely got sent off).......... that was exciting but took some enjoyment out, as I kept thinking "hes gonna get sent off and then we'll be screwed", or I was thinking  "oh ffs just get on with it you child!"

Morata has potential though, hes already scoring. At least hes not off to a Torres start!

If Costa never scored as many goals we would be calling him the Brazilian or Spanish Danny Welbeck, his overall play was abysmal. Morata is actually a good footballer and he's 24, still has potential. He wasn't resigned by Real Madrid for no reason, he was immense at Juventus and he looked good whenever he played for Madrid they were just stacked. 

A lot of the time we ignored Costa's disastrous link up play because in those games he scored, plus one thing that annoyed me about him is that he never seemed to get on the end of anything, I can never recall Costa scoring many headers, probably about 2, Morata looks like he can connect. 

7 minutes ago, Zola said:

I agree, the guy was a bit of a knob, but on his day he was class, and I loved the passion, he was always up for it no matter the game. I did worry he was a red card waiting to happen though (although  he rarely got sent off).......... that was exciting but took some enjoyment out, as I kept thinking "hes gonna get sent off and then we'll be screwed", or I was thinking  "oh ffs just get on with it you child!"

Morata has potential though, hes already scoring. At least hes not off to a Torres start!

I agree Morata has potential, but for me, and without wishing to offend anyone on here, he will never be as good as Costa was for us, I do hope I am proved wrong on that