Diego "the guv'nor" Costa

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Well your wrong, the stats don't back it up. Check the leading goalscorers table for last year ;)

No i'm not wrong.

Diego Costa: Has a better conversion rate (22.2%) than any other player in the last 2 Premier League seasons (15+ goals)

Since 2014/15

Costa averages a goal every 4.5 shots (1 Penalty)

Aguero averages a goal every 5.4 shots (10 Penalties)

Vardy averages a goal every 5.7 shots (5 Penalties)

Giroud averages a goal every 5.7 shots (1 Penalty)

Kane averages a goal every 5.9 shots (7 Penalties)

Rooney averages a goal every 7.4 shots (2 Penalties)

Lukaku averages a goal every 8 shots (3 Penalties)

Edited by pacquiao

No i'm not wrong.

Diego Costa: Has a better conversion rate (22.2%) than any other player in the last 2 Premier League seasons (15+ goals)

Since 2014/15

Costa averages a goal every 4.5 shots (1 Penalty)

Aguero averages a goal every 5.4 shots (10 Penalties)

Vardy averages a goal every 5.7 shots (5 Penalties)

Giroud averages a goal every 5.7 shots (1 Penalty)

Kane averages a goal every 5.9 shots (7 Penalties)

Rooney averages a goal every 7.4 shots (2 Penalties)

Lukaku averages a goal every 8 shots (3 Penalties)

Are you able to break those stats down? Who has how many shots? The distance those shots was taken at?

If anyone tries to tell me Costa is a better finisher than Aguero i will internet strangle them. Aguero is the best finisher I've seen in the premiership in 15 years, along with being, for me, the best striker in the world. Stats don't tell the whole story on this one, Aguero scores every kind of goal, he shoots from range a lot more than Costa, so naturally the stats will be skewed. I would give anything to have him here.

If anyone tries to tell me Costa is a better finisher than Aguero i will internet strangle them. Aguero is the best finisher I've seen in the premiership in 15 years, along with being, for me, the best striker in the world. Stats don't tell the whole story on this one, Aguero scores every kind of goal, he shoots from range a lot more than Costa, so naturally the stats will be skewed. I would give anything to have him here.

I think Aguero is a brilliant striker, but if you watch him, he sends a lot of shots off target. There has been better finishers than him in the Premier League in the last 15 years. Suarez, Henry, Ronaldo and even our Lampard were better finishers than Aguero.

Edited by Scott Harris

I think Aguero is a brilliant striker, but if you watch him, he sends a lot of shots off target. There has been better finishers than him in the Premier League in the last 15 years. Suarez, Henry, Ronaldo and even our Lampard were better finishers than Aguero.

if you only count finisher Aguero isnt the best one, but he can create his own chance and also create for others, which Costa cant

Since 2014/15 (without penalties)

Costa averages a goal inside the box with every 4.0 shots 
Kane averages a goal inside the box with every 4.7 shots 
Lukaku averages a goal inside the box with every 5.8 shots 
Aguero averages a goal inside the box with every 5.9 shots 

Costa is clearly a better finisher then Aguero

You keep posting these statistics, they don't actually prove anything, I'm not arguing that Costa is not a good finisher, he is, but look at the bigger picture, Aguero takes on chances that a lot of other players wouldn't, so naturally he's going to miss more. Ronaldo takes a boatload of shots every game, misses quite a few, but are you going to argue that Costa is a better finisher than him also? I hate these WhoScored stats that people post as if they are the be all and end all. Watch the Aguero and Costa over the last two seasons (I have done, since one of my best mates is a City fan) and then tell me you think Diego is a better finisher. Probably semantics though, as mentioned above, but for me, a better finisher is someone who can tuck away very difficult chances with some consistency. I love Diego, he's a great striker for us, but Aguero is light years ahead of him when he can stay fit.

You live in a dreamworld. Aguero is currently the best striker in premiership. You won't find many people who debate that. Stats don't really mean anything without looking at how a forward plays?

Does Aguero run around the wing giving the ball away nearly everytime?

What if Aguero shots was just inside the box and Cost shots was from 6 yrds. Your stats mean nothing because it doesn't describe the kind of shot or opportunity involved. What if all Costas was one on ones and tap ins for example then you would expect his conversion rate to be better.

It was Costa who headed away Payet's free kick last night.

Who's the better header-out-of-the-wall striker?  I'd say Costa in that he heads away .07 times a game, but it's actually .9 times a free kick.

Haha that is something Costa does give Chelsea like Drogba before. Strong in both set pieces situations.

You keep posting these statistics, they don't actually prove anything, I'm not arguing that Costa is not a good finisher, he is, but look at the bigger picture, Aguero takes on chances that a lot of other players wouldn't, so naturally he's going to miss more. Ronaldo takes a boatload of shots every game, misses quite a few, but are you going to argue that Costa is a better finisher than him also? I hate these WhoScored stats that people post as if they are the be all and end all. Watch the Aguero and Costa over the last two seasons (I have done, since one of my best mates is a City fan) and then tell me you think Diego is a better finisher. Probably semantics though, as mentioned above, but for me, a better finisher is someone who can tuck away very difficult chances with some consistency. I love Diego, he's a great striker for us, but Aguero is light years ahead of him when he can stay fit.

Those stats prove Costa needs less shots to score then Aguero does! 

You live in a dreamworld. Aguero is currently the best striker in premiership. You won't find many people who debate that. Stats don't really mean anything without looking at how a forward plays?

Does Aguero run around the wing giving the ball away nearly everytime?

What if Aguero shots was just inside the box and Cost shots was from 6 yrds. Your stats mean nothing because it doesn't describe the kind of shot or opportunity involved. What if all Costas was one on ones and tap ins for example then you would expect his conversion rate to be better.

i live in a dreamworld yet you are the one making bizzare excuses because you dont like the truth, all these what ifs your saying i can do that to, what if Cahill was a good as Baresi in his prime, what if Chelsea signs Messi tomorrow? 

i live in a dreamworld yet you are the one making bizzare excuses because you dont like the truth, all these what ifs your saying i can do that to, what if Cahill was a good as Baresi in his prime, what if Chelsea signs Messi tomorrow?

What ifs because your stats never show the bigger picture. What does Costas look like compared to Ronaldo?

What would you think if your stats said all Costas shots was from 3 yrds but all ageuros was just from inside the box? That's what those stats don't show, they just suit your theory Costa is the best.

Edited by Ernie_blue

i think aguero's all round game is better than costa, and both are similar in finishing ability. aguero certainly edges costa as the better striker, but i'm hoping costa improves under conte and becomes better player all round. 

What ifs because your stats never show the bigger picture. What does Costas look like compared to Ronaldo?

What would you think if your stats said all Costas shots was from 3 yrds but all ageuros was just from inside the box? That's what those stats don't show, they just suit your theory Costa is the best.

if you want to look at the bigger picture we can, we can look at the fact Aguero plays for a team that is built around him a team that is more creative and was much better then Chelsea last season, Aguero is also a better dribbler then Costa and defenders fear Aguero more, so back off him a lot giving Aguero more time and space to shoot in good positions, when Aguero gets the ball in the box defenders sh*t themselves as they know Aguero can easily skip past them and force them to concede a penalty which again gives Aguero better opportunities to shoot and score inside the box. 

Those stats prove Costa needs less shots to score then Aguero does! 

You're talking brown mate, stop pulling out stats that mean nothing. Here's a stat for you, since you love them so much. Aguero has the highest goals-per minute ratio in the history of the Premier League. 

Edited by RMCM

if you want to look at the bigger picture we can, we can look at the fact Aguero plays for a team that is built around him a team that is more creative and was much better then Chelsea last season, Aguero is also a better dribbler then Costa and defenders fear Aguero more, so back off him a lot giving Aguero more time and space to shoot in good positions, when Aguero gets the ball in the box defenders sh*t themselves as they know Aguero can easily skip past them and force them to concede a penalty which again gives Aguero better opportunities to shoot and score inside the box.

So Aguero is the better striker then lol

I thought your stats started from 2014?

Edited by Ernie_blue

You're talking brown mate, stop pulling out stats that mean nothing. Here's a stat for you, since you love them so much. Aguero has the highest goals-per minute ratio in the history of the Premier League. 

so how is that relevant? your acting as if i think Aguero isnt a good striker, the fact is Costa is the better finisher. Simple.