Diego "the guv'nor" Costa

44 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Their owner also confirmed they have reached an agreement with Mendes/Diego in that interview btw. So i think we can pretty much confirm that the stories was true.

If that's the case then I'll be so disappointed with Costa. He may have ruined our chances of winning the title, purely for money. Shows what kind of person he is really, I really thought he fought with passion and loves his football.

Just now, coco said:

It's pretty simple, he stays for the next 6 months and earns his salary. Then we sell him as the top scoring striker in the premier league for a premium price.

The not so simple question that needs answering is what are we going to do next season ?

Pretty certain Hazard and Costa will be gone by summer, so we're going to look very different next season.

Costa isn't here because he loves London and the premier league. These guys are all here for the money, as soon as you accept the fact the sooner you'll not let it get to you.

There is no real loyalty left in football, except maybe with genuine childhood fans playing for their club.....top player "loyalty" comes at a huge financial cost.

Costa can go where he likes, I'll miss his goals, but the club should never bend over backwards for anyone. Make him joint top paid player, sure, why not....but when its getting into Chinese money realm, (which is frankly pathetic, desperate and ridiculous) then they should say go on then if you want to play in that rubbish.

How much money is ever enough for these guys? 

7 minutes ago, Zola said:

Costa isn't here because he loves London and the premier league. These guys are all here for the money, as soon as you accept the fact the sooner you'll not let it get to you.

There is no real loyalty left in football, except maybe with genuine childhood fans playing for their club.....top player "loyalty" comes at a huge financial cost.

Costa can go where he likes, I'll miss his goals, but the club should never bend over backwards for anyone. Make him joint top paid player, sure, why not....but when its getting into Chinese money realm, (which is frankly pathetic, desperate and ridiculous) then they should say go on then if you want to play in that rubbish.

How much money is ever enough for these guys? 

Spot on.

Folk talk about his passion and love for the club....come on! He's just a Brazilian/Spanish footballer who came here because we offered more than his previous club.....the exact same as what's happening now.

My issue isn't that he wants to go...that's fine but don't throw a strop and destabilise a fantastic season so far half way through it! Where is the respect to the teammates and manager?

We need to keep him until the end of the season but then we have the problem of his form going out the window like last season.

Footballers (the vast majority) play for money...not for passion that much has been clear for a long time.

One thing in our advantage is that clubs aren't willing to take "trouble some" players.  Diego is clearly known as a trouble maker, rightly or wrongly. As we've seen with Payet, they won't buy them regardless of how good they are. Payet is available for £35m and none of the big clubs are touching him - for a good reason 

Payet is not near at Costa level and after 2 months he will be 30 years old ....Of course no one will want to buy him. :D
The situation with Costa is bad. If he give 110% untill the summer, then keep him till then, then Sell him even if he want to stay and made a statement with him.

18 hours ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

Anyone could see Falcao was done when he came to England, had nothing to do with a run of games.

He's been good and his team excellent this season, seeing off Tottenham twice is no mean feet, he didn't score but still played well, so I'm not sure how that constitutes being done.

Just now, Van Butsen said:

He's been good and his team excellent this season, seeing off Tottenham twice is no mean feet, he didn't score but still played well, so I'm not sure how that constitutes being done.

Playing well in a off game against a premier league team doesn't mean you're Premier League calibre. Maybe done wasn't the right word but he certainly wouldn't cut it as a top player in this league.

1 hour ago, Blue Exile said:

Where is the Hazard theory coming from?

Just this quote is sticking in my mind

"I made clear I had no intention of leaving after such a poor year. I didn’t want to go out like that. If I ever leave, it’ll be after winning a championship. You need to go out on a high so that people remember you for the right reasons. "

Always expected him to leave eventually, and I think he'll be off to Madrid this summer, leaving on good terms. There isn't any rumours or anything like that.

2 minutes ago, Brutos said:

Well now if the Chinese have confirmed they made a offer why don't they break the world record and am sure the club would consider it keeping an unhappy player is pointless very very few players are loyal only thing they loyal to is their bank balance

Because the rules changed and they cant have another players as only 3 foreigners can play in 1 game.

As others have said. ideal scenario is Costa knuckles down, carries on what he's been doing and helps us to a PL and FA Cup double come May (and pockets the golden boot). Then he can leave in the summer with our blessing and we use the inflated fee we get to try and replace him. Easier said than done but we're a big London club with a great coach, brilliant facilities, offering CL football, big salary, huge f**k-off house in Cobham / Weybridge / Oxshott (not too many places in UK better to live). My Short-list:

Griezmann

Sanchez

Suarez

Lukaku

and probably in that order. 

Still undecided about Lukaku - change my view on a weekly basis. On his day he is a beast and as good as anyone but blows hot & cold (and dare I say at times looks lazy) and I've heard folk who reckon Bats will eventually be the better player.

1 minute ago, Nibs said:

As others have said. ideal scenario is Costa knuckles down, carries on what he's been doing and helps us to a PL and FA Cup double come May (and pockets the golden boot). Then he can leave in the summer with our blessing and we use the inflated fee we get to try and replace him. Easier said than done but we're a big London club with a great coach, brilliant facilities, offering CL football, big salary, huge f**k-off house in Cobham / Weybridge / Oxshott (not too many places in UK better to live). My Short-list:

Griezmann

Sanchez

Suarez

Lukaku

and probably in that order. 

Still undecided about Lukaku - change my view on a weekly basis. On his day he is a beast and as good as anyone but blows hot & cold (and dare I say at times looks lazy) and I've heard folk who reckon Bats will eventually be the better player.

Griezmann and Lukaku are the ones I think we'd pursue fully, Sanchez would probably cost too much (not that we can't afford it mind) and I don't think Suarez would come to us or leave Barca right now.

1 hour ago, Van Butsen said:

Be interesting to see how far Monaco go in the CL then and how he fares.

Podolski was a regular scorer for Germany at International level yet he was a pretty average PL player. Benni McCarthy was a good player in the Portuguese league yet was average for Blackburn Rovers, etc. If you rate Falcao then fair enough but I think it's clear as day that he's no longer than player that destroyed us in the Super Cup.

Edited by Bobbywoodhogan