ForeverCarefree

Diego "the guv'nor" Costa

How can any of you defend him? The shirt is a minor couldn't care less if he was wearing another English clubs shirt but the whole "give conte a hug" thing just shows his lack of respect for everyone at the club, trying to turn us into a circus after we made such massive steps last season get rid asap

3 hours ago, evissy said:

He is a former Atletico player. Why not wear that shirt?

Oh come on, surely you can see he is being a bit of dick here. Costa knows exactly what he is doing. Recording himself in another teams shirt and then trying to be funny by saying "give Conte a hug" to Fabregas. Costa knows this will kick up a lot of fuss and that one moment can make things a bit awkward between Fabregas and Conte. 

It's not the first, second or third time that Costa has shown a lack of professionalism with us.

I'm disappointed in him. He isn't a kid anymore why all this pettiness. Conte wasn't innocent but at least show the club and fans some class ffs. His friends are training for preseason and it's fair enough that he's excused but blatantly partying? Get your sh*t together Costa

On the pitch he's a decent striker when his heads in the right place and he's motivated. When he's not, he's a liability.

Off the pitch... always looked a 'character' in the training videos. Clearly that's not an act though and he is just a tad immature.

Dont think I can remember someone leaving with such a lack of class since Gallas...

He should just shut up now. It's one thing to play the clown on the way to training or in the off season, but the pre-season has already started and he's still acting like a 13 year old with an attitude problem. Makes you wonder how impressed Atletico are about this kind of crap, given that they're probably soon to be paying this guy a huge amount of money.

We need to remember his background he came from the street's his only loyalty is to himself and his family quicker you fan's realise this about player's the better

I'm ok if the club wants to swap him for Carrasco or whoever they want on that Atleti team. No more of this nonsense and to think we've built such a good rapport with Atleti

I think I voice the opinion of many Atletico fans when I say Costa's attitude is embarrassing to say the least. As much as I admit it would be nice to have him back his attitude of late is not what I would expect from a (possibly) future Atlético player, very unprofessional and disrespectful with that which is still his team. Whatever fallout he has/had with Conte he should still show respect to club and fans. Not impressed.. at all. 

Added to the fact he would be half the season without playing it makes me wonder if having him back is a smart move (look at what happened to Arda at Bcn), and no way would I want to give up Carrasco or Griezman for the sake of Costa!

Edited by Nyte_Lotus

3 hours ago, Nyte_Lotus said:

I think I voice the opinion of many Atletico fans when I say Costa's attitude is embarrassing to say the least. As much as I admit it would be nice to have him back his attitude of late is not what I would expect from a (possibly) future Atlético player, very unprofessional and disrespectful with that which is still his team. Whatever fallout he has/had with Conte he should still show respect to club and fans. Not impressed.. at all. 

Added to the fact he would be half the season without playing it makes me wonder if having him back is a smart move (look at what happened to Arda at Bcn), and no way would I want to give up Carrasco or Griezman for the sake of Costa!

do you think costa will play alongside griezmann? what will your formation be? i don't know anything about how atletico set up, so just curious. 

I see Costa being Costa. Nothing more. He has said he wants out. What does this really add to it? Nothing.

Costa is the guy who pushes that red button that says don't touch. On and off field. I don't know what Conte did to him as he was like an angel on the field all season...

I still don't rule out him playing this coming season with us. However it seems unlikely.

As much as he's done for our club on the pitch he's never had an ounce of respect off of it. Threatened us with transfers on several occasions. Always been outspoken on international duty saying how he wants to go to this club or that club, and the tip of the iceberg for me was his childishness about the China move in January. He was the Premier League top goalscorer playing in the team walking towards the title, what more could you ask for? We should have cashed in then, taken a lot more money and called it a day as he did nothing from January onwards. 

This latest example of his attitude really does side me towards Conte who clearly has to deal with this fool on a daily basis . Thanks for the goals Diego, fantastic striker on his day but we no longer need players like that at the club.