Diego "the guv'nor" Costa

We can't be forced to sell by his lawyer, he legally has a contract and we can let him rot in the reserves as far as we are concerned. He is earning money without doing anything for the club since the end of the season. Also he can't pick the club we will sell him to the highest bidder even if it means he goes to China.

Edited by TrueBlueBIH

Only just seen that on Sky sports. There is absolutely no chance of there being a u-turn and him coming back to play for us. I know you will all say, Obviously not. I was just hoping for it to happen. Totally given up. I am not going to post anymore about him until he goes.

1 hour ago, barak81 said:

Does the transfer request meen he will have to forfeit some wages or somthing . Some where in the back of my mind I seem to remember hearing it was not financially beneficial for the player to hand in a TR

Yep, any and all loyalty bonuses.

I think if a player puts in a transfer request, he loses out on loyalty bonus if he is sold. Costa getting his lawyer involved is probably an attempt to keep said bonus, by claiming he has been forced to request a transfer. 

I don't know how this one will end. I hope we dig in and refuse to sell him cheaply even if it means having to pay his wages, while he isn't in the squad for 6 months. 

Let him do his fitness on the beach for the next 6 months or the end of his contract if no one meets our valuation. We need to set the standard here that no player will hold our club to ransom, if I was Roman I'd be inclined just to write the wages off if no one is offering what we want.

Thankfully, for all the stick our board gets, the one thing we do tend to do really, really well is sell our players for good money.

11 hours ago, Blue_candy said:

Never wanted him to leave in the first place, His aggression is 10/10, strikers need that nowadays

Not so sure about that claim, the leagues top scorer and the hottest property in English football isn't aggressive, he's not even that strong. Same with Aguero before him. 

Certainly missed his aggression yesterday, how much he actually contributes to our style of football is being underestimated.

I think we are going to miss him sorely this season, Morata looks really lightweight and he's more of a nice boy than the batsh*t crazy aggression like Costa.

Its going to take some time for the team to get used to playing with a totally different kind of striker.

Only if Costa was sane off the pitch.

don't miss him going missing for half the season when he decides to have a strop, or getting himself sent off because he shows too much aggression. it gets tiresome after a while. losing some mickey mouse cup game he didn't feature in isn't going to change that. 

When his head is screwed on he's simply unplayable and one of the best strikers in Europe.

We all witnessed that for the first 6 months of this season and our previous title winning one. Sadly he doesn't seem to enjoy England and he's wanted out basically ever since he arrived. 

Any team or supporter would miss what he brought when he was interested. I think we will see how hard it is to replade his goals this season