ForeverCarefree

Diego "the guv'nor" Costa

I wish for once the club would stop thinking about balancing the books and take a stand. Call his agent (is it Mendes?) and tell him in no uncertain terms that his client is in serious breach of contract. Either he comes back, does whatever the club says, including training with reserves, etc or he'll spend the next two years watching his beloved Atletico only on television in between trips to a beach and lawsuit hearings. Let Mendes know that the club has also connections in the media and we can make Costa and his agent look like a couple of right c**ts to such degree that even those not fond of CFC would be disgusted.

Enough is enough. This piece of sh*t has been treating the club like a punch bag for years now and we stood by him because he was our player while the whole world was painiting him as a w**ker. That's the thanks we get in return.

Edited by abramovich

5 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Can we fine him his full weeks wage every week that he doesn't show up?

Maybe not fine him but I think they'd be able to go down a legal route to claim back the wages through breach of contract or something like that. 

Poor old Costa.....if we stop paying him....how's he gonna manage to finance his large supply of plastic dummies to spit out ? 

I can see him in court pleading poverty crying his eyes out, whilst he scrambles around on the floor of the court kicking and screaming .....FFS 

50 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Maybe not fine him but I think they'd be able to go down a legal route to claim back the wages through breach of contract or something like that. 

I`m pretty sure we can fine him, thats probably the reason we have said he must return to the club and train with a view to being available to play, as per his contract.

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

I`m pretty sure we can fine him, thats probably the reason we have said he must return to the club and train with a view to being available to play, as per his contract.

I thought we had already fined him two weeks.

1 hour ago, Zeta said:

Can we fine him his full weeks wage every week that he doesn't show up?

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

We could just not pay him. No doubt the scope of his employment includes attending training, if he doesn't fulfil his duties we don't have to pay him.

Yeah....that's right.......it's a tricky situation dealing with a childish c$nt ........because Costa is trying his utmost to be a bigger pain in the arse than he normally is! and that takes a lot of effort, even by his terrible standards....he plainly wants a fight and wants CFC to sack him ! 

But CFC need to be very tough, but at the same time, stay calm and quietly go about their business via the legal route, using a Top Lawyer / Barrister and all of the leverage and deviousness at their disposal  ......surely they must have some influence with his money grabbing agent ? .....

If Costa doesnt report to Cobham by Monday ......Then Roman personally get involved and arrange a meet up with Costa in Madrid and sort this out .......forget about nice meals at the Ivy.....it's time for CFC to get tough with these c$unts.

2 hours ago, dkw said:

2 hours ago, coco said:

I thought we had already fined him two weeks.

I could be wrong but I believe 2 weeks wages is the maximum a player can be fined for disciplinary reasons. 

Obviously this is an ongoing problem so the rules about how often we can fine him might be different. 

1 hour ago, Samdwich said:

We could just not pay him. No doubt the scope of his employment includes attending training, if he doesn't fulfil his duties we don't have to pay him.

A contract works both ways, I don't think we can just decide to stop paying someone who has a contract... Disciplinary deputes often rumble on for months. 

There was someone at my work who basically went AWOL but was continued to be paid... To my knowledge my employer is going to attempt to reclaim the wages now their employment is officially terminated.  

Give him one last deadline to be back at Cobham, say Monday.

If he fails to turn up, take the £40m hit and let him rot unpaid in Brazil for the last 2 years of his contract. It will end his career as he doesn't have the discipline to keep himself in reasonable shape unsupervised.

52 minutes ago, startedwithglenn said:

Give him one last deadline to be back at Cobham, say Monday.

If he fails to turn up, take the £40m hit and let him rot unpaid in Brazil for the last 2 years of his contract. It will end his career as he doesn't have the discipline to keep himself in reasonable shape unsupervised.

I understand the board have asked him to return to Cobham and get himself fit for selection if the reports are to be believed. I'm sure they know he will defy their request and when he does, it is breach of contract. Then he's f**cked.

It's a shame he's such an idiot. We tend to treat our players in a very decent manner. We let Cech join the gunners because he wanted to stay in London, and we let Matic join United. If Costa had acted in the appropriate manner and handled this like a professional I'm sure we would have let him join his preferred club. Shame he has no decency about him.

There was me thinking he wanted to be sure to pencil himself in for WC next year. He is fast putting himself in a position where we might just let him rot in Lagarto for the rest of his contract. Why do it to yourself? I just don't understand this 'who's dick is longer?' contest...

Keeping him around or under contract doesn't do us any favours. He's a constant negative drain on the club so getting shot of him ASAP is what we need to do.

sell him and use whatever we get to go towards a player who will improve us is the sensible thing to do here. 

I hope the businessmen at the club are a bit smarter than letting a multi million pound asset waste away over some sort of bitter fued. We are far bigger than Diego Costa so should rid ourselves of him and rake in what we can. Best and most sensible option 

28 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

Keeping him around or under contract doesn't do us any favours. He's a constant negative drain on the club so getting shot of him ASAP is what we need to do.

sell him and use whatever we get to go towards a player who will improve us is the sensible thing to do here. 

I hope the businessmen at the club are a bit smarter than letting a multi million pound asset waste away over some sort of bitter fued. We are far bigger than Diego Costa so should rid ourselves of him and rake in what we can. Best and most sensible option 

But then again we can't just let Atletico and Costa piss all over us and laugh about it.

We can get the same money for him in January, make them wait, and give him 5 months out of football.

Just now, coco said:

But then again we can't just let Atletico and Costa piss all over us and laugh about it.

We can get the same money for him in January, make them wait, and give him 5 months out of football.

They might not want him in January and maybe no one else will after 5 months of no football. 

I'm not interested in making an example of him tbh. He's a clown but helped win two titles and if we can recoup most of what we paid out which is around 30 million then that's no bad deal. 

The longer he stays the more bad press, the more unsettled it could make the spaniards we have and tbh it's just getting tiresome in general reading about his antics while under contract.

If he stays till January and we can sell then so be it but we badly need players to come in now and we seem to have a sell before you buy policy these days for whatever reason (Stadium most likely) and I'd rather have players added to the squad than a Brazilian maniac draining our resources.

1 minute ago, Chelsbear said:

They might not want him in January and maybe no one else will after 5 months of no football. 

I'm not interested in making an example of him tbh. He's a clown but helped win two titles and if we can recoup most of what we paid out which is around 30 million then that's no bad deal. 

The longer he stays the more bad press, the more unsettled it could make the spaniards we have and tbh it's just getting tiresome in general reading about his antics while under contract.

If he stays till January and we can sell then so be it but we badly need players to come in now and we seem to have a sell before you buy policy these days for whatever reason (Stadium most likely) and I'd rather have players added to the squad than a Brazilian maniac draining our resources.

I think they are offering peanuts for him and nowhere near 30m, that's the problem, they are literally taking the urine.

3 minutes ago, coco said:

I think they are offering peanuts for him and nowhere near 30m, that's the problem, they are literally taking the urine.

Depends what you read. I've read we want over 40 million but they won't go over 25. Others have it different, problem is we don't really know what's going on or if Atletico are even serious about brining him in this summer with the ban. 

Should never have come to this but mistakes from the club and a egomaniac leave us in this situation . You would hope we have a solution sooner rather than later

Just now, Chelsbear said:

Depends what you read. I've read we want over 40 million but they won't go over 25. Others have it different, problem is we don't really know what's going on or if Atletico are even serious about brining him in this summer with the ban. 

Should never have come to this but mistakes from the club and a egomaniac leave us in this situation . You would hope we have a solution sooner rather than later

I still reckon they have offered something around 20m as a "lets take him off your hands" kind of offer.

26 minutes ago, coco said:

We should charge them for said urine. It's a marketable commodity.