ForeverCarefree

Diego "the guv'nor" Costa

3 hours ago, big blue said:

Spanish window shuts in 4 hours. If it doesn't go through then will we name him in the squad? Definitely have a foreign space for him, and it will help our case should he take it to court he's been forced out. 

I think there is still about 8 hours more to go. 

27 minutes ago, didierforever said:

I think there is still about 8 hours more to go. 

I think we should close this particular thread comletely down ......Diego is definately not the Guvnor......CFC are the Guvnor's ! 

By all means ...Start a new thread .....titled ......Diego is a complete a idiot ! 

Edited by Maidstone Blue
Diego is a Complete "A" class Idiot

3 minutes ago, IliyaKrostin said:

If Chelsea include him in the squad, Costa doesn't make himself available to play, i.e fitness, and not being in England, then Costa appears to be the one to breach the contract. 

Doubtless I'm being naive but having him available and prepared to do a job, even until Jan would give us so many more options. He's still got a WC squad place to play for surely. Firmly believe the situation is redeemable even for a short term....he may be a complete twat with Feijoadas for brains but for the moment he's still our twat.

Don't want him in the squad if he's going to cause trouble for Conte or the squad. Should've just sold him to Atletico on an instalment basis. Obviously they can't afford the full money so why not just let them pay some now and the rest later? Not as if we need the money as his presence could end up costing us even more. 

Anyway, after the way he's treated the club, don't care if he scores 100 goals I'll never respect or want him here. To hell with him. 

Edited by Drogbaholic

13 minutes ago, Drogbaholic said:

Don't want him in the squad if he's going to cause trouble for Conte or the squad. Should've just sold him to Atletico on an instalment basis. Obviously they can't afford the full money so why not just let them pay some now and the rest later? Not as if we need the money as his presence could end up costing us even more. 

Anyway, after the way he's treated the club, don't care if he scores 100 goals I'll never respect or want him here. To hell with him. 

Normally I would agree. But he was probably our most influential player last season. Having him fit and wanting to play significantly improves our squad AND starting 11. Think we'd compete in all competitions having him too

We're just going through the motions to adhere to our part of his contract with us.

If he turned up super fit and ready to go, apologised to the club, made a public statement apologising for f**king the club about, and drop to his knees in Antonios' office pleading for mercy......then and only then can we consider playing him.

STrange that no deal was concluded for him and that he is named in our squad.

could he be back with us ? To have him and morata up front would be formidable if things were right

1 minute ago, Jezq8 said:

STrange that no deal was concluded for him and that he is named in our squad.

could he be back with us ? To have him and morata up front would be formidable if things were right

Probably Atleti not stumping up enough cash. This also prevents him from taking us to court since officially we have him in our squad and he's the one not turning up for work

3 hours ago, Osgood is Good said:

If Chelsea include him in the squad, Costa doesn't make himself available to play, i.e fitness, and not being in England, then Costa appears to be the one to breach the contract. 

He's already breached by not turning up this year. He will argue Conte's text forced his constructive dismissal 

Can't help feeling pleased that he didn't get his way and we didn't  a) sell him for below market value  b) loan him to Everton....spit...(never really thought that was a starter, he wasn't happy in London so why would he want to move to Liverpool? - but I was still a bit worried, even so!)

Sort of have this daydream where he and Antonio have a massive reconciliation where they pledge their undying love, Diego becomes the second coming, storms the league (or Champions League, I'm not fussy) and they all live happily every after.  

Ah well, it's always entertaining following and supporting Chelsea.  Never a dull moment, eh?

Board covering their backside, he can stay away & keep getting  fined his weekly wages or return & train with the kids until January.  Can't see a way back but thought that with Tevez & Mancini.

He's already breached by not turning up this year. He will argue Conte's text forced his constructive dismissal 
Bit of a stretch as it requires the plaintiff to prove intolerable work conditions. Not sure how that is possible from that text. Either way, his behaviour is disgusting.

Covering our backs, if we refused to register him and continued to fine; id imagine there is some muddy legal issue. Bordering constructive dismissal.

It would take some serious backpedalling and apologising publicly to get him back in the team. I wouldnt be dead set against it, but last few weeks, despite loving the guy, ive wanted him gone

Makes me wonder, did Atletico really  want him back?

Edited by RickUK