Diego "the guv'nor" Costa

Well he hasnt gone to athletico, so in all cases we have him until January, named in the squad because the fact is he is a Chelsea's player, Spanish window closed, playing him is an other thing however.

I assume he will want to play until January being its the World Cup next summer, the fact is we need another striker, with all the bs last season he still showed he can deliver on the pitch, if he apologised publicly we would be stupid not to play him, he could even form a striking partnership that would carry over to the Spain squad. 

It should be added he has been left out of the CL squad. 

Edited by DonAntonio

The club needs to hire a mediator and get him back here and training. Tell him that if he comes back we'll pay his fines to a hospital near his Brazilian hometown. Surely something could be done.

I wonder if Diego blames Atletico at all. Bunch of cheap c**ts who will sell greizmann for 100+ million but won't pay what Deigo is worth.

1 hour ago, ivorycoast said:

The club needs to hire a mediator and get him back here and training. Tell him that if he comes back we'll pay his fines to a hospital near his Brazilian hometown. Surely something could be done.

I wonder if Diego blames Atletico at all. Bunch of cheap c**ts who will sell greizmann for 100+ million but won't pay what Deigo is worth.

They were prepared to shell out 50m for Lacazette but didn't think Costa was worth that apparently.

If he's smart, he'll have a sit down with Conte and apologise. Put his head down and play whatever games he can get between now and January. There's a chance that Atletico will still not be willing to pay what he's worth so it's possible he could even be here the whole season. In that case, it would be wise for him to patch things up with Conte as much as possible.

Hahahahhahahahahaha.

The c**t has got exactly what he DESERVES.

ATM has screwed him twice over and this time majorly.

Cant see Conte playing, cant see Costa swallowing his pride and apologizing personally and publicly to conte which would mean no football for the c**t for 6 months in a world cup year. And even after that, not sure what his future is. This ended quite well for the c**t. Enjoyable.

9 hours ago, venom2011 said:
10 hours ago, southlondonblue said:
He's already breached by not turning up this year. He will argue Conte's text forced his constructive dismissal 

Bit of a stretch as it requires the plaintiff to prove intolerable work conditions. Not sure how that is possible from that text. Either way, his behaviour is disgusting.

I would presume he would argue the mutual implied obligation in a contract of respect was breached. If my boss text me on a Friday saying 'thanks for your work, you're not in my plans from Monday' I'd say thats a pretty good reason for me not to come in. It's a good argument both way.

I would presume he would argue the mutual implied obligation in a contract of respect was breached. If my boss text me on a Friday saying 'thanks for your work, you're not in my plans from Monday' I'd say thats a pretty good reason for me not to come in. It's a good argument both way.
Your boss though, has the capability to dismiss you. Conte is essentially just a higher-ranked employee at the club. And that is without factoring-in the supposed understanding by all parties concerned, that Costa would leave in January.
2 hours ago, enigma said:

if conte sat him down and they talked it out that if he stays until jan he'll be sold. unlikely though. 

Conte doesn't have to do anything. If he wants to play he has to go to conte, get on his knees, kiss his hand and apologise to him, his teammates, Roman and the fans. 

He wants to go back to Spain and not happy here; which is perfectly understandable but he's gone about it in the completely wrong way. 

2 hours ago, Brutos said:

Conte doesn't need to do anything to this spoilt brat of a player, this summer has probably been the worst for players going in strike VVD, dembele, Costa Coutinho. Clubs need to stand up to player power it's getting out of hand

Very true regarding players on strike. Sadly it is a reflection of today's entitled society, throw a tantrum and scream if you can't get your own way.

Discalimer: Just treat this post as my fantasy...

Once upon a time there was a champion manager named Conte..He wanted to buy another world class striker but realised his director of football was a stingy b***h..

He then scripted a drama of fallout with his main striker and managed to get his wish...

Now the happy gaffer made peace with Costa and all the 3 of costa conte morata lived happily ever after..

He might be a man child and he may have a bit of an arsehooe on him he clearly is willing to use, but he is bloody good, and even with all the sh*t circling him last season he was a pro on the pitch and in training.

Fans on here (and only on here) that would rather we run morata into the ground in the PL and CL or bring in Michy to watch him do his daddy long legs in the wind routine than get over it have him apologise and have a squad that can defend our title and have a real shot in the CL, need to get a grip of reality.

He was petulant to the manager he didn't shag any of your missus' it happens, besides he always said he still loves the club and fans, he was wrong he knows it, but he has been played as the pantomime villain since arriving in England that gets to a person after a while, he is a human, some of you need to get off your high horse and think what's best for Chelsea as a club.

Is there an argument he can disrupt the changing room? Maybe but he is in contact with all his mates anyway, Tibo doesn't take it seriously or as a major offence to the club obviously by his last tweet.

So if his team mates still like him and support him why can't we, plus a happy playing Costa that's eaten humble pie is better than a rouge one still in touch with his pals at Chelsea if disruption is the concern.  

Calling him a "c**t" and so on is honestly dramatic and says more about the people posting than Costa, I make no secret of my distaste for the abilities of marina and why I think she fails but I never stoop to that, it's vulgar. 

42 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

He might be a man child and he may have a bit of an arsehooe on him he clearly is willing to use, but he is bloody good, and even with all the sh*t circling him last season he was a pro on the pitch and in training.

Fans on here (and only on here) that would rather we run morata into the ground in the PL and CL or bring in Michy to watch him do his daddy long legs in the wind routine than get over it have him apologise and have a squad that can defend our title and have a real shot in the CL, need to get a grip of reality.

He was petulant to the manager he didn't shag any of your missus' it happens, besides he always said he still loves the club and fans, he was wrong he knows it, but he has been played as the pantomime villain since arriving in England that gets to a person after a while, he is a human, some of you need to get off your high horse and think what's best for Chelsea as a club.

Is there an argument he can disrupt the changing room? Maybe but he is in contact with all his mates anyway, Tibo doesn't take it seriously or as a major offence to the club obviously by his last tweet.

So if his team mates still like him and support him why can't we, plus a happy playing Costa that's eaten humble pie is better than a rouge one still in touch with his pals at Chelsea if disruption is the concern.  

Calling him a "c**t" and so on is honestly dramatic and says more about the people posting than Costa, I make no secret of my distaste for the abilities of marina and why I think she fails but I never stoop to that, it's vulgar. 

Simply because the call is not for the club to make but the manager. 

The club's stance is they expect him to come and get fit in training and make himself available for selection. (Fair enough)

The manager's stance is Costa has played his last game for him (Fair enough)

The club cannot and should not force any manager to play any player. 

Feel free to make any arguments for the player but some of your points are debatable. 

1. He was a pro on and off the pitch. (I'd prefer to say he delivered the goods. His behaviour, frankly was nothing short of embarrassing for a professional )

2. He was petulant......(We don't know what exactly went on. We did hear Conte lost his rag, they exchanged words, we know he was dropped and when back into the team never hit the form from before the window so much so we had to depend on Michy and his daddy long legs routine in a few of the games to do the business, Conte says he and his agent knew since January he was leaving. Conte and his agent haven't disputed that point. Hell a lot of us already felt he would be leaving come the summer, which was what we were all hoping to be the outcome when the January China thing came up anyway

Ridiculing your manager and club isn't petulance. It bothers on a lack of morals and disregard for authority. Conte played the game and achieved excellence at all levels in a career spanning 20 years as a footballer and as a manager has already managed bigger players so Costa needs to clean up his act).

3. Loving the club and fans. (That is so cliche. And here's another....Action speaks louder than words)

4. He was wrong and he knows it. (Does he? If he did, he would be more contrite. The club offered an olive branch by asking him to report to training and compete for a spot, does that not mean they were willing to mediate at least to an extent? What more should they do. Fly out to Brazil to cuddle him up and wait on his every need?

He has undermined the club at every turn. Talking about the text in a presser, saying we must sell him where he wants to go, trying to basically force the clubs hand. The Atletico he seems to want to go and die for didn't seem to think he was worth that much anyway else they would have paid what we wanted. They are just looking to maximise the situation and get him for as cheap as possible.

I'm not really about who was wrong or that, both sides have their faults but i'm old school maybe so i'd say he needs to give respect to Authority and be humble. On his day he will terrorise the best defence in the world and as a fan i'll be happy to have him in my team but he's actually making it difficult for the club and easy for Conte. He has even been registered in squad. Not champions league as that's probably so he's not cup tied if and when he does get bought in January. I'm not even going to deny it I love the player Costa but the man......

He should mend fences with the Club and the Conte. Then if Conte has a change of heart, fine. But if Conte says he doesn't want him anywhere near his first team, i'm in support. That's his right as the manager. He also needs to ask people in the club about a certain Bogarde and Malouda.

41 minutes ago, abister1 said:

The club's stance is they expect him to come and get fit in training and make himself available for selection. (Fair enough)

Feel free to make any arguments for the player but some of your points are debatable. 

1. He was a pro on and off the pitch. (I'd prefer to say he delivered the goods. His behaviour, frankly was nothing short of embarrassing for a professional )

2. He was petulant......(We don't know what exactly went on. We did hear Conte lost his rag, they exchanged words, we know he was dropped and when back into the team never hit the form from before the window so much so we had to depend on Michy and his daddy long legs routine in a few of the games to do the business, Conte says he and his agent knew since January he was leaving. Conte and his agent haven't disputed that point. Hell a lot of us already felt he would be leaving come the summer, which was what we were all hoping to be the outcome when the January China thing came up anyway

Ridiculing your manager and club isn't petulance. It bothers on a lack of morals and disregard for authority. Conte played the game and achieved excellence at all levels in a career spanning 20 years as a footballer and as a manager has already managed bigger players so Costa needs to clean up his act).

3. Loving the club and fans. (That is so cliche. And here's another....Action speaks louder than words)

4. He was wrong and he knows it. (Does he? If he did, he would be more contrite. The club offered an olive branch by asking him to report to training and compete for a spot, does that not mean they were willing to mediate at least to an extent? What more should they do. Fly out to Brazil to cuddle him up and wait on his every need?

He has undermined the club at every turn. Talking about the text in a presser, saying we must sell him where he wants to go, trying to basically force the clubs hand. The Atletico he seems to want to go and die for didn't seem to think he was worth that much anyway else they would have paid what we wanted. They are just looking to maximise the situation and get him for as cheap as possible.

I'm not really about who was wrong or that, both sides have their faults but i'm old school maybe so i'd say he needs to give respect to Authority and be humble. On his day he will terrorise the best defence in the world and as a fan i'll be happy to have him in my team but he's actually making it difficult for the club and easy for Conte. He has even been registered in squad. Not champions league as that's probably so he's not cup tied if and when he does get bought in January. I'm not even going to deny it I love the player Costa but the man......

He should mend fences with the Club and the Conte. Then if Conte has a change of heart, fine. But if Conte says he doesn't want him anywhere near his first team, i'm in support. That's his right as the manager. He also needs to ask people in the club about a certain Bogarde and Malouda.

Excellent arguments...

35 minutes ago, abister1 said:

That's a lot to answer but I'll try and give a few point first misquoting isn't the way to get a point across I didn't say pro "on and off the pitch" I said on the pitch and in training, it was by far his best behaved season on the field every pundit commented on it and he worked hard in training according to conte. 

Honestly the rest of it is too authotarian for me, I think you need to cheer up a bit, as you said we don't know what went on but we do know he handled it wrong, he is human and humans make mistakes, especially highly paid greatly praised ones. 

I think this overly judgmental scorning attitude is Bullsh*t to be frank, the bottom line for me is we could use his services he is s great player, we pay his wages.

The best for all involved is for him and the manager to make amends, the club want him back training, as they should, him and morata are potentially a deadly combination a dick measuring contest doesn't help anyone, If the manager can't see past that after an apology if he received one then for me it's not the right choice for reasons stated. 

In the mean time I think some of the posters should pipe down a bit with their scornful judgments based on hearsay, beyond him responding like an arse we don't know anything that's gone on in reality, I'm sure he is in the wrong but he will have his side of the story he isn't going to just rebel for fun, so far we haven't heard it and I couldn't give a sh*t to, he is good and we pay him so he should play.

It amazed me and I don't like to keep bringing it up but we have a player who killed a girl and no one moans "oh he made a mistake" " he is a good pro" yes and also an irresponsible arse that left a 19 year old girl dead and her family devastated, yet people are fine with that, because he is likeable, but hey I believe in second chances so if Alonso gets a pass for that Costa can't get one for taking the hump...f**king sheer selective anger based on what, do you know the guy, do you know the situation? 

This fake rage is cringe worthy, he was rebellious, childish and handled the situation wrong, he was also disrespectful, he owes all involved an apology, if he gives it I have no problem watching him bang in 20 goals for us and firing us to another title, because if he does that (apologises) and starts scoring it will all. E forgotten in a month and you'll find yourself a lonely angry chap