ForeverCarefree

Diego "the guv'nor" Costa

15 hours ago, didierforever said:

Exactly. 

So tomorrow Hazard can basically not turn up for half a season, loiter around in belgian doing circuses, call our manager whatever names he pleases, threaten the club to sue them on fake grounds... Just so that he can get his transfer. And if he does not, all he has to do is say sorry, and everything will be hunky dory?

I hope we make Costa rot on the reserves for 6 months and increase his price to his actual market value - 70mil if ATM want him, pay it or f**k off.

Well said that man..
Lets see who bends first, he's the one not playing, or training or being paid. We will roll on as we have for a century plus, in a years time it will be Costa who ???
f**k him and his agent :mad:

12 hours ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

"Since", just admit you're taking the piss. It's neither foreign nor strange. 

I have a dirty little confession, I lived in Canada for a few years as my misus is from Toronto and I've used that terrible word on more than one occasion :face_palm:

Not in the CL squad. That's that then.

Goalkeepers: Willy Caballero, Thibaut Courtois, Eduardo

Defenders: Antonio Rüdiger, Marcos Alonso, Davide Zappacosta, Gary Cahill, Andreas Christensen, Cesar Azpilicueta, David Luiz, Jake Clarke-Salter

Midfielders: Cesc Fàbregas, Danny Drinkwater, N’Golo Kanté, Eden Hazard, Pedro Rodriguez, Tiemoue Bakayoko, Victor Moses, Kenedy, Charly Musonda, Willian, Kyle Scott

Forwards: Alvaro Morata, Michy Batshuayi

Source: UEFA

Powerful statement by Eden Hazard about DC

‘Diego and I have been playing together for three years, we have won everything together except for the Champions League.

‘It’s a pleasure to play with him, he’s a top player and a top person. I would like to see him come back, but I don’t make the decisions. I hope he can find a solution so that we can see him back on the pitch soon.’

4 hours ago, robdog said:

Powerful statement by Eden Hazard about DC

‘Diego and I have been playing together for three years, we have won everything together except for the Champions League.

‘It’s a pleasure to play with him, he’s a top player and a top person. I would like to see him come back, but I don’t make the decisions. I hope he can find a solution so that we can see him back on the pitch soon.’

I keep saying his team mates want him back it and we know it will help us win games, amazes me fans don't, calling him a c**t and every scornful thing under the sun stop taking things personally it sounds petty. 

5 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

I keep saying his team mates want him back it and we know it will help us win games, amazes me fans don't, calling him a c**t and every scornful thing under the sun stop taking things personally it sounds petty. 

Costa should only be re-introduced to the squad In the unlikely event that Conte wants him back playing.  The rest is irrelevent.

Players may want Diego back, but this club needs to get a grip on player power, and interviews like this from Eden (and the twitter message from Courtois as well) do not help anyone. If there was pressure to re-integrate Diego against Contes will, then I can see him walking.

1 hour ago, nonotnowjim said:

Costa should only be re-introduced to the squad In the unlikely event that Conte wants him back playing.  The rest is irrelevent.

Players may want Diego back, but this club needs to get a grip on player power, and interviews like this from Eden (and the twitter message from Courtois as well) do not help anyone. If there was pressure to re-integrate Diego against Contes will, then I can see him walking.

Not sure he would walk that easily, firstly he is at a top club, top club jobs don't come about that often, second he is on a huge pay packet that he would forfeit and lastly it would hurt his rep, he did that at juve, if he does it twice will a club hire a manager at a top club who is likely to walk out on them if he doesn't get his way, that would seriously hurt his reputation, managers walking is rare 2 clubs in a row would be harmful and he is clever he knows that. He won't be walking, he will see out his contract at least. 

1 hour ago, DonAntonio said:

Not sure he would walk that easily, firstly he is at a top club, top club jobs don't come about that often, second he is on a huge pay packet that he would forfeit and lastly it would hurt his rep, he did that at juve, if he does it twice will a club hire a manager at a top club who is likely to walk out on them if he doesn't get his way, that would seriously hurt his reputation, managers walking is rare 2 clubs in a row would be harmful and he is clever he knows that. He won't be walking, he will see out his contract at least. 

This is a very sensitive issue Don. I agree with the points you make as per Conte walking and also the players wanting him back but don't forget Diego is a strong character and it is natural for his teammates to want him back or be more forgiving as they will place themselves in his shoes.

Also Diego gets a free pass from most of the players and staff because of his eccentricities. I have seen JT in an interview make an offhand comment something along the lines of "it's Diego, Diego does what he wants"

Now these players are of similar age, maturity, responsibility, and most importantly accountability levels all different to the manager so perspectives will differ.

In an age where player power reigns supreme, the club needs to make sure that Costa coming back in the team is because the manager wants him and not due to the pressure his teammates have put on them. 

It sends the wrong signal to the rest of the team and sets a dangerous precedent if player power sways any decision here. 

Keeping in mind what I once read: of the people that know you, generally speaking one third likes you, one third is indifferent, and one third hates you, I don't think every player and every staff member will welcome baxk Costa with open arms. Think about your own working environment. If a colleague is petulantly refusing to come to work, and then is allowed to return while you've been working hard and keeping your nose clean, would you be thrilled, even if that colleague would improve your team (although not always)? I would be pissed. 

Costa would have to mend more than just Conte's fence -  so to speak - if he returns, as I see it. 

IMHO Don Antonio will not take DC back - this whole situation took a turn for the worse with that text message from Don Antonio - Don Antonio must have beef w/ DC & didn't want him back this season - shame that the upper management didn't intervene & sort this communication breakdown (great Led Zeppelin song btw) out 

5 hours ago, DonAntonio said:

He's hardly going to say "I hate Costa and we need to get rid" is he? 

Also like others have said, Costa should play ONLY if Conte wants to. His decision should be final and no one at the club should force him if he doesn't want to.

Edited by Drogbaholic

2 hours ago, robdog said:

IMHO Don Antonio will not take DC back - this whole situation took a turn for the worse with that text message from Don Antonio - Don Antonio must have beef w/ DC & didn't want him back this season - shame that the upper management didn't intervene & sort this communication breakdown (great Led Zeppelin song btw) out 

Read your post and all I could think of was that chilling laugh when Conte was asked about Costa.

If Fergie can do it with Van Nistelrooy, Keane and Beckham, I don't see why Conte can't do it with Costa. Costa's a very good striker for us but his attitude throughout all of this.

The club should stand by Conte and only allow Costa to play if he makes amends to everyone. 

Perhaps we can ask him to give us one more season then he can f*ck off to A.Madrid.

I'd love to see Costa and Morata up top together, or at least have Diego or Morata as a back up depending on form.

I've only seen a little of Morata, who looks like an intelligent player but I absolutely love Costa's thuggish style. Pure aggression and power!

1 hour ago, Kev56 said:

makes perfect sense - remember this season from last September?

dc_ds_zps7bbtszp3.png

I wondered if this set Don Antonio off a little bit. I would expect Don Antonio wanting loyalty from his players. I am sure he knows where DC's loyalty lie. Oh well, I can't be too mad because DC did help CFC win two EPL Titles. I don't want him around if he has dreams for Madrid's Siestas.

Bringing back Diego sounds like a terrible idea, or no, wait, sounds like Emenalo's idea. He didnt do his job and now he's trying to fill the gaps, by attempting to expose Conte, 'cuz Roman wants an explanation and the boss is not happy at all. And this c*** Emenalo sees the light with this intrigue. Don't ever forget that he just took his license for coaching. That's his next target - he's started from the bottom and he really believes that he is the next Zidane. Conte must pay attention, like he himself loves to say . :D 

Let's look at this from another perspective, not that conspirative. Right now Costa is better player than Morata. That's just a fact. Alvaro may be in a good shape at the moment, but he won't reach Diego's stats from his two champions season, I'm sure about this. But can anyone enlight me what's the point to buy super expensive young and talanted player and to bring back the old one, a true trouble maker and pain in the a*s? That just doesn't make any sense. We've always known that Costa came here for 2-3, max 4 years. That was just typical Jose transfer. Morata isn't. He is 24, that means he can stay at least 7-8 years in club and some bonus after that in the role of mentor and legend. Let's not ruin this, in order to save Emenalo's dirty a**. Please. I hope, with all my respect, Diego doesn't come back.