ForeverCarefree

Diego "the guv'nor" Costa

Drogba did a decent job last season, won us some important games aswell

Name me a game he won for us, he played like what it was, a legend in his last throws, still got it upstairs but the body was weak.

Name me a game he won for us, he played like what it was, a legend in his last throws, still got it upstairs but the body was weak.

I never said he played to how old level but he played well enough and hot us back into several games

He won the league cup game against Shrewsbury, yes not the best opponents but that was an import game given that we went in to win that cup. He also played very well against Spurs at home, the United game where we won 1-0 at the Bridge he did a good job and the Leicester game he got us back in it when we were a goal down.

Bully from gooner fan tv said that DC was trying to spit on the goonie faithful :ohmy: he was just going on how DC is an animal

When Zouma scored yesterday, he ran past the Arsenal fans to get in front of ours. I saw Bully try to swipe him from the first row. Bitter c**t.

Regarding Costa. No need to slap and thrust his hands into Laurent. Can't blame him for standing up to Gabriel though.

He needs to keep his head down and behave. Referees are gonna look for any excuse to penalise him.

Missed the match and have only just caught the full 90, so I'm pretty late to this discussion.

For me, once again, Costa showed just how exceptional he is at reading a referee, and taking every advantage he can get away with. Perhaps I'm overestimating just how shrewd a player he is, but no red cards in three years, with his apparent 'anger issues', suggests this is a man who is always aware of what he is doing.

Yes, he's constantly in the spotlight, I suspect most of the media have cameras on him for the duration just to jump on any potential outrage. Yet he continues to evade in-match punishment for his exaggerated 'crimes'.

Sometimes you need every advantage you can get to win. Costa always seems to grab the most. There's very few players in world football I'd swap for him right now.

When Zouma scored yesterday, he ran past the Arsenal fans to get in front of ours. I saw Bully try to swipe him from the first row. Bitter c**t.

Yes same here! I instantly recognised that it was Bully as well who was trying to swipe Zouma.

Regarding Costa. No need to slap and thrust his hands into Laurent. Can't blame him for standing up to Gabriel though.

He needs to keep his head down and behave. Referees are gonna look for any excuse to penalise him.

What a d**khead calls cech a pussy for wearing a silly hat that he has to wear for reasons we all know about yet he's in he's 50s wearing a bandana and cechs Jersey lol.

His header vs United should have been enough to win us that game early in the season. It wasn't but it should have been.

But as a general point i agree with you that he didn't contribute much last year

The initial problem had nothing to do with Gabriel he involved himself and paid the price. Wenger also called the ref weak perhaps he should get punished for that.

All last season rival players did their best to provoke Costa and get him sent off ,they know he could start a fight with his own reflection, light the blue touch paper etc. He is already a marked man so yesterdays events won't change that. I love Costa's combative nature but I realise not everyone has the stomach for it. I was glad to see he got his mojo back yesterday a most enjoyable performance.

When teams play us, it is an accepted tactic for defenders to use the 'dark arts' to wind him up. No pundit or journalist has ever written a word condemning teams for this approach, which basically amounts to trying to get him sent off. Yes, Costa could have had a red for making contact with Koscielny's face, but the sh!te he's getting in the media for everything else he did yesterday is beyond a joke.

And the sanctimonious bleating from Arsenal fans is hypocrisy of the worst kind. On their last three visits to the Bridge (when their beautiful football has yielded zero goals) they have had three red cards. Yesterday, Koscielny's two footer on Oscar should have been a red card but Dean ignored it. Last season they should have had FIVE reds: one for Koscielny for his trip on Hazard when clean through. One for Sanchez for punching Ivan. One for Wellbeck for a two-footer on Fabregas. One for chambers who was let off a second yellow after a cynical foul. And one for Whinger for shoving Jose. You can add in Ospina knocking out Oscar which was a blatant red last season.

They are officially the team with the worst disciplinary record in Prem history, and get the media are so up their a**es that they are always portrayed as a club with class who play the game the right way. Utter bollox, in my view. And Wenger is the most ungracious loser in the game, as Jose correctly pointed out after the game.

Nice to see Diego gets more support here than on talk chelsea, they hate him there.

They're a bunch of plastics on there, they turn on players in an instant.

Edited by Floyd25

When teams play us, it is an accepted tactic for defenders to use the 'dark arts' to wind him up. No pundit or journalist has ever written a word condemning teams for this approach, which basically amounts to trying to get him sent off. Yes, Costa could have had a red for making contact with Koscielny's face, but the sh!te he's getting in the media for everything else he did yesterday is beyond a joke.

And the sanctimonious bleating from Arsenal fans is hypocrisy of the worst kind. On their last three visits to the Bridge (when their beautiful football has yielded zero goals) they have had three red cards. Yesterday, Koscielny's two footer on Oscar should have been a red card but Dean ignored it. Last season they should have had FIVE reds: one for Koscielny for his trip on Hazard when clean through. One for Sanchez for punching Ivan. One for Wellbeck for a two-footer on Fabregas. One for chambers who was let off a second yellow after a cynical foul. And one for Whinger for shoving Jose. You can add in Ospina knocking out Oscar which was a blatant red last season.

They are officially the team with the worst disciplinary record in Prem history, and get the media are so up their a**es that they are always portrayed as a club with class who play the game the right way. Utter bollox, in my view. And Wenger is the most ungracious loser in the game, as Jose correctly pointed out after the game.

Tremendous and accurate rant

For me, that's the crux. The ref takes a dim view of his hand in Koscielny's face, and he's off, and we're up against it. We go on to lose and a lot of people defending him here would be crucifying him.

Gabriel was stupid, very very stupid, and we got the advantage, but we could easily have been a man down instead.

So, Jose gets them in at half-time and gives out his instructions, telling the team how we're going to beat a team with 10 men. He also tells Costa to watch his step, as the ref will be just looking for an excuse to send him off. Costa didn't go anywhere near a challenge second-half, and then, late on, when we were 2-0 up, he couldn't help himself, and barged into Oxlade-Chamberlain needlessly, and Jose immediately subbed him, with Costa muttering things to himself as he came off, like he hadn't done anything wrong. Well he had, he had disobeyed Mourinho, and in that moment, showed he couldn't be trusted, his temperament got the better of him. Jose made a big play about emotional control after the game. You can bet he's saying the same thing to Costa in private. For me, he lost a little bit of control yesterday.

Incidentally, there's footage of a previous skirmish between Gabriel and Costa when they both played in Spain. Costa nudges Gabriel and Gabriel goes down like he's been shot and gets Costa booked. If anyone can post that please do.

Edit: Actually, I'm not sure Costa got booked, but while we can castigate Gabriel for his fall, and we don't know what happened before, the nudge is typical Costa, and there's no point anyone denying it. Now, all well and good, it's just a nudge, it didn't kill anyone, it's a man's game and all that, but, he gets spotted doing anything like that again, and he'll be off, that's the rod he's created for his own back.

Spot-on Davey, except when Costa made that challenge on Chamberlain late on the score was still only 1-0 and the game wasn't won. I was screaming for Jose to take him off throughout the second half.

I love the bloke but he always looks a red card waiting to happen. We got lucky yesterday (not with the result, I mean keeping 10 men on the pitch) and the coaching team have to try and calm him down a bit and try and ensure he stills plays with that edge but controls his emotions a bit more.

They're a bunch of plastics on there, they turn on players in an instant.

You don't think it's annoying watching him resort to his antics in EVERY.SINGLE.GAME. There would be way more support for him if it wasn't so frequent.

You don't think it's annoying watching him resort to his antics in EVERY.SINGLE.GAME. There would be way more support for him if it wasn't so frequent.

Every single game? I seem to remember in many games last season he was busy scoring goals. I'm not denying he can go too far at times, but that really doesn't warrant verbal abuse from his own fans, but I'm not surprised that posters on that forum hate him, they are the same people who turned on Frank Lampard in an instant and then turned on Cech, we're all Chelsea fans, but there are quite a few idiots on that forum.

on a similar note, no team is ever criticised for consistently hacking down the most talented player in the country purely because they can find no other way of stopping him. not saying players should be villified for targeting hazard, after all we do the same to messi when we play barca, but costa cant be the only player in the premier league who is guilty of foul/aggressive play, despite what they say

Be interesting to see if Costa gets banned for what he did to Koscielny, considering how many times Van Persie was let off.

Apparently it all depends on whether Mike Dean saw the incident with Koscielny or not. If he didn't then Costa will get a 3 match ban for violent conduct. 

I thought he had a pretty good game even we don't talk about the red card. He ran channel well, took on defenders, and linked up well. He's a lot better when he doesn't have to play back to the goal on his own. He had a clear penalty turned down in the second half, when 2 Arsenal players shoulder charged him onto the turf.

I thought there was no problem in the initial tussle with the French defender, the drag and pull is the standard defensive technique these days. He over raced with the chest bump, yellow card was fine. Then it's completely madness from the Gabriel guy, and let's say he's a completely thug for kicking out. I would have respected him a bit more had he thrown a punch face to face. Sneaky kick in front of referee, what the f* were you thinking? Someone he's the innocent teenager who lost his cool in media's eyes, give me a f* break. Last year Cesc did something similar, we all had a go at him and rightly so. Somehow the media was able to find excuse and defence for Gabriel just because he kicked Costa. Cost coped plenty from defenders in the past, including a forearm to the arm in the City game, surprisingly people like Craig Burley wasn't outraged by that.

It's no doubt Costa will be the targeted man from now ( if he's not already). He has every right to react, but in certain games like the one coming up against Newcastle, you know they are just going to try everything to get on his nerves. This kind of game where we should win just by playing our normal football, I hope Costa will hold his aggression back a little, and more focus on scoring

He's  a Legend! ::clap2::

Look at that face. How can anyone truly be mad at him. Cheeky chappy.

All joking aside I know some people are getting fed up of his antics but what we all know is one of his greatest strengths is equally one of his greatest weaknesses. His extreme compedativeness and nasty streak are a double edged sword, sometimes it's going to work for us (like against Arsenal) and other times it won't (Can incident). It's interesting to note he's not been sent off since 2011, suggests the man is a in a lot more control than may may feel,

post-12877-0-20870300-1442791646_thumb.jpg

on a similar note, no team is ever criticised for consistently hacking down the most talented player in the country purely because they can find no other way of stopping him. not saying players should be villified for targeting hazard, after all we do the same to messi when we play barca, but costa cant be the only player in the premier league who is guilty of foul/aggressive play, despite what they say

This is always something that peeves me.

Drogba used to get absolutely mauled when he played for us and yet he has a reputation as a diver. I remember Vidic literally putting wrestling holds on him at OT and nobody said a word about it. Dunno if its because he had a bad rep or it was us he played for but he was constantly getting mugged and it was slipped under the rug

My word what an excellent post.

When you have a deluded c* like Wenger as the manager for decades, the players and fans all follow suit. There's always excuses, always the glory in defeat, and always the money to be saved. I'm surprised their players didn't take a victory selfie in the locker room, maybe Cech was the sane one that stopped them. If the referee was on our side, would had 2 penalties easily. I suppose by talking up the injustice, no one remembered how sh1t Ozil, Sanchez and everyone else was, even with 11 on the field