Diego "the guv'nor" Costa

it's a crying shame he is looking like a player who cba, because there really are very few, if any, top strikers out there who would be available next summer, let alone in january. i think we should start becoming more ambitious in the transfer market and really start seriously enquiring about players such as lewandowski etc, offer big bucks to come here. f**k it, if man city are ballsy (or delusional) enough to prepare wage offerings of half a million for messi, then we may as well start trying to tempt these top players to the club in a similar (albeit realistic) manner. for too long we've divvered about in the market for average players, but if we have any ambition to be up there with the very best in the world, we need to start proving our ambitions are real. when i hear us being linked to vardy and other calibre of players i shake my head because these players are nowhere near world class, or even the kind of players we should be bringing to this club.  

Edited by enigma

This is what I expected Costa to be like from the very beginning to be honest. He surprised me at the beginning of last season and made me eat my words. I was still pretty annoyed with his dives and constant urge to pick a fight but when you score goals all of that is forgotten. With his current form and attitude I wouldn't mind if he was off. Problem is, who is going to replace him?

This is what I expected Costa to be like from the very beginning to be honest. He surprised me at the beginning of last season and made me eat my words. I was still pretty annoyed with his dives and constant urge to pick a fight but when you score goals all of that is forgotten. With his current form and attitude I wouldn't mind if he was off. Problem is, who is going to replace him?

I was the same, i was completely against Costa signing because of his behaviour, but the way he played up to Christmas was a welcome surprise. But this season.........well, he was picking too many fights early on in the season, he keeps diving, he isn't making runs into the right area, and he just looks lazy. He's turning out to be the player i didn't want us to sign. He seem's to have cut down on the fighting with defenders, but it look's like he has cut down on everything else too, the stuff that made him a lethal striker.

I really hope he turns it around soon.

So let's see, he's overweight and disinterested, he was rightly banned for three games for his embarrassing carry-on against Arsenal, he's been sh*t all season, we score the opener on Tuesday and instead of celebrating with his teammates he turns around and starts a fight with one of our opponents, he's basically more interested in having a bit of argy bargy than playing, he fails to warm up with the rest of the squad before the match today, clearly he feels he's too good to be sub, his warm up towards the end of the match on the touchline was embarrassing, most strikers would be chomping at the bit to come on with ten minutes to go with the game a stalemate, he throws his bib off in an act of petulance, which is particularly galling given all the turmoil this season and the need for unity.

Anyone excusing his behaviour today needs to look at themselves. He doesn't give a f**k about Chelsea. Attitudes like his can spread like wildfire. We need to get rid as soon as possible.