Diego "the guv'nor" Costa

Garbage at utd, garbage when played with us, injured most of the time. Complete waste if time.

i accept your opinion. i just personally feel he needs a run of games, which he hasn't had at either utd or chelsea. his movement is still very good and i think he would get goals if played on a regular basis. 

Our squad is good enough but Iittle surprise coming from this player that forced me to feel the need to go into the transfer market as soon as this winter.. if he's not clinical, he's pretty much useless but the biggest problem is his ego.. having him on the bench wouldn't be good for the atmosphere in the dressing room given everything about him..  I'm not even thinking of trying to replace him this winter but just to shift him out with decent return and make do with remy and bamford until next summer..

It's a difficult situation, we'll continue to start him for the next couple of games, if he's still looked lost outthere then we should ring atletico madrid to cut our lost..  In an ideal scenario, he steps up to the level that is enough to justify his selection and delay his departure until next summer for the swap deal involving griezman.. 

anyway, the boo needs to stop, I don't think it will help.. just bear with it for a little while.. 

i accept your opinion. i just personally feel he needs a run of games, which he hasn't had at either utd or chelsea. his movement is still very good and i think he would get goals if played on a regular basis.

I honestly don't think a run of games would make any difference, hes done. The games I saw him play at utd he was behind the play far too often, and was taking touches in the box rather than shooting. Basically a new Torres

That's bullsh*t anyone with a pair of eyes can see Falcao isn't the player he was. He's lost lace and he's lost his instinct. He doesn't deserve a run he's not good enough.

After his injury he played well for Monaco and then moved to the circus at Old Trafford. The guy has then moved to us whilst we are playing crap, it's hardly a surprise he'd struggle along with the rest of the players.

Would it hurt to give him a run of games and show faith, he's hardly Torres Mk 2.

I wouldn't sell him in january but I'd definitely be looking at bringing in another striker.

I can't see why vardy would leave Leicester if they are still challenging for 1st.

Maybe take a punt on austin or berahino, or give bamford a shot.

I'm not sure what top strikers would be available in the summer. Maybe lukaku might be available for what paid with him only having a year left to run on his contract. One thing is for certain, if he hadn't have been an ex player, we would be scrambbling to sign him!

After his injury he played well for Monaco and then moved to the circus at Old Trafford. The guy has then moved to us whilst we are playing crap, it's hardly a surprise he'd struggle along with the rest of the players.

Would it hurt to give him a run of games and show faith, he's hardly Torres Mk 2.

No he aint, but costa is rapidly approaching Torres MkII

If there was going to be any player at the club who you could half understand them not putting it all on the line for jose it would be remy. Costa has been a joke all season long and remy looks so much better when he is on the pitch. Did well for us last season when costa was injured yet only gets brief 10 minute cameos occasionally. Give the lad a chance ffs

He's worse than Torres was for us, Torres still had the odd good game but Falcao never does. He's finished its that simple.

Yeah if guus does not want Remy we need to replace all 3 forwards.

Though really if falcao gets fit have no problem in him getting games as, when we play with Diego, we play a 4-6-0 system anyways so I doubt falcao will be much worse.

Solanke, bamford and Tammy from the youth would do better than our current 3. Not that is a ringing endorsement or anything.

In all of this, it would have been nice to see Traore be shown a little faith.

From last season (I posted this before, but, what the heck):

"Vitesse Arnhem coach Peter Bosz has hailed the quality of Bertrand Traore.

The young attacker spent this season on-loan at Vitesse from Chelsea.

"Of course, nothing is certain in football, but I assume that he is not playing here next year," said the coach to Voetbal International.

"What do I expect? I expect him just to stay with Chelsea next season. They will not sell him, not for €20 million. Nothing.

"I think he is going to get to the absolute top. In my eyes, he's going to be so. I think he is quite complete."

Falcao isn't good enough. But I don't think you can really say anything negative about his time here. He hasn't played, and has been injured most of the time.

I agree with the latter half of what you say, but Falcao not good enough?? How can you say that when he hasn't had the chance.

You can't judge him much on his time in England as both United & us haven't given him a decent run of games. Obviously being injured doesn't help but get him fit and give him a shot.

I agree with the latter half of what you say, but Falcao not good enough?? How can you say that when he hasn't had the chance.

You can't judge him much on his time in England as both United & us haven't given him a decent run of games. Obviously being injured doesn't help but get him fit and give him a shot.

Imo he isn't good enough to be 1st choice at a top club anymore based off how he has played for club and country since his eturn from injury. I think if he could stay fit, he could prove to be a decent back up, but he hasn't been to stay fit to prove that so far here, and I don't see that changing.

He's worse than Torres was for us, Torres still had the odd good game but Falcao never does.

IMO that's just not true Bobby. His positioning, timing and his movement, especially attacking the front post is miles better than Torres.

Rarely do I disagree with DKW but I think both he and you are maybe letting the Torres catastrophe cloud your judgement a bit on Falcao. If, and accept it is a very big IF, he can stay fit, and get a run of games I think he could still have something good to offer.

Edited by just

That's just not true Bobby. His positioning, timing and his movement, especially attacking the front post is miles better than Torres.

Rarely do I disagree with DKW but I think both he and you are maybe letting the Torres catastrophe cloud your judgement a bit on Falcao. If, and accept it is a very big IF, he can stay fit, and get a run of games I think he could still have something good to offer.

Completely disagree, Torres still put a shift in and had moments where looked his old self. I'm yet to see anything from Falcao that suggests to me he's better than Torres.

I'm nit letting it cloud my judgement I'm calling it as I see it, I didn't want us to sign Falcao cause he looked finished. I still think he looks finished.

Well we will have to agree to disagree on this one Bob. But Falcao is more of threat IMO because he holds a position centrally and, more importantly, in and around the box than Torres ever did. And in terms of natural finishing ability its a no contest.

IMO that's just not true Bobby. His positioning, timing and his movement, especially attacking the front post is miles better than Torres.

You may be right, and as you say without a clear run of games and fitness we will never know. But he looks similar to the likes of Torres, he just hasn't got that snap box strikers need and have, that reflex shot and hunger to get on the end of even half chances.

You may be right, and as you say without a clear run of games and fitness we will never know. But he looks similar to the likes of Torres, he just hasn't got that snap box strikers need and have, that reflex shot and hunger to get on the end of even half chances.

Likewise you may well be right too. At the moment, for me it is an unanswered question. I'm just not prepared to write him off yet until he is fit and gets a run of games. I accept that might never happen though.