Chelsea in for Falcao?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I agree would rather take a risk on Bamford than Falcao who even via a loan is an expensive acquisition. Tbh I think the links with us are all coming from his side really don't think we're in for him at all.

I'd even take Charlie Austin or Danny Ings (who as you know I don't see the fuss in) than Falcao.

When you say 'take a risk on Bamford', do you mean on taking a risk on his development? Personally I think he needs more minutes than he'd get here to continue his growth as a footballer. 

The other two are possibilities but again, we're looking at a third striker. Would either of those come in and play back-up to Costa who is very much number one?

He is being heavily linked to Valencia now.

I think he would regain his form in La Liga, not the heights of his Madrid days but probably 20 goals a season.

Edited by Sheva

I don't know why some of the arguments made in favour of him talk about his wages from the point of view of FFP. That is not the point at all. Very simply, he will inevitably be on high wages and the other players will not like it. A new signing with potential will probably sign on lower wages even if for a large transfer fee. Even if the yearly cost is greater if we buy someone else, the other players have no reason to feel disgruntled. Good points all round but this one really has no relevance as a counter argument! The only question is how the other players will react to Falcao earning this much. Also regarding Eto'o, he was a legend who had won it all and will have brought invaluable experience to the dressing room. Drogba too of course. They will have commanded respect. Falcao not at all.

I don't know why some of the arguments made in favour of him talk about his wages from the point of view of FFP. That is not the point at all. Very simply, he will inevitably be on high wages and the other players will not like it. A new signing with potential will probably sign on lower wages even if for a large transfer fee. Even if the yearly cost is greater if we buy someone else, the other players have no reason to feel disgruntled. Good points all round but this one really has no relevance as a counter argument! The only question is how the other players will react to Falcao earning this much. Also regarding Eto'o, he was a legend who had won it all and will have brought invaluable experience to the dressing room. Drogba too of course. They will have commanded respect. Falcao not at all.

I think many footballers would respect Falcao, especially players like Cahill who probably still have nightmares about him. Let's not forget Eto'o came to us from the Russian Retirement Leagues on an even bigger salary than Falcao. That's another reason not to write it off.

Edited by Blue Daze

When you say 'take a risk on Bamford', do you mean on taking a risk on his development? Personally I think he needs more minutes than he'd get here to continue his growth as a footballer.

The other two are possibilities but again, we're looking at a third striker. Would either of those come in and play back-up to Costa who is very much number one?

Yeah that's probably what I mean I agree that he needs a loan, preferably to a PL club though.

Probably not tbh which is why we need to look at an older striker, a youngster or a versatile forward. I just think Falcao for the season he's had and the money we'd be splashing in him isn't a good fit at all.

?

@grcar12 yes, Chelsea is in talks for Radamel Falcao. He could be a target, contacts are started. Let's see if they'll bid soon #CFC

This was tweeted by someone who works for DiMarzio, he is as reliable as they come. I think it's safe to say we are in for Falcao. He is a journalist at Sky sports Italia.

Edited by Sheva

the only reason i can see this happening is to line the pockets of agents... isnt Jorge Mendes Falcao's agent? he has links with us through mourinho and various other transfer dealings as far as im aware. stinks to high heavens of an easy pay day for a few individuals

Chelsea in talks to sign Radamel Falcao, according to Sky Italia

According to Sky Italia journalist Gianluca Di Marzio, Chelsea have opened talks with the relevant parties regarding the possible transfer of Radamel Falcao.

The report claims that Chelsea boss José Mourinho wants to the player at Stamford Bridge next season and that he is firmly on their list of summer targets. More undoubtedly to follow.

"Radamel Falcao's future could be still in England and in Premier League. Indeed, after his loan to Manchester United from AS Monaco, Colombian striker is searching for a new adventure. Josè Mourinho, Chelsea's manager, appreciates his qualities. Falcao is a concrete Blues target for the next transfer market window and the parties have already started to talk. Mourinho tries to buy Radamel Falcao, the future of the former FC Porto striker could be still in English football."

From DiMarzios website.

the only reason i can see this happening is to line the pockets of agents... isnt Jorge Mendes Falcao's agent? he has links with us through mourinho and various other transfer dealings as far as im aware. stinks to high heavens of an easy pay day for a few individuals

I've often wondered what Jose's role is in some of these deals. Like you say, shady as f**k. Maybe it's just a case that they're mates and he's influential with Mourinho.

But look, we're talking about a guy taking Drogba's spot in the squad. One option is a youngster, one is a multiple position player and one is an older bloke who understand he's third choice. There's positives and negatives to each.

I've often wondered what Jose's role is in some of these deals. Like you say, shady as f**k. Maybe it's just a case that they're mates and he's influential with Mourinho.

But look, we're talking about a guy taking Drogba's spot in the squad. One option is a youngster, one is a multiple position player and one is an older bloke who understand he's third choice. There's positives and negatives to each.

I don't really see any negatives with buying a young, worldclass and multiple position player like Griezmann. 

#Chelsea, #Falcao obiettivo per l’attacco: primi contatti tra le parti http://gianlucadimarzio.com/news-cat/chelsea-falcao-obiettivo-per-lattacco-primi-contatti-tra-le-parti/  #gdm #gdmercato #CFC

142 retweets37 favorites

Retweet142

Favorite37

More

Edited by CFCBlue12

I wonder if Mendes has a hand on this,He is Mou's agent,is supposedly helping us to sign Griezmann,maybe he convinced us to sign Falcao too,but it better be a loan deal,if its a permanent one i will f**king riot

I understand the skepticism towards this move, but the outright hostility is a little surprising to me, especially with the talks of him taking a huge pay cut and the fact that this would only be a season long loan. Shouldn't we at least wait to find out how much his wages will drop before we start worrying about the friction it'll create in the dressing room? (I'd actually be most interested to know how Costa would feel about Falcao coming here, going from being in his shadow to the other way around).

I'm not saying we should go all out for him, but it really depends on who the other realistic options are. If it's Lacazette or Falcao, of course I'd rather have Lacazette. But if it's Benteke for the 32m that's being bandied about or Falcao, I'd rather have Falcao. The potential benefits are greater than the short-term risk, because unlike with Torres, if this doesn't work out, he's gone in a year without us taking a major hit financially.

I know he's been sh*t with United this season, I know we've gone through some (a lot of) pain trying to turn the luck of world class strikers past their prime, and maybe I'm still blinded by the immense talent of the Falcao of old instead of accepting that he's just going to be Old Falcao for the rest of his career, but I wouldn't be unhappy with him taking Drogba's spot as long as we bring in someone like a Griezmann as well. Basically, if Falcao is one of our 2 or 3 "major" signings, then yes, I'll be concerned. But if he's just brought in as a squad option like Drogba, I don't really think it would be such an awful move.

He's going to play in the Copa America, right? Would any of you'll be more welcoming of the move if he plays well, scores a few and doesn't look like a shadow of the immense footballer he once was?

PS - Of course, if it's a permanent signing, please erase everything I've just written. Now that would be an utterly stupid thing for us to do. Thankfully, I doubt it'll happen because Falcao and Monaco have no leverage whatsoever right now.

I understand the skepticism towards this move, but the outright hostility is a little surprising to me, especially with the talks of him taking a huge pay cut and the fact that this would only be a season long loan. Shouldn't we at least wait to find out how much his wages will drop before we start worrying about the friction it'll create in the dressing room? (I'd actually be most interested to know how Costa would feel about Falcao coming here, going from being in his shadow to the other way around).

I'm not saying we should go all out for him, but it really depends on who the other realistic options are. If it's Lacazette or Falcao, of course I'd rather have Lacazette. But if it's Benteke for the 32m that's being bandied about or Falcao, I'd rather have Falcao. The potential benefits are greater than the short-term risk, because unlike with Torres, if this doesn't work out, he's gone in a year without us taking a major hit financially.

I know he's been sh*t with United this season, I know we've gone through some (a lot of) pain trying to turn the luck of world class strikers past their prime, and maybe I'm still blinded by the immense talent of the Falcao of old instead of accepting that he's just going to be Old Falcao for the rest of his career, but I wouldn't be unhappy with him taking Drogba's spot as long as we bring in someone like a Griezmann as well. Basically, if Falcao is one of our 2 or 3 "major" signings, then yes, I'll be concerned. But if he's just brought in as a squad option like Drogba, I don't really think it would be such an awful move.

He's going to play in the Copa America, right? Would any of you'll be more welcoming of the move if he plays well, scores a few and doesn't look like a shadow of the immense footballer he once was?

PS - Of course, if it's a permanent signing, please erase everything I've just written. Now that would be an utterly stupid thing for us to do. Thankfully, I doubt it'll happen because Falcao and Monaco have no leverage whatsoever right now.

Maybe I'm missing something, but how can he take a pay cut if he comes on loan?

His deal with Monaco is set in stone, they have to pay him that amount regardless..unless it's torn up, which isn't going to happen as he's a multi million pound asset to them. And Monaco sure as hell won't agree to paying 60 or 70 per cent of his wages while he plays for us.

I am pretty sure the pay cut talk was if he was transfers to us permanently, but then there is the small matter of the 30 or 40 odd million transfer fee.....

Edited by Blue Exile

Just my perspective on him.

We've had quite a weak season for our strikers overall aside from Rooney who's done quite a reasonable job upfront when played there, Falcao's movement still seemed pretty good but when given the chances he was very un-clincial for us, a shell of his former self. He seems to be half a yard slower than he was in his Atletico days as well. I don't think it helped that he was part of a patient possession based build up play in attack as with Porto, Atletico, Columbia and even Monaco to a certain extent that's something he was never accustomed to as these are teams part of a quick counter-attacking based structure unlike United and his poor form could be due to his trouble adapting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-Sty6931-w

Think this clip just sums up how his movement is still there but he's lacking the killer instinct, perhaps it's his confidence but he's regressed a lot in that aspect and Falcao's a striker that doesn't contribute so much to the build up play and if he can't even finish his chances then there's really no use for him and it's like playing with 10 men. He'd be a gamble but I wouldn't be surprised if he's banging 20/25 goals in his next team because United was just such a bad fit for him.

Just my perspective on him.

We've had quite a weak season for our strikers overall aside from Rooney who's done quite a reasonable job upfront when played there, Falcao's movement still seemed pretty good but when given the chances he was very un-clincial for us, a shell of his former self. He seems to be half a yard slower than he was in his Atletico days as well. I don't think it helped that he was part of a patient possession based build up play in attack as with Porto, Atletico, Columbia and even Monaco to a certain extent that's something he was never accustomed to as these are teams part of a quick counter-attacking based structure unlike United and his poor form could be due to his trouble adapting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-Sty6931-w

Think this clip just sums up how his movement is still there but he's lacking the killer instinct, perhaps it's his confidence but he's regressed a lot in that aspect and Falcao's a striker that doesn't contribute so much to the build up play and if he can't even finish his chances then there's really no use for him and it's like playing with 10 men. He'd be a gamble but I wouldn't be surprised if he's banging 20/25 goals in his next team because United was just such a bad fit for him.

Thank you for the information mate,appreciated!