Jordan Henderson

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

In going to be "that guy" and say I rate him. A midfield 3 of him, Matic and Cesc would be cery good imo. He would inprove us a lit in the center of the park. Also he is homegrown which is always a plus.

He's decent. Without wishing to sound arrogant...is he good enough for us though?

Can you see him being the sort of player who could influence games at the highest level. I don't.

He's decent. Without wishing to sound arrogant...is he good enough for us though?

Can you see him being the sort of player who could influence games at the highest level. I don't.

In my opinion yeah he is and yes, I do Edited by Xfaxtor

He's had a very good season, not too sure I would want him personally considering he'd probably cost a small fortune for a player that is unlikely to improve our starting XI.

If he didn't cost a small fortune though? I don't know what he's valued at but he has one year left on his contract so that would knock a fair bit off his transfer fee.

I don't think we're genuinely in for him and the rumour was probably started by his agent to pressurise Liverpool into giving him a better deal, but I think he would give a solid alternative (not an improvement) to Matic in midfield, or he could start alongside Matic with Fabregas pushed forward. Mikel and Ramires are hardly flourishing under Mourinho.

We have a number of young players who have much greater potential then Hendereson, they just need the games to develop

Who? Potential is the key word here, none of them are as far ahead as Henderson was at the same age

If he didn't cost a small fortune though? I don't know what he's valued at but he has one year left on his contract so that would knock a fair bit off his transfer fee.

I don't think we're genuinely in for him and the rumour was probably started by his agent to pressurise Liverpool into giving him a better deal, but I think he would give a solid alternative (not an improvement) to Matic in midfield, or he could start alongside Matic with Fabregas pushed forward. Mikel and Ramires are hardly flourishing under Mourinho.

I don't know, I think half the appeal is that he is English and obviously homegrown something we are a little short of in our squad.

Basically is he going to offer us something that Mikel already does? He'd pair with Matic and allow Fabregas to play further forward but then would we have much of decent passing outlet from that deep midfield role? Even with a year left on his contract I think you'd be looking at around £25m for him and honestly I don't think he upgrades on Mikel enough to justify that sort of outlay.

I'd rather we we bought in Khedira on a free transfer personally.

I don't know, I think half the appeal is that he is English and obviously homegrown something we are a little short of in our squad.

Basically is he going to offer us something that Mikel already does? He'd pair with Matic and allow Fabregas to play further forward but then would we have much of decent passing outlet from that deep midfield role? Even with a year left on his contract I think you'd be looking at around £25m for him and honestly I don't think he upgrades on Mikel enough to justify that sort of outlay.

I'd rather we we bought in Khedira on a free transfer personally.

I rate henderson, he likes a shot from range too, which is something we lack. However i do agree with you about khedira. He offers just as much as henderson and will be free. Edited by Jackbuchanan

^Khedira would want a huge sign on fee + close to £200k/w, and there is the small issue of him getting injured regularly.

This season khedira is on 120k. If he leaves real its because either they dont want to renew his contract or they want to reduce his pay. Unless arsenal outbid us on salary i reckon we'd have to pay him 100k. Reasonable i think. Either way i think our plan b behind him should be morgan schnederlin.

henderson is exactly what he will be next season...a europa league player...we can do better

Considering the rate at which hes been improving every year I doubt he will be the exact same player next year, hes likely to be a lot better

This season khedira is on 120k. If he leaves real its because either they dont want to renew his contract or they want to reduce his pay. Unless arsenal outbid us on salary i reckon we'd have to pay him 100k. Reasonable i think. Either way i think our plan b behind him should be morgan schnederlin.

I'm sure Khedira  want atleast 150k-200k when he goes on free transfer,  he ain't worth it though with his injury history (injured 262 days between nov 2013-Apr 2015) and lack of recent gametime.