Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EdinburghBlue

E3 2015 June 16-18

It's because EA know they can do absolutely minimal work and still make sh*t loads of money from it, because people will buy it regardless. Having all these official licensed games for numerous sports is an absolute huge cash cow for them, and requires them to do very little really, except update the players and kits every year.

It's only really FIFA though. They do some amazing sh*t with Maddens game modes and online modes.

It's because EA know they can do absolutely minimal work and still make sh*t loads of money from it, because people will buy it regardless. Having all these official licensed games for numerous sports is an absolute huge cash cow for them, and requires them to do very little really, except update the players and kits every year.

Yup.

The basketball game is a joke, one of the worst rated games last year. They put no effort at all into these games anymore, it's just turgid rubbish we get served every year.

No chance I'll be buying it again until they actually do something different with it.

EA's NBA live is sh*t compared to NBA 2k. Never played any other sports game by EA other than that and FIFA. 

Decent E3 so far. Some good announcements by Microsoft being the highlight for me + Fallout 4 gameplay. Hopefully more to come.

EA's NBA live is sh*t compared to NBA 2k. Never played any other sports game by EA other than that and FIFA. 

Decent E3 so far. Some good announcements by Microsoft being the highlight for me + Fallout 4 gameplay. Hopefully more to come.

I got NBA live 2015 for my Christmas from my girlfriend, played it that day and it's not been out the game since, complete dross, explains why it was a tenner. I usually get the 2k one but I thought at that price it was a decent wee side gift, how wrong I was, should have got her to get me a McDonalds instead.

EA was cringeworthy are times but i really like the look of some of their games. Battlefront looked amazing, i also can't wait for Mirror's Edge. Unravel and Plants vs Zombies looked fun too.

The new South Park game took me by complete surprise though and is my favourite moment of E3 so far. I can't wait for this game, i loved the Stick of Truth.

The trailer was perfect, tied the sequel to the original and showed it will still have the great humour whilst being a completely new experience. Can't wait

Oh god this woman doing the Ubisoft E3 show, please stop trying to make jokes. That interaction with the cosplayer in the audience was even more painful than the Pele interview. Also depressing that she apparently thinks you can catch rickets from someone.

wow ubisoft winning the e3 for me so far, big games after big games after big games (minus the jason derulo part ofc)

my top3 games so far

1.southpark

2.battlefront

3.fallout

sony better drop some new ip's later

wow ubisoft winning the e3 for me so far, big games after big games after big games (minus the jason derulo part ofc)

my top3 games so far

1.southpark

2.battlefront

3.fallout

sony better drop some new ip's later

Meh, too many shooters for me. I thought EA had a bit more Variety. I like South Park and Track Mania but i wasn't interested in anything else.

Sony's conference starting out strong.

The Last Guardian will be a must buy.

Horizon could be good but I'm not sure about playing through an eco-fable

Bit surprised by the lack of games for this years release by Sony. Quick check and they showed an ff hd remake, shenmue 3 you can fund, no man's land which I still have no idea what it is, New open world ghosts game, New hitman. Was that it? Only really hitman would interest me, I just can't see shenmue getting made unfortunately, be bloody great if they do.

Just seen shenmue starter is for 2 million dollars, that won't make much. What's that about?

Bit surprised by the lack of games for this years release by Sony. Quick check and they showed an ff hd remake, shenmue 3 you can fund, no man's land which I still have no idea what it is, New open world ghosts game, New hitman. Was that it? Only really hitman would interest me, I just can't see shenmue getting made unfortunately, be bloody great if they do.

Just seen shenmue starter is for 2 million dollars, that won't make much. What's that about?

the classic E3 microsoft fanboy rant  :laugh2:

Haven't been into games as much as I used to but picked up a PS4 the other day and E3 probably confirmed I made the right choice. They seem to have given all the 'gamers' exactly what they want, literally a wishlist of upcoming titles. 

For me, Star Wars Battlefront looks exceptional, Uncharted looks like more Uncharted which is no bad thing and this Horizon game looks very promising indeed. Plus they got the COD deal that Microsoft had last time out which is good for the 'casual' gamer.

Personally I think Backwards Compatibility is a nice thing to have but when that's the thing people are talking about most then you're probably not getting the victory you want. 

For me, Star Wars Battlefront looks exceptional, Uncharted looks like more Uncharted which is no bad thing and this Horizon game looks very promising indeed. Plus they got the COD deal that Microsoft had last time out which is good for the 'casual' gamer.

What COD deal? 

To be honest both platforms gave their gamers good things. PS4 showed off some good games and Microsoft had two top games going in the Vault as well as backwards compatibility (I want to play Far Cry 3 without the sh*t frame rate) and good games as well.

Battlefront looked immense. Fallout looked decent, I was actually a bit underwhelmed but I'll still get it. 

What COD deal? 

To be honest both platforms gave their gamers good things. PS4 showed off some good games and Microsoft had two top games going in the Vault as well as backwards compatibility (I want to play Far Cry 3 without the sh*t frame rate) and good games as well.

Battlefront looked immense. Fallout looked decent, I was actually a bit underwhelmed but I'll still get it. 

They get map packs first now, the same deal MS had last generation. 

Never played Fallout because I've never had time (same goes for things like The Witcher and most other RPGs) but it looked a decent premise. 

Halo I've been over ever since I lost track of the story and I've never been one for the multiplayer. Gears I stopped around the 2nd game, but it's a cool title still and that EA Access thing is excellent value. I think that's the one thing missing from PS4.

Sony just seem to be doing everything right. They've got the best console, they've got the lineup I prefer but I would've liked some goodies now. Infamous on the PS Plus free game thing would've been perfect.