Bobbywoodhogan

What TV Show Are You Waarching?

A few of the episodes of Timeteam on Yesterday. I have always enjoyed watching this programme.

Think the Porridge Christmas specials from 1974 and 1975 are on today and will certainly be repeated. Classic comedy with Ronnie Barker and Fulton MacKay.

2 hours ago, erskblue said:

A few of the episodes of Timeteam on Yesterday. I have always enjoyed watching this programme.

Think the Porridge Christmas specials from 1974 and 1975 are on today and will certainly be repeated. Classic comedy with Ronnie Barker and Fulton MacKay.

Porridge was a brilliant show. A wonderful cast. I watched a few episodes of the recent version of Porridge. Had its moments but not a patch on the original. Have you seen any of the latest version?

1 hour ago, erskblue said:

Boyne: No I haven't seen the latest version of Porridge.

@erskblueYou haven't missed much. When watching the new version you automatically make comparisons to the original. Ronnie Barker, Richard Beckinsale, Fulton Mackay etc were superb actors. Sadly missed.

6 hours ago, Boyne said:

@erskblueYou haven't missed much. When watching the new version you automatically make comparisons to the original. Ronnie Barker, Richard Beckinsale, Fulton Mackay etc were superb actors. Sadly missed.

Agreed. That is the very reason why I haven't and won't watch it.

Same with the newer Dads Army Film I think that both Porridge and Dads Army are too iconic, to me and probably people of my age to mess around with.

I noticed that the classic World War Two documentary series from 1973. 'The World at War' is again being shown. This time on Yesterday. A fantastic documentary series about World War Two. Probably the definitive series.

On 18/11/2017 at 13:38, Munkworth said:

The Punisher is on Netflix from yesterday, watched the first two episodes and fell asleep for the third (due to being knackered not because it bad!). 

Just finished The Punisher. It was excellent. Iron Fist and The Defenders were so so poor/disappointing receptively in comparison

Daredevil & Punisher are easily the best. I thought Luke Cage was alright & even though it didn’t get great reviews actually quite liked Jessica Jones (a bit different to the rest). 

Just finished binging on Godless this weekend, that was really good. 

This will make a lot of you laugh or cringe.

In between jobs and living with my Dad (hopefully for not too much longer) but that means watching TV with him or using the PC.

He watches a detective program called New Tricks on channel drama (which is not new) yet surprisingly find I like it.

Also while he uses the bathroom I then watch Birds of a Feather that I wouldn't have been seen dead watching 20 years ago. The weird thing is that now I actually appreciate the humour. 

On 11/18/2017 at 21:38, Munkworth said:

The Punisher is on Netflix from yesterday, watched the first two episodes and fell asleep for the third (due to being knackered not because it bad!). 

It was good, better than IRon Fist but the show completely failed when it tried to raise issues on gun control.

I also didn't like that Punisher had to kill the pawns used by bigger villains. 

The League of Gentlemen. A few years since it's been on TV but still as surreal, bizarre and brilliant. Lots of references to previous episodes so if you haven't seen it before probably won't understand some of the characters and jokes. Last night's was the first of three to be shown over Christmas and New Year.

New season of black mirror on Netflix is great. Binge watched it all in a night. Luckily it one of those shows that the each episode is separate so you can pretty much jump in wherever and watch it.

Vikings right now, and can't wait for Better Call Saul's return. They really got me hooked. Only seen Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones and Walking Dead besides that.

On 02/12/2017 at 11:51, Amputechture said:

Season 3 of Mr. Robot has been nothing short of phenomenal.

I finished watching it over xmas, brilliant series. 

Watched Red Oaks on Amazon Prime last few weeks, nice little 80`s homage show.

Vikings is good too, though I was worried it might struggle after the last seasons massive changes.

the dark is good if not a tad hard to follow at times 

I thought it was OK but there were far too many characters to keep track of over all the various time frames. I'm glad that complicated shows like this exist though even if this one didn't really do it for me.