What TV Show Are You Waarching?

• 3 weeks later...

I've been binge-watching "Clarissa Explains It All" on YouTube.  It's a sitcom for kids, and it's about a girl named Clarissa Darling, and her life.  When the serial starts, she's a junior high school student and aspiring journalist.  It ends when she graduates from high school and goes off to New York City for an internship at a newspaper. One of the running gags in it is her sibling rivalry with her younger brother Ferguson.  Her dad, Marshall, is an architect, and her mom, Janet, works at a children's museum. Her best friend is Sam, a young man who enters her second story bedroom window through a ladder. 

Has anyone seen Rectify?. It's quite slow paced but it's brilliantly acted by all the cast and it's funny and moving. Here's a brief synopsis.

Rectify follows the life of Daniel Holden upon his release from jail after serving nineteen years on Georgia's Death Row before DNA evidence disputed the State's original case. Holden, who was only eighteen years of age when convicted and sentenced to die for the brutal rape and murder of a sixteen year old girl, returns to his family and to his hometown where the murder occurred and where many still believe he is guilty. Daniel spent all of his adult life waiting to die. Now he must learn how to live again or decide if he even wants to while others choose whether or not he will have that chance.

Has anyone seen Rectify?. It's quite slow paced but it's brilliantly acted by all the cast and it's funny and moving. Here's a brief synopsis.

Rectify follows the life of Daniel Holden upon his release from jail after serving nineteen years on Georgia's Death Row before DNA evidence disputed the State's original case. Holden, who was only eighteen years of age when convicted and sentenced to die for the brutal rape and murder of a sixteen year old girl, returns to his family and to his hometown where the murder occurred and where many still believe he is guilty. Daniel spent all of his adult life waiting to die. Now he must learn how to live again or decide if he even wants to while others choose whether or not he will have that chance.

I've posted about Rectify a couple of times, it's brilliant. It seems like now would be a good time to recommend it again, in the wake of the massive success of Making A Murderer.

Watched the first episode of Stan Lee's "Lucky man" last night.

Decent start!

Comparing it to some of the other excellent Sky drama's, I have to say I didn't really rate Lucky Man.

Best thing about it is James Nesbit's rejuvenated Hair!! As a Man Utd fan, no doubt he will be passing consultant details onto Wayne Rooney.

Watched a few episodes of Master of None, didn't really find it to be my cup of tea. Anyone else liked it?

I liked it, I thought it was well observed and covered some interesting themes. Some of the acting was terrible, but I think that's because he used friends/family members for a lot of roles.

True, true, but the silly American hostess with her screeching and giggling is no match for Bradley!

And like others above, I am also a big fan of Pointless - Zander and Richard are Thinking Woman's crumpet!

Completely agree - I also don't enjoy that she calls him 'Beastie'. Bradders' line of banter is far more enjoyable.

Very much enjoy the Pointless lads as well, they have an excellent back-and-forth, and in every episode one (or both) of them invariably seems to be drunk.

Not a recent show but have just finished watching the two series of Life on Mars which were broadcast in 2005 and 2006. John Simm and Philip Glenister. A fine series. For those who haven't seen it is about a policeman (John Simm) in 2005 who is transported back in time (or it could be dream) to 1973. His ways of working are very different from those in 1973 and there are the inevitable clashes.

Not a recent show but have just finished watching the two series of Life on Mars which were broadcast in 2005 and 2006. John Simm and Philip Glenister. A fine series. For those who haven't seen it is about a policeman (John Simm) in 2005 who is transported back in time (or it could be dream) to 1973. His ways of working are very different from those in 1973 and there are the inevitable clashes.

That was a brilliant series. Tend to like anything John Simm is in but that was so well written with the right balance of drama and humour. Also helped that I am a bit obsessed with '70's nostalgia!

They followed it up with Ashes to Ashes set in the '80's with Keeley Hawes instead of Simm. Ok, but nowhere near as good.

That was a brilliant series. Tend to like anything John Simm is in but that was so well written with the right balance of drama and humour. Also helped that I am a bit obsessed with '70's nostalgia!

They followed it up with Ashes to Ashes set in the '80's with Keeley Hawes instead of Simm. Ok, but nowhere near as good.

Agree, a brilliant series and the right balance of drama and humour. It's while since I've watched some of the episodes. Probably last watched some of them when it was telly ten years ago. Great that it included the music of the time. Took me back to my youth. Agree with you about Ashes to Ashes.