Bobbywoodhogan

What TV Show Are You Waarching?

I watched the first episode of The Night Of last night and it was brilliant, I can't remember the last time I was so engaged by anything on TV. I think we're at a point now where the best TV shows are overtaking cinema in terms of cinematography and acting. It was co-written by Richard Price (who also wrote The Wire), so you know it's going to be good. Although it's not based on a true story I think fans of Making a Murderer and Serial will also dig this.

On 9/2/2016 at 11:42, bluedave said:

I watched the first episode of The Night Of last night and it was brilliant, I can't remember the last time I was so engaged by anything on TV. I think we're at a point now where the best TV shows are overtaking cinema in terms of cinematography and acting. It was co-written by Richard Price (who also wrote The Wire), so you know it's going to be good. Although it's not based on a true story I think fans of Making a Murderer and Serial will also dig this.

I watched the first episode but just couldn't get into it. Ended up reading what happens on Wikipedia. 

1 hour ago, dan_cfc said:

Just started Stranger Things, very uh strange... Interesting though so far.

Its an outstanding show, cant wait for the new series. 

Anyone who hasnt tried the Fargo tv Series should go do it now by the way, THE best thing on TV the last 5 or 6 years.

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Its an outstanding show, cant wait for the new series. 

Anyone who hasnt tried the Fargo tv Series should go do it now by the way, THE best thing on TV the last 5 or 6 years.

Stranger Things is the best show I've seen since Breaking Bad, utterly gripping and emotional! The kids in it are very good.

And Fargo season 2 was somehow better than the first series. SO MUCH VIOLENCE , loved every minute of it. 

1 hour ago, Blueblur said:

Stranger Things is the best show I've seen since Breaking Bad, utterly gripping and emotional! The kids in it are very good.

And Fargo season 2 was somehow better than the first series. SO MUCH VIOLENCE , loved every minute of it. 

Agree on both things, the kids on Stranger Things are excellent. Fargo is an astonishingly good show, and as you say season 2 was even better. 

Really, Fargo? I remember watching the first few episodes but I thought it was pretty boring. Does it take some time to get into it?

Had the same thing with madmen by the way, most boring thing I've ever seen.

Anyone tried peaky blinders? Best thing I've seen in a while.

just watched comedy central's roast of rob lowe 

really enjoyed it, especially with all the brutal personal insults straight to ann coulter's face, or as jimmy carr put it, the most repugnant hateful hatchet-face bitch alive :laugh2: 

Edited by havelschayes

1 hour ago, havelschayes said:

just watched comedy central's roast of rob lowe 

really enjoyed it, especially with all the brutal personal insults straight to ann coulter's face, or as jimmy carr put it, the most repugnant hateful hatchet-face bitch alive :laugh2: 

I DVRed that last night. Good to see my main man Peyton Manning stepping out his comfort zone. 

I have finally given in to peer pressure and started watching Sherlock on Netflix, now i'm addicted. My only slight criticism/observation is that Luther and Sherlock stories are so very similar. I feel like the personalities of main characters are a world apart but the crimes themselves almost feel Lutheresque to me. Maybe its something to do with BBC scriptwriters liking to use the same style of crime.  

I also thought Moriarty in this version overacts by a country mile. Overall though Sherlock has been a gem of a watch for me. 

4 hours ago, CFCholland said:

Really, Fargo? I remember watching the first few episodes but I thought it was pretty boring. Does it take some time to get into it?

Had the same thing with madmen by the way, most boring thing I've ever seen.

Anyone tried peaky blinders? Best thing I've seen in a while.

Both are amazing, the problem is in you ;)

4 minutes ago, erskblue said:

New York- America's Busiest City.

Second episode was on bbc 2 last night from 9-10pm and the first episode was shown last Tuesday.

Interesting series of 3 documentaries on New York.

I watched those, very interesting to see just how much goes on to supply Manhattan with its needs.  

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07p0f9y/the-80s-with-dominic-sandbrook-2-under-pressure

Enjoyed 'The 80s 'with Dominic Sandbrook.

The decade I 'grew up' in.

I was 12 when it started and in First Year in secondary school. By December 1989 I was married !

Some change in that decade in my life !

They now teach 'The Falklands War' as a History subject in secondary school !

2 hours ago, CFCholland said:

But does anything other than a bunch of guys smoking cigarettes happen?

Are the story, situations, characters and dialogues not enough? If you haven't seen Coffee and Cigarettes by Jim Jarmush then you probably shouldn't watch it :)