Bobbywoodhogan

What TV Show Are You Waarching?

Just started ‘Manifest’ on Sky, 3 episodes in. Still not sure if it. It’s like something that might run on and on without conclusions. 

I once watched nearly all of ‘Lost’ but got so tired of it that I couldn’t bring myself to watch final series. Hope Manifest does not go the same way.

Dragging myself through the last season of OITNB. 

Near the end of Santa Clarita diet which I've enjoyed very much. Timothy Olyphant has amazing comic timing.

The Boys was good at the beginning but is meandering a bit, hoping the last couple of episodes are as good as the first few. 

Also just done a Spaced re-watch and now on to Black Books re-watch, comfort television!  

Started watching The Boys on the weekend, really enjoying it, its a dark take on super heroes. Well worth watching.

Also, Spaced and Black Books are absolutely marvellous shows. 

Browsing through the BBC Iplayer the other night I came across the series Quatermass and the Pit. It was first broadcast over six episodes in late 1958 and early 1959. Brilliant. Good storyline and cast. I've seen the film version which was made in the late sixties a few times but the other night was the first time I'd watched the series.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/p00trhv3/quatermass-and-the-pit

Quatermass and the Pit was said to have inspired Tommy Knockers by Stephen King. I've read that book and watched the film adaptation and can see the similarities. 

World Athletics Championships.

Enjoyed it, especially the British women success over the last couple of evenings.

Shockingly poor very low attendances for a World Chamionship though !

Bit like QPR 's away 'support'...

Posted (edited)

'Hitler's Rockets'.

It was shown  on 'Yesterday' recently.

The race to find then destroy the V2 Rockets and then to capture the Scientists responsible.

They were taken to USA and then played a massive part in the Apollo Space Mission to the Moon.

Edited by erskblue

Anyone been watching Back Of The Net on Amazon? Weekly footy show with John Bishop, Peter Crouch & Gabby Logan plus a guest ex-footballer every week. Joey Cole on the latest one.

I actually look forward to it now, Peter Crouch is actually funny as f**k!

13 hours ago, Munkworth said:

Anyone been watching Back Of The Net on Amazon? Weekly footy show with John Bishop, Peter Crouch & Gabby Logan plus a guest ex-footballer every week. Joey Cole on the latest one.

I actually look forward to it now, Peter Crouch is actually funny as f**k!

Peter Crouch does a podcast with 2 lads who work for the BBC - you should check it out if you haven't already.

Looking forward to a couple of new series on BBC. This Friday is the start of an adaptation of Umberto Eco's book The Name of the Rose. I read the book many years ago and it was brilliant.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m00095td?xtor=ES-211-[25791_PANUK_NLT_41_ENG_ACT_0-3Months_SevenWorlds]-20191008-[bbctwo_thenameoftherose_drama]

Later in Autumn is an adaptation of H.G. Wells' The War of the Worlds. It's many years since I read the book so will have to read it again.

Ploughing through the last couple of seasons of Gotham on Netflix at the moment.  It's a silly OTT show that I keep bingeing and burning out on, it's generally good to stick on while I'm doing something else.  Just downloaded the last season to the tablet for the journeys to and from Burnley!

On 09/10/2019 at 15:30, Blueblur said:

What We Do in The Shadows

How have I just discovered this? Matt Berry has me laughing like a hyena. I LOVE it!  

BAT

Loved the film, really need to check out the show, cheers for the reminder!

On 09/10/2019 at 15:30, Blueblur said:

What We Do in The Shadows

How have I just discovered this? Matt Berry has me laughing like a hyena. I LOVE it!  

BAT

It's magnificent, had me crying with laughter and Matt Berry is a comedy genius. The werewolf fight was a highlight for me. 

2 hours ago, dkw said:

It's magnificent, had me crying with laughter and Matt Berry is a comedy genius. The werewolf fight was a highlight for me. 

I believe you tweeted me the same thought the other day, officer dibble. Yup, it me! 

Im very happy to hear that they’re filming a second series.  

I loved the series but I’ve never watched the movie.

I binged Ash vs Evil Dead last week, enjoyed the movies (even the first one when they were trying to take it seriously), my sort of ridiculous humour!

Got two days off work and an agency chef recommended Gotham after talking about the Joker movie. 

He’s a Palace fan though so his taste is questionable. 

39 minutes ago, Blueblur said:

I believe you tweeted me the same thought the other day, officer dibble. Yup, it me! 

Im very happy to hear that they’re filming a second series.  

Didn't realise it was you ha ha, good to know. Yeah happy there's a 2nd series, it's a brilliant show. 

On 25/10/2019 at 16:00, Amputechture said:

The fourth and final season of Mr. Robot. Loving it so far.

I'm just about to start watching it, gonna have to watch a catch up first though.