Arda Turan

CFCBlue12
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

How so?

We still need a right sided player who can chip in with goals and assists, Turan doesn't offer this at all.

We don't exactly need one, It would be nice to have one who does that but I am pretty confident Jose admires the job Willian is doing now and Turan is competition for that place, which currently Cuadrado does not offer.

We don't exactly need one, It would be nice to have one who does that but I am pretty confident Jose admires the job Willian is doing now and Turan is competition for that place, which currently Cuadrado does not offer.

But we don't have a goal threat from that side as it is just now, who is going to chip in with Hazard in the attacking midfield?

Hazard himself is the only one we used after we sold Schurrle on the left so what happens should he miss games? Who can play wide left then?

I really feel we need another winger and Greizmann is way ahead of the likes of Willian, Turan, Cuadrado and Salah in terms of end product in the final third.

Transfer window isn't shut yet, we may still have a couple more players in the pipe line. I think Jose might be thinking about keeping traore or bamford in the squad. He doesn't need to buy a bunch of players. Turan is experienced, so that's a good thing.

But we don't have a goal threat from that side as it is just now, who is going to chip in with Hazard in the attacking midfield?

Hazard himself is the only one we used after we sold Schurrle on the left so what happens should he miss games? Who can play wide left then?

I really feel we need another winger and Greizmann is way ahead of the likes of Willian, Turan, Cuadrado and Salah in terms of end product in the final third.

Hazard is given the space and cover from Dave to be effective, obviously he's more effective than Willian but down that right hand side you have Ivan bombing forward in which Willian needs to be more disciplined. Griezmann would obviously be a good signing to make but I really do think he is out of our price range and he only has one season under his belt at Madrid.

Turan and Willian are also both versatile, both can play left if needed. In fact all three can play left, right and central. If we sign Turan the only big signing we would potentially go for would be Pogba that I can think of. If that doesn't happen I cant see us making big signings, because nobody is available for the right price in which Jose would believe is of value.

Turan would surely rule out the likes of Sterling, Griezmann(especially since he's at the same club as Turan) and any attacking midfielders we are linked with.

Edited by Sheva

Would not say that is a good summer myself if it ends up as just begovic, turan and falcao.

However if turan replaces oscar, who goes to juve so we end up with pogba and we add John stones to begovic and, if it must be, falcao, then that will be good all around, provided Remy stays.

all day this

cant see us signing any more than 3 players

Would be a really poor signing. Commits too many fouls, is easily dispossessed, poor pass completion, doesn't contribute creatively or score enough. Only thing he's got going for him is his industriousness. He's lucky to have been playing in a really good Atletico side who cover up for him.

Atletico would be laughing all the way to the bank if he ends up at Stamford Bridge.

Are we that desperate?

Would be a really poor signing. Commits too many fouls, is easily dispossessed, poor pass completion, doesn't contribute creatively or score enough. Only thing he's got going for him is his industriousness. He's lucky to have been playing in a really good Atletico side who cover up for him.

Atletico would be laughing all the way to the bank if he ends up at Stamford Bridge.

Are we that desperate?

I don't agree with quite a bit of what you've said. There is evidence both statistically, and aesthetically to the contrary. Turan is an experienced head and most importantly he is a smart player. Someone who would work well with the likes of Hazard and Fabregas. We need some experience right now.

Given the fee is rumoured to be as high as £29m, couldn't we just go in the extra and meet Griezmann's release clause?

A lot of money for a bloke that will be 29 in January.

Couldn't agree more about Griezmann.

Quite obvious barely anyone here watches Turan play. Most going off FIFA and his statistics.

The same people probably slag off Arsenal fans for using statistics to say that Alexis is better than Hazard.

He's a good player and he will fit us better than most out there at the minute.

Quite obvious barely anyone here watches Turan play. Most going off FIFA and his statistics.

The same people probably slag off Arsenal fans for using statistics to say that Alexis is better than Hazard.

I think the main issue is because he isn't a 'big name' people aren't happy.

Agree with both points from the 2 posters above.

He's a cracking player and would be a cracking signing. I just don't know what some of our fanbase want anymore I really don't.

I think the main issue is because he isn't a 'big name' people aren't happy.

It's really not.

We need a right sided player who contributes goals and assist, Turan is a classy player but he's not the type we need for the right side. We have highlighted all year the lack of width and end product on the right side, Turan is a warrior and has his attributes but if we are spending that kind of money it would make since to go for Greizmann IMO.

Edited by Chelsbear

What would he give us that we don't already have ? all we are lacking is end product and that is something Turan doesn't have.