Pedro

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Looks like this is one that will drag on for a bit yet...

Chelsea's move for £22m-rated Pedro will have to wait until after the July 18 elections at Barcelona because the club's temporary board has been blocked from making any more transfer decisions

But if we meet his release clause is there anything they can do to stop the transfer from happening even before their Presidential Election? 

But if we meet his release clause is there anything they can do to stop the transfer from happening even before their Presidential Election?

Not sure.

It's the mail who came out with that so I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

I did not speak to [José] Mourinho. I do not want to say anything because it would disrespectful to my club.

It is true. Both parties decided to diminish the [release] clause and it is true that there are offers on the table. I am in a difficult situation with Barcelona. You want more minutes, more options, to be in the starting line-up and it is complicated.

Source: Diario SPORT

I didn't read through the whole thread but, seriously?!

Why are people here so eager to get Pedro? I won't even pay 5M for him. I know a lot of Barca fans and they just wish him gone, why would we want that kind of player?

I've seen him both in Laliga and International games and he's just sh*t. Pure sh*t.

This would be a very good signing I feel, I can imagine Pedro and Hazard either side of Willian or Oscar would work very well.

He's quick, direct, intelligent and his delivery is decent. Not only that but he has plenty of experience of winning trophies and has enough defensive nous to fit into a Mourinho side. If we can get him on the cheap we should definitely go for it.

Imagine our squad next season: Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Traoré, Pedro and Cuadrado to cover the attacking midfield band, I like the look of that depth a lot.

Why are people here so eager to get Pedro? I won't even pay 5M for him. I know a lot of Barca fans and they just wish him gone, why would we want that kind of player?

I've seen him both in Laliga and International games and he's just sh*t. Pure sh*t.

16 goals and 9 assists last season for Barcelona .....this all as a squad player. He has end product, pace and links up well with players. There are better players out there but they aren't available so i think this would be a pretty good signing. I also wouldn't take notice of what Barcelona fans think, they wanted Fabregas to leave too and that worked out well for us.

Didn't realise he got 19 goals and 9 assists last season, that's pretty good. But he is playing in a team with Saurez,Messi and Neymar - I dare say I could score that many with them three up front,

Didn't realise he got 19 goals and 9 assists last season, that's pretty good. But he is playing in a team with Saurez,Messi and Neymar - I dare say I could score that many with them three up front,

Willian was playing in a team with Costa, Fabregas and Hazard.

Pedro would score far more than anyone on the right would do for us right now that's for sure.

i would like to know which players out there, whom play in a similar position, are much better than pedro. Admittedly he isn't the pedro of 2010/11, but i think he could still be a dangerous player. He has been a brilliant squad player for arguably the biggest club in europe, in arguably the best league in europe, so how a handful of people can say he isn't the type of player we should be buying is kind of ridiculous. 

Well that's a lie

Pedro was a key part of Peps Barcelona team which is one of the greatest teams to ever play football and people seem to think he's not good enough for us?  :laugh2:

He would walk into every team in the League..including ours. This isn't some average attacking player were talking about this is a world class footballer that has won every trophy you could win! The bloke is an absolute class act and would instantly improve our team

We need another goalscorer in attack...only Hazard and Costa reached double figures last season. Pedro is capable of hitting 20 goals a season and is exactly the type of player we need and at 20 million would be one of the buys of the transfer window

I think he would be perfect in rotation with WIllian whenever we need a more attacking option. He is atleast twice as likely to run in behind the opositions defence compared to Willian, probably one of the best at doing it to be honest.

I did not speak to [José] Mourinho. I do not want to say anything because it would disrespectful to my club.

It is true. Both parties decided to diminish the [release] clause and it is true that there are offers on the table. I am in a difficult situation with Barcelona. You want more minutes, more options, to be in the starting line-up and it is complicated.

Source: Diario SPORT

Is this a real quote? If so it seems pretty likely that we're getting him.

If his buyout is deposited, elections or not the deal gets agreed. It is just down to Pedro then. Wouldnt buy too much into the "waiitng for elections before bidding" stuff as there wont be a need to negotiate. But if we do, its only end of this week.  Think I read end of season Jose wanted his new signings in squad before we flew to USA, think he will have to admit failure on that front

Edited by RickUK