Bobbywoodhogan

*Official* Pedro to Chelsea

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Probably so we can get a fee for him at the end of the season rather than him leaving for free. 

Must be the reason, I’ll be shocked if next season isn’t his last for the club. 

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Probably so we can get a fee for him at the end of the season rather than him leaving for free. 

Not really. "The winger ........ has now signed on until 2020." So if Pedro's signed a one year extension, at the end of this upcoming season he'll be in exactly the same contractual situation he is now, only he'll be a year older.

Ideally we should have replaced with someone younger and better. Still, in Sarri's system a limited player like Pedro may work more effectively and do relatively well, like Mertens at Napoli. In the meantime, hopefully CHO continues to develop his game and will have taken his place by next August.

4 minutes ago, abramovich said:

Not really. "The winger ........ has now signed on until 2020." So if Pedro's signed a one year extension, at the end of this upcoming season he'll be in exactly the same contractual situation he is now, only he'll be a year older.

Ideally we should have replaced with someone younger and better. Still, in Sarri's system a limited player like Pedro may work more effectively and do relatively well, like Mertens at Napoli. In the meantime, hopefully CHO continues to develop his game and will have taken his place by next August.

He'll be in the same contractual situation as now meaning we can sell him rather than him leaving for free. 

Pedro is big time, game changer, mamba mentality. When the season's at stake, he'll be my number one in the squad. I just hope he doesn't eat Hudson's minutes in not so impotant games. 

Edited by Giordano_Bruno

I like him. Always have. 

He's had a faultless attitude whilst being at the club, despite two of this three years here being "crisis seasons". 

He had a very respectable season in our title winning season under Conte, weighing in with his share of goals.  

I think he is a useful player to have, and suits Sarri's style of play. 

Pedro would not take CHO's playing minutes as he is mostly played on the right side while CHO on the left. It will be good to keep Pedro so that there's a challenge for William now that it is unlikely that we'll get a younger right winger. And if we sell William to get someone in his place, Pedro can still provide rotation and he is a good solid player that can change a game.

I think it's a good move. Sarri rates him, and if he could get back to his form 1 season ago, extra 10 goals a season from him will make a huge difference to where we ends up. It's clear the club tries to hold on to the players, let's sort out the easy one first and show the likes of Hazard/Kante we want them to stay. If he has a good first half of the season, we don't want him to be distracted with his contract running out, so we get that fixed

On 05/08/2018 at 08:12, chelseablueboy said:

I've always liked Pedro, since he joined he's put 100% in every time he plays, scored some cracking goals for us and you never hear any moaning when he's not in the starting 11.
Seems to me an alright fella.

I like Pedro too, you can't fault his work rate and he deserved his spot ahead of Willian 2 season's ago, a decision from Conte that a lot of the media questioned at the time. People say Willian should be in the squad more often, but i haven't seen Willian have a season with us that has been as effective as Pedro's was during our title winning season in 2016/17. I don't think we will see that season's Pedro again now though. It feels like that was his last big season at the top level. If anything, i think he is very lucky to still be here this season. I do wonder if he would still be here if it wasn't for the world cup and shorter transfer window though, the same goes for some other players who performed so poorly last season.

Anyone else think he'll leave to China in January for a large fee? He has two seasons left and there was rumours about Chinese clubs being interested. If we can get £60m (or even £50m+) or something for Pedro, that would be incredible. 

Pedro seems to fit in Sarri’s style easily, understandable coming from Barca. Good squad player and contributes well. See no reason to sell him. We won’t get much for him either. 

Pedro has always been a "coach's dream" sort of player. All his managers from Guardiola to Conte have spoken one way or another about his tactical awareness and goalscoring nous. He is just the ideal squad player; he has played with the likes of Hazard, Messi, Iniesta etc and yet wins their respect as a matchwinner and teammate. 

Obviously his physical skills are on the decline but he can still make a contribution and set an example of professionalism few can match.

Edited by SydneyChelsea

20 minutes ago, SydneyChelsea said:

Pedro has always been a "coach's dream" sort of player. All his managers from Guardiola to Conte have spoken one way or another about his tactical awareness and goalscoring nous. He is just the ideal squad player; he has played with the likes of Hazard, Messi, Iniesta etc and yet wins their respect as a matchwinner and teammate. 

Obviously his physical skills are on the decline but he can still make a contribution and set an example of professionalism few can match.

He has won me over too, didn't like him at first yet his work rate and desire to play have been special.

3 hours ago, enigma said:

Anyone else think he'll leave to China in January for a large fee? He has two seasons left and there was rumours about Chinese clubs being interested. If we can get £60m (or even £50m+) or something for Pedro, that would be incredible. 

I don't think the Chinese market is there anymore. They increased the tax to 100% for foreign transfers, to try and stop the large transfers, and to force teams to use Chinese players. 

So a £50m transfer for pedro, would cost the buying club £100m 

Its the main reason they didn't come back in for costa, since the rule changed between January and last summer.