*Official* Pedro to Chelsea

Think we all view Pedro with frustration. At times he is brilliant and scores goals like the one he scored in pre-season - absolutely worldy.

But more often than not he runs about with plenty of energy enthusiasm but loses possession or chooses the wrong option and that's why for me he is a handy squad player but not someone you want to rely on and start big games like the one yesterday. And unfortunately we have more of the same with Willian.

Anyone missing Hazard yet.......................................?

2 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Think we all view Pedro with frustration. At times he is brilliant and scores goals like the one he scored in pre-season - absolutely worldy.

But more often than not he runs about with plenty of energy enthusiasm but loses possession or chooses the wrong option and that's why for me he is a handy squad player but not someone you want to rely on and start big games like the one yesterday. And unfortunately we have more of the same with Willian.

Anyone missing Hazard yet.......................................?

I'm missing CHO more than Hazard at the minute. We look more of a team without Eden, rather than just get the ball and try to pump it out to the LW and hope for the best.

51 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

I'm missing CHO more than Hazard at the minute. We look more of a team without Eden, rather than just get the ball and try to pump it out to the LW and hope for the best.

It’s a tactic that worked way too many times though and a good little get out clause when everyone else were playing sh*te!

Pissed me off yesterday a few times. Not just his passing but decision making. He had the chance to slide the ball through to, I think Giroud, who would have been in open space and he turned and passed it to his side.

Absolutely had me raging I punched the wall. Arrgghh! For an experienced player he sure does play like a clueless one on too many occasions. 

Striked me as a leader tonight more than anything tonight! I have to admit at one point I grew really frustrated with Pedro in the past but now value him and what he adds to this group of players. Just in general I like the fact that he is direct and is willing to try shooting it from outside of the box for instance. Put in a great shift and performance tonight - as did all of our players to be fair.

2 minutes ago, Saru said:

Striked me as a leader tonight more than anything tonight! I have to admit at one point I grew really frustrated with Pedro in the past but now value him and what he adds to this group of players. Just in general I like the fact that he is direct and is willing to try shooting it from outside of the box for instance. Put in a great shift and performance tonight - as did all of our players to be fair.

He was dreadful on Sunday but he was superb tonight  - as good as he's ever been, I'd say.

1 minute ago, Backbiter said:

He was dreadful on Sunday but he was superb tonight  - as good as he's ever been, I'd say.

I agree he didn't have a good game against United. There was one specific moment I recall when he didn't put someone through when I was frustrated and thought he should be doing better with all his experience. However one thing that you cannot take away from him is that he always does look to get on the ball and wants to be direct and try to make things happen - does not come off in some games, but I feel like just his presence and the willingness to try to make things happen is a big plus of his game and hopefully rubs off on our youngsters to have that confidence in themselves!

But agreed - great performance tonight! Hopefully many more of such ilk.

Epic game again, he's not done but after that injury he could barely play anymore, he should've been subbed instead of Pulisic.

Frustrating that Pedro played the same way he did before pulling his whatever + tiredness, it ended up with him giving away the ball a lot

I was pretty shocked to See Pedro starting today. He played a ton of minutes in the preseason and 120 on Wednesday. 

Thought we should have seen him and Dave rotated today. 

Also thought we'd see Alonso today. Hell, we may never see Alonso again if he can't get minutes after Emerson played 120 on Wednesday. 

9 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

Epic game again, he's not done but after that injury he could barely play anymore, he should've been subbed instead of Pulisic.

Frustrating that Pedro played the same way he did before pulling his whatever + tiredness, it ended up with him giving away the ball a lot

Worked his ass off during the game, but was clearly done after half time. Pedro and Kante needed to be subbed earlier I thought, they were clearly struggling with fatigue. They were still working and running as hard as ever, but their touch, passing and decision making was getting worse as the game was going on.

32 minutes ago, 2211 said:

Can never question his work rate, but my image of him is running around in circles, sometimes even back into his own half.

Still ahead of Willian in the pecking order IMO.

After today’s cameo, I think me and you are ahead of Willian right now :laugh2:

I still don’t think he’s good enough to be a starter, I appreciate our hands are tied at the moment but for all his work rate and quick feet his decision making is horrendous a lot of the time. He lost the ball for Uniteds first goal last weekend and almost lost it in the exact same position this week. He runs around in circles at time and up dead ends. Definitely a good squad player and you can’t question his work rate but the quicker CHO is back the better for me. 

Still light years ahead of Willian mind you!

Pedro strikes me as a lovely chap, someone who loves playing football and does so with a great smile on his face. His effort and work rate is commendable, and could be infectious to the team, but far too often, he is sloppy and makes appalling decisions. A very frustrating player to watch, and infuriating at times. Simple mistakes, which a veteran of experience, and Barca pedigree should not be making. 

Vital to the squad at the moment for experience, and a useful squad player who can do a job across the front three, but he would not be in or around the first teams of anyone else battling for the top 6. 

• 5 weeks later...

On 18/08/2019 at 21:53, nonotnowjim said:

Pedro strikes me as a lovely chap, someone who loves playing football and does so with a great smile on his face. His effort and work rate is commendable, and could be infectious to the team, but far too often, he is sloppy and makes appalling decisions. A very frustrating player to watch, and infuriating at times. Simple mistakes, which a veteran of experience, and Barca pedigree should not be making. 

Vital to the squad at the moment for experience, and a useful squad player who can do a job across the front three, but he would not be in or around the first teams of anyone else battling for the top 6. 

If he was good enough to play for Chelsea, Barcelona would never have sold him ...

25 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

Clearly not fit to play, the problem is he doesn't listen to his body and plays the same way he is in top form, he'd probably try to sprint past a player with a broken leg.

Frank probably played him for his experience but that was a bad move

I don't even think lack of fitness is a good enough excuse for that performance. This is just how Pedro is now. He's either awful or playing a blinder, there is rarely any in between with him anymore. He's also poor more often than not as a sub.

• 3 months later...