Bobbywoodhogan

*Official* Pedro to Chelsea

1 hour ago, sonic90 said:

He had an enormous advantage over Gomez in that 1 on 1 with the keeper, you could say he's lost pace and stamina but at the same time he isn't playing week in week out so he's not in top form fitness wise. That being said I would bet on a bench player in his 20s scoring that.

Whether we keep him next season or not depends on if Willian stays on, we'll have CHO, Pulisic and Ziyech as wingers, it will be good to have one of Willian or Pedro as the 4th winger for rotation but obviously I think Willian would be a better choice. 

Many younger strikers also struggle with those 1 on 1's, he hit the target the keeper saved it. 

It was a shame no-one got level with him.

19 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Many younger strikers also struggle with those 1 on 1's, he hit the target the keeper saved it. 

It was a shame no-one got level with him.

I was talking more about the run and the fact the defender actually caught up to him but watching it again it was Pedro's decision to slow down and not get any closer to the GK, whether that was down to tiredness or seeing the daylight between his legs only he knows.

1 minute ago, sonic90 said:

I was talking more about the run and the fact the defender actually caught up to him but watching it again it was Pedro's decision to slow down and not get any closer to the GK, whether that was down to tiredness or seeing the daylight between his legs only he knows.

I would suspect tiredness and perhaps he was waiting for the Keeper to move, noticed the way he cleverly ran in front of their defender to slow the latter or get the foul. After being out of the side so long it was a bold effort. 

Just now, 2211 said:

Was good today.

:sofa: Maybe Lampard has slightly mismanaged him and Giroud this season. They obviously aren't the answer in the long run, but they should probably have been used a bit more at the beginning and middle part of the season.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

Excellent game from Pedro today. A few more like that and he might get a contract extension ...

He's an exemplary professional, his huge experience should be beneficial to our army of kids. He's had a couple of good games again, showing what he can do. I wouldn't mind him staying for another season.

Edited by Valerie

20 minutes ago, Valerie said:

He's an exemplary professional, his huge experience should be beneficial to our army of kids. He's had a couple of good games again, showing what he can do. I wouldn't mind him staying for another season.

I was thinking the same thing ... and also about Giroud ... those guys have been part of teams that have won the games top honours ... you can't buy that sort of experience and mentality ...

6 hours ago, Valerie said:

He has never been my favourite player Val, but in terms of his attitude and professionalism I agree, you can't fault him. 

8 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Lovely watching vintage Pedro. That goal was beautiful 

Pedro makes interesting runs that create attacking opportunities and I feel when Willian is also playing well it must be a nightmare for defenders, that happened yesterday.

19 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

Excellent game from Pedro today. A few more like that and he might get a contract extension ...

Hope not, he played well yesterday but with Ziyech coming in, and Willian likely to leave, we should be looking for another signing on the wing. He ain't getting any younger.

26 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Hope not, he played well yesterday but with Ziyech coming in, and Willian likely to leave, we should be looking for another signing on the wing. He ain't getting any younger.

Ziyech, Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi, Pedro or Willian  ... looks like a pretty good winger quartet to me ?

I'd want at least one of the four to have extensive PL experience ...

21 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

:sofa: Maybe Lampard has slightly mismanaged him and Giroud this season. They obviously aren't the answer in the long run, but they should probably have been used a bit more at the beginning and middle part of the season.

I don't think so to be honest, this is the first time I've seen Pedro play well and he he's had plenty of games. Giroud looked seriously unfit before January, and tbf Batsuayi was playing well for a tiny bit earlier in the season when coming off the bench. At the moment though it has to be Giroud if not Tammy, he's soooo much better than Michy and to be honest his build up play is better than Abrahams. He bullies defenders and is excellent on the counter attacks. 

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

I agree, I love Pedro as a bloke and he has been quality for us. But this is his first good game for us this season, it was shades of Pedro under Conte, but that's like one good game in how many this season? He's not the player he was two years ago I'm afraid, it's time to go and make way for the new blood. Hopefully he can give us some more good performances before he leaves though. 

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

I don't think so to be honest, this is the first time I've seen Pedro play well and he he's had plenty of games. Giroud looked seriously unfit before January, and tbf Batsuayi was playing well for a tiny bit earlier in the season when coming off the bench. At the moment though it has to be Giroud if not Tammy, he's soooo much better than Michy and to be honest his build up play is better than Abrahams. He bullies defenders and is excellent on the counter attacks. 

He really hasn't, he's only played 9 league games all season, 18 in all competitions (a bunch of them have been as a sub) The same goes with Giroud, 9 games in the league, 13 in all competitions. They definitely should have been played a bit more than this. The only thing that will improve their game and fitness is if they get a few more minutes on the pitch. With the amount of injuries we have had this season, these two really should have played a lot more.

He has a few more sparks left in him before he fades completely. Loved him but this should be his last season with us before retiring

Very surprised to see this topic quiet. It seems by his comments, that what is going on has got to him a lot. He probably wouldn't have been here next season anyway? and without this season continuing, he probably just wants to break now. Understandable.

Its a shame cause he's found a lot of form again and been a great player for the club. Experience like this is hard to find too with the youngsters coming through. I'll miss him.

He is a very good and vastly underrated player. We will absolutely miss his quality when he is gone. He is also a pro. Doesn't moan or throw tantrums and by all the stories he trains very hard and sets a good example for the younger players.

We might well see a void of experienced players here if Willian and Giroud move on as well.